Official Muse/The Resistance Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 15, 2008.

1. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

First off, happy 100th post, Muse thread!

Secondly, rumours have been going around that the new album will be called "Shiver". It's just a rumour, but it's given some weight because Muse management have asked for the removal of it from the websites that have it listed. It also fits with the pattern of album titles, where every second release is one word (also, at this rate the release after this one should be 5 words long). So, take it with a grain of salt, but still, could happen.

2. Entirely Liquid

Entirely Liquid New Member

I completely agree!:D
    I hadn't known about new album. Now i'll be awaiting of it and Rammstein as well :D

3. The_Cool_Cow

Nothing big right now, but the band posted a couple new pictures on Twitter. They're just of the band mixing/recording things. Oddly enough, one of the mixing stations has a piece of tape on it with the sentence "The Buke Of Dom's Cockminster Is Sacked" on it. Since Muse fans are kinda strange, there are a few 7+ page threads on Muselive and muse.mu that are trying to figure out how to rearrange the letters to get...something, I guess. I don't know. Doubtful that anything will turn up, but Muse has done this kind of thing before, so i'll keep you posted. Here's the link to the Muse twitter:

www.twitter.com/musewire

Also, there's gonna be a UK tour this fall, it's official, though i'm not sure where they're playing. Other than that, things have been oddly quiet, which means either:

a) Nothings happening with the album.

or

b) They're too busy working to post stuff.

Hopefully it's b.

4. lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

I just want to see them again live darn it! :D

5. The_Cool_Cow

There's been a significant drop in responses-per-news-post. Granted, nothing much has happened lately, but still, even if you just want to say something about the band in general feel free. Consider this the official Muse thread with some news sprinkled in.

Now onto more pictures from Twitter!

First is "Rock Viola":

[​IMG]

Second is "Score in Milan":

[​IMG]

Both seem to be pointing to some orchestral tracks, and some people have flipped over the second picture and the name of the score seems to be "United States of Eurasia". It's a little too blurry to tell, but perhaps it's the name of the new song (maybe even the symphonic monster?). Pretty neat to see how much scoring they're doing.

Anyway, comment away, hopefully :lol:.

6. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Can't see the pics. : [

7. The_Cool_Cow

The first one is appearing on my computer, not sure whats going on with the second one. Here's the twitter:

www.twitter.com/musewire

The pictures are labeled "Rock Viola" and "Score In Milan".

8. The_Cool_Cow

Holy crap, ACTUAL news. The band surprisingly just released the title of the album today. The 5th Muse album is to be titled "The Resistance", and one of the tracks is, indeed, called "United States of Eurasia".

Eh, not too keen on the title. Kinda generic. Doesn't pop out in the same way that Origin Of Symmetry and Black Holes and Revelations do. Still, i'm not gonna judge an album based on title. Also, United States of Eurasia could be cool. The title is kinda neat. Didn't like it at first, but now i've warmed up to it for some reason.

9. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's finally coming together. I'm getting more excited.

10. The_Cool_Cow

Dom just posted a MySpace blog saying that the album is in the mixing stage and should be out in a few months. Woot

11. The_Cool_Cow

How did we get actual, real important news and only one reply? :lol:

Well, whatever, this isn't really news, but I forgot to update that Muse is starting their UK/Europe tour this fall. The dates are already sold out (they sold out in minutes), but there's eBay I suppose. Sorry about that :lol:.

Also, that might have just been the UK tickets, for other places the tickets may not even have gone on sale yet.

12. The_Cool_Cow

And, the disc is finished:

Hi,

So, I think,,, we've actually finished the album. Its all mixed so we are just listening to it a lot to really make sure its done but we seem to be agreeing it is.
    It sounds f**king great and is my favorite album by far, but the new ones always are.!
    September is hopefully the month of kick off but there are still lots of things to get together before then. Like learning how to play these songs live for one.. That should take a while!

Just want to say thanks to everyone who bought tickets for the tour in the autumn. We are immensely looking forward to it but also can only apologize for some idiot touts that are selling tickets for £200 - £600 in certain places. Obviously this has nothing to do with the band and not something we condone at all. We can try our best to try and prevent this but as you can imagine its quite hard. All our tickets are a fixed price and spending more than that is not something we expect. But keep posted as some more tickets for some shows may get released later down the line.

Anyway, see you guys soon,

Dom.

Come reply people, I like replies :lol:.

13. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hell yes, September can't come soon enough. It sounds like some awesome orchestral monster, I just hope the guitar influence is still there.

14. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

This has me VERY excited.

15. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

just read a news piece that said Muse announced that The Resistance will be out September 14th

16. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I didn't wanna double post but my anticipation for this is through the roof! I'm calling record of the year.

17. The_Cool_Cow

I don't know, it has pretty strong competition in Merriweather Post Pavillion (in my opinion), and Flaming Lips' double album may be awesome. Still, if anything could best those, it's this.

18. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

New Maudlin Of The Well is fifty times better than Animal Collective. That's only my opinion of course.

New Muse could be alright i guess.

19. The_Cool_Cow

So, some real news, and some unofficial news.

First, i've started up a Muse SongBlog, which has gotten great reception from muse.mu and muselive, so i'm posting the link here:

riffsandjams.wordpress.com

Basically, a song blog is a blog where each post pertains to a song. I write a post for each track, then the comments section serves as just some discussion for it. It's pretty fun, so any Muse fans should go down there and comment:D!

Anyway, onto actual news, a magazine just published an article on the Resistance. Since I don't know how to get the imbedded picture into this thread, i'll just outline the important points:

- Contrary to what we thought, the album is NOT incredibly orchestral. The only real orchestral song is the 12 minute finale, which is split into three 4 minute tracks.

- One song (not part of the symphonic monster) is played on organ.

- Llama toenails are making a comeback on The Resistance, oddly enough.

- Due to the above information, i'm pretty sure that Unites States Of Eurasia is one of the tracks for the symphonic monster.

- Adrian Bushby is engineering, Spike Stent is producing. Apparently it sounds "fresh, fat, and aggro".

- The band are working faster this time instead of labouring over every detail like they did with BHaR.

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Muse are becoming one of those bands that I probably don't listen to as much as I should. I need to get on that.