When do you think LP will stop writing music for good?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpxerotheoryfan, Jul 18, 2008.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I'd never want this to happen because they are such a good band, but when do you all think linkin park will stop touring, and stop writing music. It's bound to happen someday since they are all getting older. :unsure:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, the members will probably write music for the rest of their lives. If you're a songwriter, that always stays with you. How long they'll write as Linkin Park is anybody's guess though.

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

Like Dr.Octagonapus said. Writing music is something that will, indeed stay with you forever.

To answer you question; well, it has to happen sometime or the other, doesn't it? Nobody knows how or when; it could happen after one year; it could happen after twenty years; but it has to happen some time or the other and there isn't much need anticipating that day ;)

Gage

Gage Well-Known Member

As they're extremely popular globally, and of course writing music is their job, I cannot see LP stop writing music and performing. Of course if a member was to become deathly, or temporarily ill, or perhaps disabled due to an accident, even then LP would find a replacement.

KingSimba pointed out, however they could quite in the following year, 10-20 years down the road, you just NEVER know. It could happen when you least expect it.

Personally I don't think that would happen. Music IS their life (of course maintaining a balance between music and personal lives). Shouldn't be anytime soon.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

20 years

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

5 or 10 more years would be about right. Not sure I could maintain the same level of intensity as I feel about them for 20 more years. And, I dont want them breaking up too early and try some stupid reunion tour BS like all the 80s bands have been doing recently.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

i say it's gunna be this album and another one after it .. or maybe two, but not more!!

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

Seriously, do you guys WANT it to happen? >/ Knock it off with the time-guessing and 'definitely not more than that'! Sheesh, and you call yourself Linkin Park fans...like I said, anything can happen, and there isn't any need to wait and worry about the day they break up.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

you know wut man, ya got a point .. it's too depressin to think bout ..

but i was just sayin wut i felt most likely to happen, no need to be all "sheeesh" bout it ;) we all of course wish they'd never stop, but it IS gunna happen someday! .. am just sayin ..!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

:\ It's just speculation.

I think they'll probably peak on their next album or the one after, if they get that far. It's harder to speculate about whether they'll last as Linkin Park past that.