Smile Empty Soul

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by LinkinTheory, Oct 14, 2003.

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Here's an album review for a new band, or at least, fairly new band's self title debut:

1. Bottom of a Bottle- Their single, a very good song (9/10)
    2. Silhouettes- A very deep song about a not wanting to be the same as your parents, or to have their mistakes (9/10)*also their next single*
    3. Nowhere Kids- A real rock song, fairly good, but not my favorite (8/10)
    4. This is War- This is indeed the most whacked out, or at least second most messed up track on the album. It's supposed to be an anti-war song, and I guess it kind of is, but it's more of a just a war song. It has a few of the most original lines ever in it(e.g. "I'll blow your ####### head off, for my country)
    5. Therapy- This is a fairly good song, nothing really stands out about it, in my mind (7/10)
    6. For You- Probably the love song of the track, as it speaks of dying for someone else. It's pretty good, although it's a bit soft. (7/10)
    7. Your Way- Personally one of my favorites, it's all about doing things the way you want to do it, and not like someone who is a total #######. It's one of the best of the album (9/10)
    8. The Other Side- This song is the mood swinger of the bunch. It's starts out fairly calm, and then at the end it's alot of screaming, which creates quite an effect on the listener (8/10)
    9.Every Sunday- Some might be a bit offended by this track, especially the religious because it kind of says that just cause you go to church doesn't make you a good person. I personally like the song cause it tells the complete truth (so sue me) (8/10)
    10. With This Knife- Kind of the ballad of the bunch, it's a softer song about opening up to someone you are in a relationship with and then getting tossed out like a used tissue. This song is pretty good, but the ending is really stupid, so I'll have to lower the rating (8/10)
    11. Radio In a Hole- VERY ANNOYING song, this song really sucks ass. It just doesn't seem to fit into the mix, definately the worst song on the album (3/10)
    12. All My Problems- This is my absolute favorite song. It's about just telling people to #### off, that they're not part of your problems. It's the greatest song on the album (10/10)
    13. I Want My Life- An acoustic song, this is a good track. It's also against war, but it's anti a lot of other stuff to, and it's got a few elements of happiness in it too. A great track. (9/10)
    14. Eraser- This is an awesome rock song, one of my favorite songs on the CD (9/10)

I guess I'd have to give the album a (9/10), because even though it is a great album, they chose a few songs that didn't quite fit in perfectly and the songs don't seem to be placed on there with any rhyme or reason.

lyingfromyou

lyingfromyou Banned

i got their cd......totally trash to me. i only like bottom of bottle, your way, eraser. NOWHERE KID IS THEIR 2nd single.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Okay, that's it.

I'm going to give you a warning. All I ever see you do is talk about how bad this band or how bad that band sucks. I'm pretty sick of it, to be honest.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I agree with you. It's a good album. Radio In A Hole is alright, it's not that annoying. Smile Empty Soul are great.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I love Silhouettes. That's my favorite SES song of all time. ^_^

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I've had their cd for a while. It's a great album.

Simile Empty Soul is awesome, I love there whole cd and Silhouettes is one of the best song I have ever heard along with This is War, in short Smile Empty Soul are just great

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

"You're the ones that kill your babies
    you're the ones that f*ck your kids
    you're the ones that throw each other away
    you're the ones sitting in church every sunday"

I've never heard SES before, but if they convey message in a song that Christians are murderers and inbreeders, then they must be assholes. Thats just insulting! :wth:

lyingfromyou

lyingfromyou Banned

lol odaton, their lyrics are mean ...yes will.......smile empty soul sucks....im not trying this band sucks this band not....im just telling those teenybopper band sucks

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Warnings are meant to make people stop what they're doing. Refusal to stop doing whatever you were warned for will get you extra warnings. Respect others' musical tastes and opinions.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The song is about how people are hypocrites. They go out and tell you not to do something and then they turn around and do it. It's not bashing Christians or any faith, just the hypocrites. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The song is about how people are hypocrites. They go out and tell you not to do something and then they turn around and do it. It's not bashing Christians or any faith, just the hypocrites. :) [/b][/quote]
    Yes, exactly. Then in the last line they're saying "how can you bring yourself to go to church when you've disobeyed what you've been brought up to believe in?"

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Okay guys thanks for the clarification!

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

SES are indeed one of the better bands out there today...I like Every Sunday and Silhouettes myself

BadAngel

BadAngel Well-Known Member

lyingfromyou

lyingfromyou Banned

they are coming to my town again .....too bad they suck now im not going.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

If you think the band sucks why do you INSIST on posting 3 times in a thread about them? Everyone knows you do not care for Smile Empty Soul so just cut out the bashing now.

-Bryan