LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LPA and LP Underground have teamed up to bring you today’s LPU March Madness giveaway! To be considered for today’s giveaway, leave a comment in the replies telling us in 250 words or less about the first time you ever heard Linkin Park! Where were you? What song was it? Who told you about Linkin Park? Be sure to leave your LPU username in your comment as well as only LPU members are eligible! After 24 hours, we’ll randomly choose an LPU member to receive an original and RARE Hybrid Theory t-shirt and the LPU 1.0 Hybrid Theory EP. Yes, Hybrid Theory THE BAND, not the Linkin Park album!

Note, this is open to ALL LPU members (you too, international people!), also the shirt is only available in XL.

You must also be a member of the LPAssociation Forums to submit a comment, so sign up today!

THE WINNER IS: INPIECES3! CONGRATULATIONS!

*NOTE* If you are having any trouble activating your account on the forums (or if you haven't gotten an activation email) do not panic! Just simply contact us via the form at the top of our page...or even better, post a shout
    on the shoutbox stating your issue (as even non activated members can do that) and you will be activated immediately. Thanks!

*EDIT* Note from Derek:
    The response to this contest has been incredible. Please take a moment to read our thank you for entering this contest here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30575&goto=newpost#post930935

Aiman

Aiman New Member

The first time I heard LP was when I was in 4th grade. It was around the time HT came out. My friend had their CD and he used to let me listen to it on the bus. We used to pick out our favorite songs. Good times :)

LPU name: Aiman

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Thanks to Derek and the LPA team for working with us on this today!

MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE YOUR LPU USERNAME IN YOUR COMMENT!!

I guess I'll also post my LP story. I don't remember the FIRST time I ever heard Linkin Park, but one memory that stands out for me is the summer after my senior year of high school in 2002. I remember driving around with my friends and hearing "In The End" on the radio all the time. Still brings back memories of that summer whenever I hear that song!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Derek

You're welcome Adam. I think the prizes are incredible. Big up to Mike/Management for clearing out their 'closets' and finding these awesome rarities. We appreciate it!

BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

When I first heard LP? Hm. let me think I was like 10 years old and watch a german music channel on TV when I first saw the In The End video. But I started listening to LP when I was about 12 and first saw the Somewhere I Belong music video on the same channel I think. After this I bought their CD and a new Linkin Park addict was born. Short.. but true ^^

BTW my LPU Username is BlackChester =D

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

I was like 10 years old when I heard my first LP song, it was Breaking the Habit. I was watching a Runescape video on YouTube :)
    Immediately searched for other songs from LP, and have been a fan ever since :D I can't wait for their new album and 8-bit Rebellion game btw.

My LPU username is: VorteX

Williamlp

Williamlp New Member

I'Ve been an lpu member for 2 years now and i got to say those years have been amazing,the first song was breaking the habit and it was 4-5 years ago:) so thanx LP for your one of a kind music!!! thanx!!
    LPU USERNAME: Williamlp

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Vraaaa

Vraaaa New Member

A friend of mine sent me 'With You' , because he said that that song reminded him of me! Since then, I love Linkin Park.
    LPU name: Vraaaa

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

It was either March or April of 2001, and I was pregnant with my daughter. One afternoon One Step Closer came on tv, and she started kicking me like crazy, and then stopped when the song ended. I guess she liked it.

my LPU user name is jennifercoon

EvoOba

EvoOba New Member

Well it all started back in '99 when I was 6 years old. My dad was a hardcore LP fan since the begging so I grew up with their music. Years later, in 2003 to be specific, on March 25th (Meteora release) it's my name's day so my dad figured to buy me Meteora as a gift. When he gave it to me I was pretty excited about it and I got to listen to it immidiatetly. After listening to the whole album a specific song stuck in my ming. It was Numb. I couldnt believe a song could actually represent through it's lyrics who I was. It was like Numb was written for me! After that I asked my dad to tell me about them all he knew and he also gave me Hybrud Theory. Since that day I'm a hardcore LP fan. That song changed my life completly! I owe these guys my life^^

LPU username: EvoOba

DXIC

DXIC New Member

The first time I heard about the LP from my friends. When standing in the store and saw them, I bought a cassette to listen to what this group. That was in 2003. When I came home I heard the first song from the album Meteora. 01. Foreword +02. Don't Stay it sounded like one song. Then I started to get involved in a LP. Entry into LPU and started collecting CD LP. I would be grateful for this award because I lack it in my collection.

LPU name: DXIC.

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

I was about 12 years old. It was in 2003 when my brother played Meteora in his room next to mine. I heard Somewhere I Belong trough the closed door and I liked it!
    A few days later I heard In the End and this was the song that got me into LP. I played/heard it more than any other song in my life. A few weeks later LIT came out and I watched the DVD with my brother. It was amazing! After that I was infected ;)

LPU username: wiiesel

Derek

I just wanna give a BIG welcome to all of our new members who have signed up as a result of this contest. Feel free to post a "hello" thread in Newbie Camp, and get involved in other discussions on these forums. We want you guys to get involved! :).

Keep posting on LPA. This isn't the last giveaway we'll be doing this year. I guarantee you. We're planning to make Spring/Summer very busy ;).

Fanlinkinpark02

Fanlinkinpark02 New Member

The first time I heard LP was in 2003, it was Breaking The Habit, someone gave me CD to listen it and I was totally fall in love of their music, I began to buy all CDs, DVDs, books and EVERYTHING and now I'm a huge huge fan of them :)

LPU username: Fanlinkinpark02

ACDalgaard

ACDalgaard New Member

I first heard Linkin Park when I got Meteora as a gift. I immediately got hooked on the album - the creative sound was more inspiring and the emotional far deeper than most of the music I listened to at the time (I listened to a lot of boybands, ha!). For a couple of years, that was it. Then I got a depression, and after some time I re-discovered the album and wanted more. The music expressed what I felt inside, and I didn't feel so alone anymore. Other people had felt what I was feeling and lived through it, and that gave me hope. That's when I truly became a fan - and I've been obsessed since.

LPU username: ACDalgaard

Cakers

Cakers New Member

I was in the 6th grade I believe (21 years old now.) Didn't listen to any rock really, but was watching an "AMV" video on my friends computer. It was a DBZ video with the song "A Place for my Head" on it. I watched the credits to find out the song, made my mom buy the CD and have been hooked since. Not only did it make LP my favorite band but it converted me to rock forever.

LPU Username: Cakers

Lord_Dragon

Lord_Dragon Member

The first song I've heard from Linkin Park was Breaking the Habit on New Year's Eve 2004.
    I'm LPU member since last year and my LPU name is: Lord_Dragon

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Believe it or not.. I first heard LP on a school visit to trip to Lourdes (France) on a religious trip to help out in whatever way we could. My friend played 'Crawling' from this new CD called Hybrid Theory. I must be brutally honest I didn't take to it straight away, but I loved the opening hook! She played In The End for me and that was that.. here we are in 2010 and I'm still a huge fan!
    Do you know how hard it was to find a copy of HT in Lourdes, France? Let me tell you, near enough impossible! but I managed to find a copy :)

LPU User name: JayJay87

PS I was lucky enough to meet LP (through the LPU.. and I got my FTI book signed back in 08'! http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr217/JJ_sway/DSC_0077.jpg) my pride and joy

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    michelleicious74

michelleicious74 New Member

My first experience was hearing LP on the radio. Hybrid Theory was "revolutionary" for the time. I fell in love, to say the least! I have most of the singles as well as all 9 of the LP undreground CD's. LP has gotten me through some rough times these past few years, and I look forward to many more years of the LP music. LP is and always will be the BEST rock band ever! Thanks for the incredible music!

LPU username: michelleicious74

sky0fdust

sky0fdust Well-Known Member

The first time I've ever heard Linkin Park was back in 2000, my good friend Holly(the same friend who introduced me to Linkin Park), had Hybrid Theory playing in her car while we we driving down to the beach and the song playing was With You. Ever since then, it's been nothing but love for Linkin Park. They truly are a unique bunch of individuals.

LPU Username: ShadyCro25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.