A Thousand Suns 6 Track Sampler Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I really wouldn't mind if this album took a few pages from This Is War's book, now that I think of it:

1) The layout of quite a few songs being very different from each other, as we saw with Stranger In A Strange Land, 100 Suns, Vox Populi..
    2) The length being a good four to five minutes in average.
    3) If they execute this correctly, the album will sound different from everything else they've done but still take them to a better direction.
    4) The atmospheric feeling you get from This Is War or any of Linkin Park's past albums (I'm looking at Meteora).

I personally think both bands are great in their own sense, but this made me look a lot more forward to Linkin Park's album!

Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

When I heard Reanimation, I was sold!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Me, with the music i do, i am used to do it progressive, with no chorus or verse per se, and i have to say i like it more than any other style because it comes from heart and spontaneous. That's one thing LP will impress me with, seems. I didn't see this coming, if i have to be honest.
    One thing i hope tho, is that they didn't choose purposely 6 songs in which lenght is over 4 minutes to hype it even more, as people reacts obviously surprised at it (even if it was anticipated by Mike, when he said "tracks might be less but longer" aside from "we are trying all different NEW schemes"). I hope the other 6 are not ALL 3 minutes:something; if so, nevermind, just they have to be Really good then ^^

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

This is fantastic news.

I'm a bit leery on the large amount of electronic-style music mentioned a bunch (I've always respected real instruments/parts as opposed to ones made by a computer on a grid), but the song lengths and the variety have me very, very stoked.

I mean, a single over 5 minutes? We should also be thanking Warner Bros (as hard as that is to swallow), for finally giving Linkin Park a chance to prove themselves to the masses.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This. Warner seems to have finally backed their influence off LP completely. This new album is pure Linkin Park. Which may be difficult for some people to swallow, especially if all they want is another Hybrid Theory, but this is the best way for LP to do it.

Making music because they love it, and no one else. Though of course I'm sure tons of people will love it too.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This pleases me. The fact that other people can see they are taking risk now. Awesome. Now I'm getting excited

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

just how much has warner bros influenced LP's past albums?

BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

I think I will not be pleased with this album...descriptions don't sound exited.

Brandon

The band has pretty much confirmed that Meteora was a result of pressure from both the label and the fans to prove that they weren't a one-hit wonder.

The label's pressure on the band during Hybrid Theory is also well-documented, the whole "cowboy hat and lab coat" thing with Joe, trying to make Mike just play keyboard, etc. They say Hybrid Theory was the album they wanted to make, but Don Gilmore pretty much made them re-write a bunch of the lyrics if you compare them to the demos, so even if the album overall was true to LP, it was probably a bit watered down by Warner.

seonte

seonte Member

What were you looking for with this album? More of the same?

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

So basically... it's like they're re-feeding off the synergy they had when making "And One" and "She Couldn't" or something but turning into something more epic.

I can't wait for "The Catalyst". Mike was right when he proclaimed we only heard a fraction from the stems. It seems more and more like a smaller fraction and all of us are all kinds of way off from what it'll actually be.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I miss LPTV so much that I am now watching old Meteora time LPTVs....:D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

god, i hope we dont get the same. the nu metal sound has been exhausted over the years, and im glad we are getting a new style of music from Linkin Park. This review has gotten me more than stoked to hear about how it will sound. BTW . . . welcome to the LPA :lol:

BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

I don't feel I received excitement from this people and I didn't like any of the stuff described. All descriptions bring "Little things give you away" to mind. I don't like "litte things give you away".

seonte

seonte Member

Agreed :) And thanks.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I can't wait! This is starting to sound like one badass Linkin Park album. Come on September!

seonte

seonte Member

I wasn't the biggest fan of LTGYA either, but I'd reserve judgment until you hear the album. The article is just implying that the album is going to sound different than their older work.

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

...but...

That's their best song!!

Brandon

This album isn't going to sound anything like anything LP has done before, or a combination of anything they've done before. That's a given.

So don't get excited or disappointed if you think these descriptions sound like a past song or album.

20. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.