Got Something You Want To Let Out Part 2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

My boyfriend's first love died a few years ago as well. Sometimes I feel like he still feels for her, but I don't bring it up because a) it's a sensitive subject and b)I don't want to start a fight. Those things, I feel, are best left alone.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

People will always feel for their first love Rachel, whether they are dead or alive. It's just a proven fact.

What you should understand though is that you are what matters the most to Jay now in his life, and that existing feelings or not...you are the one he truly cares about the most. :)

3. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What he said.

4. Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Oh it wasn't his first love. That would be Tina, but he hates her.

No, it was more he never got his closure because right after they broke up mutually, she started dating Ben and he started dating me. Ben was the one driving the car when she got into the accident.

He never got the closure. And I feel bad for bringing it up, but when you're upset, you say a lot of shit you don't mean.

But whatever, it's over and done with, and I understand why he feels that way, but it was more of a "well, shit, I'll never measure up, so what's the point" than a "OMG YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH YOUR DEAD BEST FRIEND" type of comment anyways.

5. Derek

The fact is she is no longer living, and there's no way he could ever leave you for her, so instead of focusing on how much you believe you'll never live up to her you should instead focus on you and Jay because that's all that really matters at this point in time.

That above paragraph wasn't meant to sound harsh either, I'm just saying...if someone I used to love or be with died; irregardless of whether we ended on a good or bad note, it would affect me just as bad as it affects Jay because that's someone I used to open my heart for. A former (or current) best friend if you will.

It's not easy ever dealing with the death of someone you used to know, and again...while I don't mean to sound harsh or criticize, thinking about how you wont measure up is being somewhat selfish and it's why you need to just forget about what happened, and focus on making your relationship with him the best it can be.

You only get one chance to be with someone sometimes, don't mess it up on things like this that you may find yourself regretting down the road. Please, I'm just being honest.

6. Rachel

Well, we're fine now, but it was just a "well, shit, I'm never gonna measure up" because he had left me for another chick at one point, and it had happened with both of my other exes as well, that I didn't measure up to another girl.

I was just aggravated. I understand he can't leave me for Brittany. Like I said, it's over and done with, it was just frustrating to think that there was something more appealing about someone who isn't alive anymore than someone who is right in front of him, that's all.

7. Derek

But while you may assume that Brittany was more appealing to him, you can't be sure that this is really the case.

He may just always be hurting that someone he used to be closed to died in such a tragic way. It's impossible for you or I to know what he is feeling without having it actually happen to the both of us, which I hope for our sake we never have to worry about.

8. Rachel

Exactly.

On an unrelated note, but still something I have to let out:

I really hope I get this job. I need the money so bad.

9. Derek

Good luck! My friend Lauren just got a job where I work at. Considering how hard it is for people to get in there, I'm very proud of her :).

10. miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

I agree....
    understand that it's just hard for him to realize she's gone...believe me, it's like one day she's on the phone talking to you and on the other day they call you that they're gonna put her into a grave....
    anyways i'm glad you two made up...

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Who'd have thought it. I'm now completely fine with someone who I used to consider pure scum and hated more than anyone. I must be growing up. :lol:

But seriously I'm proud that I can accept that holding a fued benefits no one. I'm glad I can get past this. The real test is when he'll be coming on holiday with me and my friends to Ireland. If I can spend a week in the same accomodation as him then I know I've beaten this grudge. I'm still gonna be weary of him though, I know what he's been like in the past and although he might have changed I'm not gonna turn my back for one second.

12. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

I have this bizarre urge to get a tongue piercing, an eyebrow piercing, or one of those "industrial" piercings. And it appears all I'm allowed to get is another ear piercing. Why am I bitching about this? :lol:

13. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i want a fucking girl :(

14. Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

So she told her mother what really happened on our "walk" during the party last week. WORST. MISTAKTE. EVER. "Well, she kind of, like, already guessed that we'd drunk." KIND OF? LIKE? Thank bog her mom won't tell my mom, but yeah...now she's probably gonna get grounded. Tsk, tsk, honest kids these days... :lol:

15. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

When it comes to shit like that, Honesty is NOT the best policy. I know first hand. :lol:

16. Disenchanted

Disenchanted The Black Parade is Dead! LPA Super Member

Right? That's exactly what I said! Deny, deny, deny, and make the parents look stupid. :lol:

17. Speed Freak

Speed Freak Well-Known Member

I'm confused...just wrote this piece & let my mum read it...now she suspects that Im depressed...I don't know what Im thinking anymore...

18. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm tired of this. There is something that I know I should do but I don't want to do it. I don't have to. It would be my choice but the underlying factors of it are certainly not fair. Not fair at all. Perhaps a decision sometime in August. But we'll see. I probably won't go through with it but I know full well I should for my own sake.

Oh well...no sense dwelling on it now.

19. Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Azraa, you can talk to me if you want to... :hug:

20. Speed Freak

Speed Freak Well-Known Member

Thanks Penny.....:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.