Guitarist leaves Evanescence

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by crawlin_fan, Nov 4, 2003.

RiverJudeAlexander

RiverJudeAlexander Ambient

you never know, this might be just one tiny step towards achieving a great band. it has happened before to plenty of bands and not always with a negative result. and plus, change is never bad, even if it makes things worse... that doesn't really make sense. so i shall stop now. yes.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

That was...well, interesting. Ben was a great guitarist, but on the bright side of things, since Evanescence is so big now, they can probably get someone even better.

Okay, I have a theory.

There's a cult. It was created by Wes Borland, and he's brainwashing nu-metal/modern rock guitarists one at a time to be his minions...And soon, once their numbers have grown, they plan to start a revolution and TAKE OVER THE WORLD! WE HAVE TO STOP THEM!

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

It's the big guy. You can't miss him!

Well, Ben was everyhting. All Evanescence had was Amy's voice and his song writing.
    And, actually, Evanescence are these two ppl. Just check the "Fallen" booklet.
    :( I'll miss them... or not! :lol:

crawlin_fan

crawlin_fan Well-Known Member

I too, found it shocking. I'm not particularly keen on Evanescence but I appreciate Amy's talent. I was under the impression that the band WAS Amy and Ben and and they seemed pretty tight.

Wonder what went wrong.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

the guy that does the stage dive in the going under video?

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

the very same

Taylor Hewitt

Taylor Hewitt Well-Known Member

I like that band. I was wondering what their next album would of been like, but I guess I won't know now because it might not happen ^_^

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

man that sux bad, the band although really good, i didnt really care for them all that much, they had huge potential, and amy is very talented, my sis is a big fan of them, she will be crushed when she gets the news :( but with me, the going under and bring me to life are really the only great songs, all other are ok, i was really looking forard to their album to see were they take it.....darn maybe they can get a killer tight guitarist like p.o.d did, their new one is better than macros

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No guy stage-dives in the "Going Under" video. Amy does.

Evanescence is not broken up. They have a replacement guitarist playing for them on their European tour, and unless Ben comes back, he'll play with them on their US tour as well.

I'm sure there's a reason why he left so abruptly, but who can say for certain? Until we hear something from Ben himself, there's no reason to believe that he's completely broken away from Evanescence.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Evanescence is not broken up. They have a replacement guitarist playing for them on their European tour, and unless Ben comes back, he'll play with them on their US tour as well.

I'm sure there's a reason why he left so abruptly, but who can say for certain? Until we hear something from Ben himself, there's no reason to believe that he's completely broken away from Evanescence. [/b][/quote]
    on the guitar solo part, he dives and the people hold him up, u get views of him from under the water floating on top too

Will

on the guitar solo part, he dives and the people hold him up, u get views of him from under the water floating on top too [/b][/quote]
    Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Sorry.

intheend1004

intheend1004 Well-Known Member

The apocalypse is near... soon all the good guitarist will leave the good bands and we will be left with punk-pop bands and boy bands (punk-pop bands are the same as boy bands but with instruments)

Will

So you're saying that just because you don't like them that much, you don't think they'll last?

Everyone said Linkin Park wouldn't last when Hybrid Theory came out and look at them now.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Then get into prog-rock.......

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I'm sure there's a reason why he left so abruptly, but who can say for certain? Until we hear something from Ben himself, there's no reason to believe that he's completely broken away from Evanescence. [/b][/quote]
    Who is the replacement guitarist? I think I remember reading it was John LeCompt (?).....?

Will

Who is the replacement guitarist? I think I remember reading it was John LeCompt (?).....? [/b][/quote]
    John is their second guitarist. Right now, he's playing Ben's parts and someone else came in to play John's parts.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

A.D.I.D.A.S. Banned

I dont think they'll have trouble finding a replacement, because honestly, he was'nt a very good guitarist in the first place, I can play all there songs and I don't even play the guitar, the band rely very heavily on Amy Lee's vocals, if she leaves then and only then are they in trouble.

Methybrea

Dude, the guy wrote all the songs! And I think he was one of the better guitarists in mainstream rock anyways!

Will

Dude, the guy wrote all the songs! And I think he was one of the better guitarists in mainstream rock anyways! [/b][/quote]
    He wrote the guitar and that was it, lol.

The only lyrics he wrote were "My Immortal" and "Haunted."

Josh Freese (APC) did the drums and William James Boyd, III, Esquire (I love doing that) did bass. It might not say it on the booklet, but I know for a fact that's what went down. :lol:

Methybrea

:lol:

I guess you would know better than me Will. What I was trying to say was Ben Moody was a great guitarist that they will have trouble replacing!