Update At LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think everybody's dot goes to the same place in the upper right hand side. I have no idea how this works to be honest, I would have thought that only tweets from LP.com count, but I don't know if tweeting #athousandsuns from twitter count or not.

2. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Very well here i go to twitter to twett more animal names

3. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I would bet it only counts if you tweet from LP.com. There's a web application running on LP.com that calls Twitter's API. If you went to Twitter yourself and tweeted, I highly doubt that would do anything.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Yeah mines always in the upper right corner as well. And typing #athousandsuns from Twitter.com definitely works! We need to work together to get this image! And I agree that this is just a filter for the real image.

LP said on Facebook to "help set me free". Then they said hint: #AThousandSuns. Why would they bother telling us that if we had to type it on lp.com with it already saying #AThousandSuns for us?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, that's what I would have thought also, that only tweets from linkinpark.com count.

6. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

well at least my dot is not on the upper right!!

Is in the bottom right :awesome:

Well...I think we will have to wait like 2 days

7. Pedro18

How about someone twetts a sentence from twetter.com and someone will look in the lp.com site if the message come's up in that sort of mesage box, with that i think we could find out if twetts from twitter.com count or not

8. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

You might be right, but it's definitely not realtime e.g as soon as you post a new tweet with that hash it unlocks a new pixel. Twitter's API has a rate limit as in you can only talk to Twitter so many times per hour. Good luck and keep trying to unlock the puzzle.

9. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm thinking there's gonna be a message or a link that'll pop up after all this is done. Or maybe we need to photoshop screen the image and get something out of it. Somebody should try that now.

10. Benjamin

Ok Pedro18. Go to the LP.com thing and watch for my tweet. I will say "Heeeeey Pedro18". My username is bschneid711. I will tweet it at 30 past the hour ( in like 5 min)

Edit: Or anyone else can go there to. I am going to type "Heeeeeey Pedro18". Everyone look for it in 3 min!

11. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Well, I don't know if Adam has spread the word around, but do the other fansites know to spam this now?

12. Pedro18

can you do it now i was making something to eat :lol:

or like in 5 mins

13. evulture

evulture Banned

have u ever heard a band would let the fans wait for the album cover like this? i mean its more than a day now :S

14. Pedro18

No i have not, but i also never a hear of a band like Linkin Park so it kindda makes sense

15. Benjamin

I just typed it like 20 times. Haha umm you see anything?

16. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I briefly read over Twitter's API documentation and it seems like only tweets made through LP.com are counting. It's primarily due to the way the API is called, like DHopper said. My guess is the pop up window does two things, sends a request to the Twitter API via GET while it passes the proper variables to the Flash file, possibly reading from/updating an XML file or something similar. From there on, the AS does the rest of the work in displaying everything. From what I gather, the API is strictly HTML so even if there's server-side activity going on, it's coming from LP's side, not Twitter's. I'm not sure there's a way to verify a fixed number of hashtag variables (in this case, required to fill the empty spaces) without going through LP.com's servers but it doesn't sound very likely. It's been a while since I've really worked with Flash, though.

17. Pedro18

No, but the time stamp on the messages is kind of weird, like i'ts going from the new messages to the old ones, liki this, 21 54 03 and the message afer that is 21 53 04, and also the date that apears on the messages is from yesterday day 20.

well just saw it now, it is going from the new messages to the old ones, i just saw one with 21 on the date

18. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Be Patient.:)

19. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I couldn't help but notice you have a Tool avatar, and your post was Tool lyrics.

Not sure if it was on purpose, but if it was, props.

20. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

It was indeed on pupose, sir. It's a little hard to see, but it's also a link to The Patient. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.