LPAssociation.com, LPLive.net, & LPTimes.com Exclusive Contests!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirsty

kirsty New Member

"Which Linkin Park music video is your favorite and why?"

Wow what a tough question! It's a choice between What I've Done and Faint, but What I've Done really spoke to me on a personal level, it made me look at myself and got me thinking about my choices in life and how they not only affect me but the world around me. Awesome stuff LP!!

2. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I'd have to say this is a very tough one. I loved all the Linkin Park music videos from One Step Closer to Numb. But when Linkin Park's new single/video for "What I done" this song just jumped out at me. Its like all the Teen anger, rage, and changes in my life I had during Hybrid Theory and Meteora went away when I heard "What I've Done". Mainly cause the song pretty much told me "Hey, its time to grow up. People have had and are having it alot harder in there life then you are."

So "What I've Done" is the one. It help me get out of my teen years and grow up into the man I am today. A happily Married man with 3 wonderful kids.

3. MatiasLasa

MatiasLasa New Member

My fav LP video is Leave out all the rest Cause i feel the power of the band and the simply of they about a band and how is the relation by friends :) i love it.

4. KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

Question: "Which Linkin Park video is your favorite and why?"

Answer: I would have to say that "From the Inside" is my favorite music video from Linkin Park. The setting for the video is perfect; cloudy weather, people rioting and a kid who "throws it all away." The song itself is a great song but when I watch the music video, Linkin Park reaches a whole new level of AWESOME!!!

5. Bia_Barrett

Bia_Barrett New Member

This is awesome! I have a question though; do we really have to pick just one?
    I've been thinking about it for hours and all I could do was narrow it down to 4!

6. lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

While I liked a bunch of different videos, my favorite is going to "Crawling". I believe it was one of my first that I saw and it just had a great subtle story to it. The visuals were great for the time (and for the most part today as well) and the concept was completely new to me. Thanks for the contest by the way, really cool idea(s).

7. Letícia

Letícia New Member

"Which Linkin Park music video is your favorite and why? "

My favorite music video is Numb. The clip shows some situations very common among us all. Who ever felt frustrated by not matching the expectations of someone and being ignored by not "fit" in society today? After all, it's always good to know that we are not alone in your particular application. The video reminds me of situations I spent, and makes me feel very close to the band. It is as if the feelings (mine and the feelings of the band) on just one! There is a strong feeling in the video clip. I enter the video clip and see myself in the place of the actress! It's surreal! I love it! :)

8. phill715

phill715 New Member

I like the video for Leave Out All The Rest, because it is so interesting, and everytime I watch it, I notice something that I had never noticed before. I love it.

9. Leonardo

Leonardo New Member

My favorite music video is “One step closer”. For start it’s the first and has a huge important to the band. Second is because the band really pass what the song wants to say, “anger”. When I usually whatch the video I’m calm and slight. Third is for the song, it’s really powerful.

10. Anstice

Anstice Member

I'd never had a hard time choosing a video of Linkin Park that I liked until New Divide came out. I always loved From the Inside, but when New Divide came out. I don't particularly like all the ambience that is used in the video because it make things hard to make out; but I love the movie clips with Chester singing and the band playing mixed in. The colors are also very crisp and beautiful. Great video!

11. FerSynesthesia

FerSynesthesia New Member

Q:"Which Linkin Park music video is your favorite and why?"
    A: My favourite video is In The End, because it have a great digital work in the most entire video, and it brings me a lot of memories :)

12. Alex21

Alex21 alexlinkinpark

My Favorite Music video is New Divide. It's my favorite because they made the song special to the movie and i fell that when the music video was filmed it put the concept of the Transformers movie into the video. Good Job Mr. Hahn on directing. That's why I love the Song and the Video.:lol:

13. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

"no contra!"

From The Inside is not only my favorite Linkin Park song, but it's also, in my opinion, the best music video they've ever released to the public, for a variety of reasons. The video itself is a moving, political piece about the late 80s Iran-Contra scandal, which involved the US government secretly funding a group of Nicaraguan contras, of which those funds would be made by selling weapons to Iran, who were under a strict arms embargo.

After Mehdi Hashemi leaked this information to the media, all hell broke loose. For you see, it was reported that the contras and the US government had joined forces to more easily bring cocaine to the United States. When the world found out, people were terrified, shocked and any other emotion you can imagine. "From the Inside" tells the tale of a young boy growing up in the midst of the Iran-Contra affair, and his explosive emotions dealing with his outrage at how his government, and his people, are reacting to this atrocity. Mobs of common citizens uniting with one another to clash with officers of the law, clad in riot gear, tanks patrolling the streets, etc. etc. Finally, his anger reaches a new height, just as Chester screams out the prophetic lyrics, "I won't waste myself on you!". His anger is physically felt, with the angry mob of citizens and police officers being pushed back forcibly, the little boy's un-drank milk shakes and spills on his parents' coffee table, while Linkin Park is unaffected, playing the final riffs of the song with added vigor, while Chester emotionally twists and turns his body, almost like he feels the entire situation with all of his being and knows the little boy's pain. That's when you realize..

It's 1986, and the little boy is Chester Bennington.

14. MTluvsCHAZY

MTluvsCHAZY New Member

My favorite Linkin Park music video would have to be What I've Done. Each time I watch this video, I am reminded that every action has its consequence, and that others are known to suffer from your careless decisions in life even when you don't. The numerous clips depicting our world's hypocrisy dig deep in many aspects, and really bring a powerful message to the surface.

15. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

My favourite LP video would have to be Crawling. I love the way the band is represented as basically the voices in her head, presenting an inside explanation to how she appears on the outside.
    It also gives a look into Chester himself, "I stand beside my own reflection" at the point where he stands beside the girl who is going through a clearly traumatic time, implying that Chester has been through a similar situation.
    The bands music is also represented as something that can help with such a situation, and eventually breaks down the ice/crystals, which are a symbol of what she must get past in order to overcome her issues. This again is something I can relate to, this being the main reason I listen to Linkin Park.

16. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

My favorite video of Linkin Park is the one that hasn't been made yet. We've been spoiled from the early days with high energy/ intense videos from LP. I along with other loyal forum members are slipping away from the passion they once had for LP, I really need a song to bring me back into what I once was obsessed about, unique, blood pumping, high output music. It's not that the last record was a flop, I liked it but it didn't stick like the previous records. I can't put my finger on what is different but I find that a band like Muse is my new obsession. It's not that the soft songs of LP turned me off, Muse's record "The Resistance" has a three freakin symphony songs, and I find it epic that a rock band can do that.

I'm not in this contest to win, I won the Haiti Relief auction for the original set piece that was auctioned off, and it feels pretty cool to say that. I've got Mikes "Ace of Spades, Icon, and Neuphoria" prints along with skate decks, books and other LP stuff. All in all I just want that feeling back. Even right down to the forums, Muse forums, everybody is upbeat and stoked for everything Muse does, LP forums are so negative, whiny and everybody is a harsh critic.

I have my fingers crossed that LP finds "it" on the next one.

17. ManClub

ManClub Active Member

I would have to say my favorite video would be "Breaking the Habit." The animation is done beautifully and really matches the song well. It was very interesting to see the guys drawn in such a beautiful way. Very awesome video.

18. Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

My favorite video is From the Inside because it seems to fit the mood of the song well and the song relates to me a lot as well

19. Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Very tough question. Hard to pick between Breaking the Habit and From the Inside. Having just watched both of them again, From the Inside is my favourite.

They've captured chaos in the clip perfectly and when that boy screams at the end of the video and knocks everybody to the ground through a shockwave I get goosebumps. So powerful. Reminds me of the opening scene in the first X-men movie with the boy that has telekinesis :)

20. musicmae12

musicmae12 Member

Tough question! I love all of LP's music video, but I'd say the most significant music video to me is From The Inside because I can really relate to it. It was taken place during a riot and the child (Jamie, Chester's son) was abandoned by his guardian, and I feel like I am that child. Lost and abandoned in the middle of life's riot and no one to turn to. I just want to scream and say "People for once hear me!" Forgive me for sounding so dramatic, but really, that's the reason why the music video of From the Inside is significant to me. Sorry for possible grammatical errors. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.