2/12/08 - Omaha, NE

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Justin V., Feb 13, 2008.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I have just arrived home from the opening show of the Minutes to Midnight 2008 tour which is, I'm happy to say, in my home town of Omaha, Ne. I would post the set-list but I think it's pretty similar to the Euro ones and it'll be in my digital package so I can get it correct.

Highlights:

Crawling (Full Reanimation intro)
    No More Sorrow (New guitar intro along with sampled sounds backing the military snare)
    Points of Authority (Petrified Rap, Drum machine intro, 2nd verse goes back to the drum machine beat, New extended outro with new chords)
    Shadow of the Day (Chester on guitar, Brad back up top to play the solo)
    A Place For My Head (Tremolo-picked guitar intro)
    Bleed it Out (New Intro, Extended drum solo with no instruments playing, Extended outro)
    What I've Done (Crazy new programmed intro) (Music video plays on 5 screens)

5:00pm Arrive to arrange the Meet and Greet. Picture taken to put up on the big screen. Received LPU Meet and Greet band and 30-page tour book.

7:30pm We miss Chiodos for the Meet and Greet. There were no pictures to be taken or signatures. Verizon took the pictures and the posters were pre-signed that day. The order was Mike (with mohawk), Rob (with shaggy hair), Chester, and Phoenix. Mike said to me, "And you have on the best shirt by the way!!" which validated the teasing I got wearing a Fort Minor shirt to a LP concert. Joe and Brad were behind the curtain peeking through, which I didn't know until I saw my pictures. The poster (signed), picture and a wallet were picked up after banging on the tour bus after the show.

9:00pm - Coheed was done and LP is on. The setup is crazy. There's a central platform accessible by stairs which is used a lot in the show for solos. There were 5 giant see-through screens in a pentagon formation above the stage. They had string attached to them on all four corners so they rotated in every direction, raised and lower, and moved back and forth. Lots of visuals on them. Two LCD screens on either side displayed what the cameramen were seeing on stage. Rob's drum set-up and Mt. Hahn moved up and down so when songs like My December played they would descend out of view. There was also a runway leading into the middle of the crowd for Chester.

11:00pm - Concert over. Double encore. Went out to bang on the tour bus to get my Meet and Greet stuff. Picture taken by Verizon with 2 other LPU memebers in front of the bus.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
    Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Awesome.

What song started the show? What I've Done or Wake/Given Up?

did you get your M&G through the LPU or did you get it from Verizon?

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I was there. I thought they did a fantastic job, the visuals were pretty incredible. I haven't recovered enough to know what to say at this point.

Really enjoyed Coheed too, Welcome Home was such a badass performance.
    However, it really put a damper on things that some huge douche thought it would be cool to nail Claudio right in the chest with a cup of something. I was surprised he just kept on going. But that action really pissed me off and made me feel terrible.

Other than that, what a great show.

Wake/Given Up, and there were 2 encores at the end. It really is somewhat similar to other setlists.

Hahninator

dragon ninja

I believe that's correct!

I have some phone pics of the set and the show and everything, but they won't be the best quality. I'll get them on my computer eventually.

Hahninator

awesome that sounds great.

the visuals were different than PR07? they sound really neat with screens that move, wow.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Did you really have to miss both opening acts for the M&G?

Hahninator

I really hope you got your M&G through the LPU.

that Verizon thing they do where you get a pic with the band and a pre-signed poster is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER than the regular LPU M&Gs. I jumped in and did that for PR07 and wow it pwned.

I hope I get that at my show lol.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I got the Verizon one. I can post pictures to if you want.

And I only missed Chiodos. They were running pretty far behind with the M&G.

Chester is on his little runway. During the break before the encore the screens descended about a foot from touching the stage. And the last one is the screens laying flat.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
    wesley hahn

wesley hahn Member

thanx for the infos... this 360° is awesome!

Hahninator

wesley that's a regular stage, that's not 360

mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Member

I have a question: What time was the show scheduled to start, like what time was on the actual ticket? I have to work the day after my concert at MSG and it would be perfect if it's over by like 11, 1130...My tickets say 7PM. Thanks for the info.

dragon ninja

Started at 7, and it ended at about 10:55.

Hahninator

question - the first encore, was it In Between and then What I've Done or was it What I've Done then In Between?

wesley hahn

wesley hahn Member