A Thousand Suns Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

ehhhhh, i would say that if i were you . . .

2. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

You would say what? :O

3. Hellions

Hellions Banned

"Affix your gaze upon your significant other. Now resituate your view on my person. Resume your previous viewing of your companion. Now finally return your focus to myself"

4. Jeff

i meant wouldnt in my previous post lol i just noticed that mistake (i hate this keyboard with a passion of A Thousand Suns [see what i did thar lol]
    i wouldnt post any homophobic remarks, thats all. its not exactly accepted here, nor will it ever be.

5. Legend

Legend Banned

This thread is full of win win win

6. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

it wasn't ment to be homophobic o_0

7. Jeff

i know, but some people get touchy . . . just trying to keep peace. i once called the shoutbox retarded (please forgive me admins, just trying to give an example) and was told not to do so since some people get offended

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You could've edited the post. Then, you wouldn't have had to admit to your mistake. :* That goes for all of you.

9. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

woo that's what I did...I erased my comment as soon as "The Catalyst" found something wrong with it. o_0

10. Jeff

it wouldve been too late, since he quoted my post in the first place :p

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As everyone is saying, in order to prevent offending homosexual people we discourage against calling things "gay" on here. Please refrain from doing that in the future and please take an opportunity to read the rules in Newbie Camp so that you can make the most out of your time here :).

12. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't post often, but I'll venture to give my opinion. I personally think the cover is pretty unoriginal. I was hoping Linkin Park would take the energy from Fort Minor and meld it into Linkin Park's style to create a really dynamic, colorful piece of art for the cover. I understand the minimalist approach, as I paint frequently as a hobby. Frankly, I just don't think this is a great piece that captures what a minimalist piece is suppose to be. I don't like the design. I don't like the color scheme. I DO like the idea behind the art, as well as the boldness to try something of this magnitude, I just wish they were both executed better :-/.

However, like everyone else has noted; the album cover is basically arbitrary - It's the music that matters. And that is what I look forward to the most!

13. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

It's funny how LP's own fans are making them feel bad about their stuff XD (album cover)

14. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

seconded. :lol:

-------------------------------

To be honest the first time I looked at it, its really nonsense. To people who said that it was nice, c'mon don't be such a plastic. I know your first reaction was like "LP, WTF!? :ohno: ". Don't get me wrong. It's not even about simplicity because there is nothing there just plain black and white or some sort of a dove or whatever. Then I realize Mike and Joe Hahn are artists themselves so maybe there are some sort of artistic explanations behind this nonsense cover. But whatever the reason, I still don't buy it.

Oh well, I agree on the saying don't judge a book by its COVER but this time its an album. :awesome:

15. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Wasn't a complex insinuation...most things Linkin Park-related you initially complain about you seem to end up defending and enjoying later is all. That's the impression I get at least, was my first thought when I saw your complaint lol.

16. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Actually, it's funny that LP's fans usually praise everything they do, simply because it's associated with Linkin Park.

This is the first time I've seen their fan base universally act like we have minds that can actually make an honest opinion.

17. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Stupid. Linkin Park is disappointing me. "A Thousand Suns" as an album title? Some stupid black and white image as the cover art?

I miss me Linkin Park of 2000-2006 :(

I hope this new album is good, but clearly it won't be anything like the music that I fell in love with.

EDIT: Please don't insult me as not being a Linkin Park fan, simply because I have a negative opinion about the band. Opinions are allowed. Thank you.

18. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Hmmm. I'm trying to look at it in a "look at this image while listening to trippy shit" kinda way...
    Might not be the best image for the cover, but I think some of the artwork could be pretty cool...

19. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I still really like the cover, but I can see what you guys are saying now with it looking like a cheap photoshop job.

I still love the image and the direction, but now I wish it was a little more polished up for sure.

20. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

I'd also like to say one more thing; These forums are fantastic as is the site, and as far as I'm concerned this IS the best Linkin Park fan site out there. Linkin Park is my favorite band, by FAR. Ever since I saw One Step Closer music video on TV nearly a decade ago I was hooked.

However, I feel as though some of us blindly follow Linkin Park regardless of the quality of some of their work. If you truly like something, than that's fine, after all, we are all entitled to our opinion. But, it -seems- (maybe just to me) that some people here would 'like' a Linkin Park song if it was a recording of Mike Shinoda taking a dump. Remember that we are fans, not proles. Yes, Linkin Park is awesome, but it is our job to be critical [to an EXTENT]. Lets be honest, not everything Linkin Park has ever produced is gold. I encourage everyone to be forward about things, instead of giving lukewarm responses like "It may grow on me" ect. Sure it might (and probably will), but weren't you expecting something that would blow your mind? I set the highest expectations for this band, because I love them and know they are capable. Anyways, I digress. I meant no hard feeling by this post!

Food for thought: I'd be willing to bet that Mike or Chester would much rather hear from a fan who was skeptical/critical of a piece of music they've made than a fan that was absolutely in love with it their first listen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.