LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    shadow46

shadow46 New Member

hey guys how you doin??in fact I wanna ask a question about this thing....must I be an LPU member or no??

MarieShinizzle

MarieShinizzle Member

When is first heard LP i was about 9 or 10 years old.
    I heard Numb/Enocre on the radio and saw it on TV and i kinda liked it but at this time i did't become a hardcore fan.
    Over the next years i sometimes also heard LP on the radio and i also loved what i've done when it came out but one day a friend of mine came to me and gave me a copy of the shodow of the day single and that was kind of the start of my linkin park madness :D

thnks god i found linkin park..outherwise i think i would't exist anymore xD

LPUUsername: MarieShinizzle

ConnerzAndMrSlushy

ConnerzAndMrSlushy New Member

The first time i heard linkin Park was in 2007 and it was Numb Encore. After listening to that i decided i really liked the singers voice and checked out Numb, took it from there and now i only regret not hearing of them sooner.

My LPU name is ConnerzAndMrSlushy

^^ see the theme ;D

Skills20

Skills20 New Member

the first time I heard Linkin Park I was 11 years old, in my bedroom on MTV... was One Step Closer video. I was just mesmerized seeing chester singing upside down... Like a month later a friend of mine bought Hybrid Theory CD. We heard it together and we were screamin' their songs all day long until we got without voices

LPU Name: Skills20

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes. This contest is meant to get people to sign up for LPU. You really should, it's worth it and the CD this year is awesome.

lparcshinoda

lparcshinoda Member

My first time ... It was mid 2001. I was watching TV in the lounge and the advertising kept telling me about "a new american rock band called Linkin Park" so I idly watched Papercut video: << ahaha those really are UGLY pants !! and look at the dumb haircut !! ahah >> I was yelling to my brother << the song is not bad but ... the band is TERRIBLE >> ... 3-4 months later I already knew all the songs in Hybrid Theory by heart and kept singing them ... till now :) a strange case of "love at 2nd sight"

LPU name: lparcdevil

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    arielcahen

arielcahen New Member

The first time I heard a LP song was in the very beginning of 2001. I was (and still am) a huge fan of the Dragonball series and I had this buddy at school (Renan) who kept telling me about "this new band" and how their music was "amazing". A week later or so, I was on the internet looking for dragonball videos at the time's P2P software (not sure if it was Napster), and found a music video with scenes of the anime. I decided to download it, just so I could finally tell this friend of mine I had listened to the "amazing new band" and that he could shut up about it already. The song was Forgotten, and I fell in love with the band's sound. By the night, I had the whole record in my computer.

LPU name: ArielCahen

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Super_Nani

Super_Nani Member

The first time i have heard LP music was in school and we have a break.
    My best friend have a new mobilephone and new song.
    She played one... i think it was the best music i ever heard and ask here how the song is called.
    It was numb... my first LP song... since then i be in love with LP.

Username: Super_Nani

Cristiana

Cristiana New Member

My 1st experience about the guys:I was in my mid20years(I'm 35 now:blush:) and I've seen the In The End video...to be honest...I didn't like the song:( Then I've heard(and seen) One Step Closer,Papercut...and it was love.And when they released Meteora and I've heard NUMB...it was FULL love:) They're awesome.
    LPU username:Cristiana

Tassia

Tassia Member

I was in school, 2002, 14YO. A friend was talking about her favorite band "Linkin Park" and I was like “wth this name for a band?” and then I saw as she asked our TOP 10 MTV Brazil the “In the End” music video and was like love at first sight. Since then i’m looking for news about the band, and every time having more and more proud to be a fan of them

LPU username: Tassia

Jacrid

Jacrid New Member

To be honest, at first I didn't like Linkin Park at all. Seriously! When I heard One Step Closer the first time I was like "What the hell is wrong with those guys!?" (I'd been only listening to pop music before I knew LP). It was a TV commercial of my favorite music store. I'm glad I didn't trust my first impression then.

damlacamur

damlacamur New Member

The first time I listened LP was in 2004. These times all music channels played LP ft. Jay-Z - Numb/Encore. When i heard this song on TV, i was opening TV sound to the end and i was just jumped and danced all around. I didn't even know LP, I only listened pop musics LOL. Then when i went to high school my friend listened to me Numb by Linkin Park. I said her that ''I know that song somewhere.'' Then i listened Crawling, In the End, Somewhere I Belong .. all the hits by Linkin Park and i like LP so much. My friend made a CD include all LP songs. I saw in CD that Numb-Encore. As I said, I didn't know the song's name when i first listened the song on TV but when i listened i understand that where i know Numb from. Then i watched their clips, funny videos, live performances (when i watched A place for my Head - Live in Texas I was about to cry. LOL) So, then i becomed hardocore LP fan. When i bought their cds i saw that all cds include that LPUnderground papers. I searched in internet what is that LPU? I leanerd that LPU is offical site of LP. Then I becomed a member of LPU. The chance to meet with group members was enthralled me. But it was so sad, LP didn't come here until 2009. In 2009 I went my first LP concert and joined to M&G. I met with Mike and Phoenix. Thanks LPU for gave to me the best opportunity in my life !!! :) And i want to share with you what we did with the friend who listened to me numb in high school in our first LP concert. here the screen capture's link : http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._301690143475_573658475_3377967_6821911_n.jpg

P.S. I'm really so sorry about my bad English.
    My underground name : spikeshinnizle_93

grieverhart

grieverhart Member

Ahh i can remember it perfect...MTV..channel 85..around in the night when they ACTUALly played videos..it was crawling..heard the sink/intro sound effects by joe n fell in love right there! was just a matter of time until i found out about papercut and one step closer n i was hooked..Ahh lovely night!!! LPU 4 EVER!!!

LPU name: grieverhart

Junior

Junior New Member

When i heard LP first time I was 13 years old. I saw One Step Closer's video clip on MTV. I like them and keep them. They release second album and i bought it. It was perfect like first one.

Junior_Chester

lpfmfan

lpfmfan On My Own

Well the first time I heard LP was probably on the radio, in the car (my mom was driving me and my cousin to my aunt's business I think), at the time my cousin was "in charge" of the radio, so when "One Step Closer" came on he turned up the volume. To be honest I didn't really like it that much, it was ok (at the time I didn't really listen to rock, just hip hop, lol!) then I asked him what band it was and he said "Linkin Park". Then later (not really sure how much later) I saw the In The End music video on TV and I LOVED it.

LPU username: Linkin_Park_Fan809

JShomp24

JShomp24 New Member

First time I heard LP was on MTV, they were playing the One Step Closer music video. I was probably 11 or 12 years old at the time. A few months later my brother got the Hybrid Theory album as a gift and I promptly stole it from him XD

LPU username: lp4evr24

NorCalLPFan

NorCalLPFan New Member

I remember the 1st time I heard Linkin Park was right after Hybrid Theory came out. I was working at a new Radio Shack and we were just putting the store together. My boss at the time would play random rock albums to help pass the time. I wasn't huge into rock at the time, but when he played Hybrid Theory I was like WOW, this is different than anything I have ever heard. Since than I have been hooked. I love how LP has evolved from Hybrid Theory to Meteora to Minutes to Midnight. I'm glad LP keeps it fresh and trys to reinvent themselves with every album. Can't wait for the new one.

LPU USERNAME: WORLDSGREATESTROCKBANDLP

krayzieish

krayzieish New Member

First time I heard Linkin Park was 2000. I was driving somewhere along the 405 in Socal and "One Step Closer" came on the radio. Loved it - it killed! Everything that's followed since has kept me hooked.

LPU username: krayzieish

allucha

allucha New Member

The first time I got introduced to Linkin Park, I wasn't hearing, I was watching. It was the In the End video, and it blew me away... in a way. I loved the video, and the song was kinda awesome too. And slowly but surely, the obsessionlike of Linkin Park began.

LPU: allucha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.