Limp Bizkit / Gold Cobra discussion

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Chris, Apr 14, 2010.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Limp Bizkit are back! With their new album entitled "Gold Cobra" they're going back to where they've left off with Results May Vary. A new song called "Shark Attack" was posted by Fred Durst on his Tweeter and can be listened here to see what I'm talking about. Other songs that have "leaked" are this, this and this (which really got my attention). Fred said they are finished with recording and are now mixing the record. You can now listen to one of their new songs, Why Try, on http://www.limpbizkit.com/whytry/

Fred also posted, what it looks like, the tracklisting.

The tour for this year:
    Their is no release date but LB are looking for a summer release.

Thanks to thearmpit.net

Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Really looking forward to this!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Shark Attack sounds so bad like Break Stuff, haha. Even the opening line and riff are similar. Teaser 3 sounds quite good and sounds like it could breakdown into something good. Teaser 4 (Walking Away) is really interesting. A bit different from any other LB song I've heard, should be interesting to see if those screams stay in for the final cut.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they have not evolved their sound at all since they left.

We'll have to wait and see.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

I find myself inclined to agree. Shark Attack isn't half bad though.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'm still befuddled as to why Borland would ever go back to this band, when he had a really good thing going with Black Light Burns. I used to think he was the only smart one out of the whole lot, but with his constant rejoining and leaving, I'm thinking he's an attention whore and probably needs to money. Or, maybe I'm wrong and he really loves Limp Bizkit.

But I don't know why.

I liked Limp Bizkit when I was 14. I'm almost 21 now, and I really can't see why anyone would enjoy this shit. I know I have a reputation for shitting on alot of stuff, but, c'mon... Limp Bizkit? Their older stuff is catchy and immature, which is fine, there's a time and place for that kind of music.. but to be doing the SAME SHIT almost a decade later is insulting.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Wow, this sounds really good. I'm glad they haven't tried to really go in to a new complete direction. This sound brings me back to high school, which was good times. Plus, remember Limp tried something different and it was called The Unquestionable Truth. Without question, that album was shit. They tried something new and failed, so why not go back to what made you good? As long as it's working, I don't see an issue with it. The lyrics may be immature but I highly doubt that's what their shooting for. Their music makes you want to kick someones face in, and with everything and everyone being different in sound these days, I think it's alright to still have a little bit of what they're doing in your library.

Not all bands are successful when they completely overhaul their sound. Metallica and Linkin Park quickly come to mind.

I'm excited.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

How would one describe successful?

Album sales?

Sonic

If you wanna go that route, I don't think it'll sell particularly well. Though albums are judged successful depending on how well they sell (unfortunately). For me personally, judging an album by how well it sells would be like me paying attention on how much something is played on the radio. I don't pay attention to either, I just like what I like and that's it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far, especially 'Walking Away'. I love Limp Bizkit, really excited for the new album!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I'm leaning towards good, since most people will be checking this out for a nostalgic hit than anticipation for anything groundbreaking.

Lil Wayne is catchy and immature. Lady Gaga is catchy and immature. Do they piss in your Cheerios as much as Durst does? They haven't been active for the better part of the decade, much less making the same kind of music with RMV and that Rage Against The Machine cover album abomination they made in 04. Eminem got massive praise for rehashing the same old shit during his massive "comeback", why's this so much different?

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I actually liked MTM the best out of all 3 studio albums, but I do think GC from LB won't be that great. Fred sucks at singing.

Sonic

Oh no doubt I enjoyed Minutes to Midnight as well as Metallica's St. Anger. I only brought them up because those two albums were drastically different musically for each band and they both received a lot of heat for changing their styles at the time, so that's why I brought it up.

Fred does suck at singing, but most of the time he's just "rapping" or spitting crap at the mic. :lol:

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Wonder if they'll do another cover :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Lil' Wayne is a goofy motherfucker anyways, so I expect his stuff (ESPECIALLY his mixtape material) to be goofy and immature. I don't see how Gaga's music is immature, but that's another thread. Eminem got massive praise for his rehash? Maybe in the media, but almost every review I've read online says that his schtick is old and stale now, and calling for a return to his older material from the late 90s/early 2000s. Durst pissed in my cheerios by being Fred Durst. I don't think you could find a bigger douchebag in the rock and roll community currently, bar Gene Simmons. He's sticking to a formula that makes him a ton of money and doesn't challenge his fans. Kinda like Gene Simmons.

Most people will be checking this out for nostaglia, yes. But others will buy it/preview it/steal it to see if Durst has learned ANYTHING since the Unquestionable Truth. And he hasn't. And that's a shitload of fans that he just lost. All of you old LB fans can have this album and mount it on your wall for all I care, music shouldn't be about relying on a tried and true formula. It should be about breaking new ground with each release and expanding your horizons.

I don't care about Linkin Park that much anymore, but fuck, atleast they try to switch it up on newer albums.

think i'm a fire engine

think i'm a fire engine Well-Known Member

I'm actually kinda disappointed that it isn't gonna be The Unquestionable Truth pt 2, which I actually really liked. Also, this is probly more like where they left off with Chocolate Starfish rather than Results May Vary.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

This.

Same here Luke!

Fred is kinda douche sometimes or maybe always...but there is still in him that I like. :lol:

Chris

Shark Attack sounds more like RMV than CS. It has this "Gimme The Mic" feeling to it.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I personally always thought Limp was ok. I can't stand Fred Durst as a human being but he is a pretty good frontman. He has alot of energy and is good live. I will give this a look. I mean my musical taste has changed alot and the only band that has seemed to stay in the mix for me is LP,Slipknot and 30STM. So maybe I will like it maybe I won't, time will tell

Chris

New tour dates added and omgomgomg they're coming to Amsterdam!