LPA Presents: The Rosewood Fall Stereo Left/Right Tracklist and Song Meanings

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As many of you might recall, back in June 2009 of this year, we here at The Linkin Park Association were given the exclusive opportunity; to host the entire discography of The Rosewood Fall as sent to us by former TRF member Jim Roach.

To recap, (quoting the original post directly): "The Rosewood Fall were signed to Linkin Park's "Machine Shop Records" label after band member Dave Farrell got a hold of the demo from one of The Rosewood Fall band mates (who he had known from his former band The Snax). Dave presented the demo to his band mates, and The Rosewood Fall were later signed to the band's label. Under their MSM contract they released a short EP titled "Demonstrate" as well as "Stereo: Right/Left" a double disc set that included all of their collective works to date, including demos, live tracks and previously unreleased songs."

After the release of this exclusive, many fans begged us to contact Jim and see if we could not only get a full tracklisting of Stereo Right/Left but also perhaps some insight as to how the tracks came about and what the lyrics actually meant.

Well, it may have taken a bit longer than we had hoped, but the LPA have finally come through on our promise to provide you all with the information you've been requesting. Enclosed on the following link is inside information from the band members themselves, as well as tracklistings to help you organize the songs to fit the original release. Enjoy!

Thanks to Jim Roach as well as Ash for their help in retrieving this information!

Click here to read the song meanings and tracklisting

Click here to download the FULL discography (forum login required)

projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

Thanks for the follow up guys :)

Dying for any album art though

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This is awesome. Thanks guys. You're the best. :)

Derek

I have deleted all the nastiness from this thread. No need for it.

Mad props to LPLive for being so awesome and taking care of the problem. You guys are great. :)

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

Look, I'm sorry if I made it look like I was taking credit for those downloads. That was unintended. I also had no idea he was giving you this information as well. However, I'd appreciate it if you would either give some credit for this, as I apparently should have done for you over on LPL, or make it clear that this is not an LPA exclusive.

Thank you.

Ash

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

We never claimed this information was an exclusive. What Derek did say, and is correct in saying this, is the TRF discography we made available for download earlier this year are an LPA exclusive and you give us no credit for that on LPL.

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

I wasn't trying to make it seem like it belonged to anyone that it didn't. I thought it would be a good idea to post a link so that people who hadn't heard of TRF could learn about them. It didn't occur to me at the time to give credit, I just wanted to post that information.

Derek

Todd is right. In fact I went out of my way to not word the title as exclusive because this information was printed in the CD liners when Stereo Left/Right was released. It's not exclusive, it's just until now it wasn't available on the internet.

And you may have asked for the information, but as the time stamps show..it was posted on this site first. Late evening of last night actually, yours was in the morning. Therefore, we had good reason to be a little upset. LP/LP-related news is hard to come across nowadays, so when we get something we're proud of...and see someone post it somewhere else with no credit for the downloads (except for a link. no "thanks to lpassociation" or anything) it's easy to get upset. Especially when you're un-aware that the person had asked for it too.

But we've established that. I've already said it was a misunderstanding. However; I do not see the point in thanking you for the news post when this was posted before you, you did not send us the information yourself, and in theory I did ask Jim first (not you) as he wrote me back in July saying he'd get it to me within a few weeks.

A few weeks became a few months, but Jim is a busy guy. He's also a very good guy and would not want LP fans arguing like this.

If we're going to argue semantics, the media was an exclusive to LPA and you didn't credit us. We also asked for the information first back in July, although it wasn't until this week that it became available.

It's all a pissing match though and I'm not going to let it become that. It's done. Over with. Finished.

Let's stop it.

**EDIT** Okay here's the deal, I am going to make it very clear that I am not happy that I have to do this. However, in the interest of doing the right thing (despite having asked Jim for it first back in July), I will put your name in the news post.

I do not want to, seeing as we posted this way before you, however I am done arguing. If this is what it takes to be civil and bury the hatchet, consider it done.

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

That was entirely unnecessary. But seeing as you have, I will also give you credit.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

When I get the the download page after logging in, I see:

Acoustic And Rare
    Big Bear Demos
    Demonstrate
    January EP
    Machine Shop Demos
    November Demos
    September Demos
    The Red Disaster

Which one is Stereo Left & Stero Right in? I'm a little confused.

Derek

They're all in there, in the different folders. You see, what Jim allowed us to do was look at his MacDrive (or whatever you call it) so we named it as the folders said. I recommend downloading all and then sorting :).

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Gotcha. Thanks.

Black Pleather Beanbag

Black Pleather Beanbag Member

Is it me or is "God Bless", "Below Your Window", "Come On and Rise " and "I Flood" nowhere to be found among any of the downloads?

Derek

Might've been my mistake or even Jim's mistake, I'll get that taken care of ASAP.

*EDIT* Wrote Jim. We'll have the songs soon I believe.

Black Pleather Beanbag

Black Pleather Beanbag Member

Thanks!:)

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

Hi, I'd like to offer these two covers for download here, as long as I receive credit (As Ash, not Ashwhisker) , I think it's useful for anyone downloading other TRF stuff:

(demonstrate (good quality) - http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=wrj5zrmyoh2

and Stereo l/r (bad quality) - http://www.mediafire.co/imageview.php?quickkey=zm02mmcnjm3)

It'd be nice to have these up in the OP so that people see them.
    These covers are brought to you by Ash, do not post elsewhere without giving credit.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
    projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

There is a skip at 1:47 in Pictures Of Faultlines, which is a shame because its my favourite, is there any possibility of an intact version? Or someone with audio skills haha

Ashwhisker

Ashwhisker Member

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

So I guess the full discography isn't yet complete... good to see new songs that were looked over!

Derek

We got these mp3s from Jim, direct from his mac. There was an apparent mistake when the songs were put up, and a few songs were (unintentionally) left off of the download. Not looked over, just accidentally left off.

Either way, thank you Ash for providing the links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.