UK 2008 Tour Dates

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Welcome to the forums. :)

From what I can remember, the millenium dome is pretty huge so I'd expect around 30,000+ people to be at the show so if you have standing tickets then you're gonna need to get there at around 12 if you want a place near the front. Even if you're not looking to be near the front I'd say get there 2-3 hours before the doors open otherwise you're gonna end up near the back. If you have seats then get there around 1-2 hours before the doors open so you can find your seat quickly. There will be alot of pushing getting in and out so be careful with that. If you wanna get home before dawn I'd recommend running to the nearest form of transport as soon as the show ends. :lol:

LP's shows are awesome. The sound is always quality and unmuffled and it's always a really energetic performance. It'll be a real specticle when they play one of their softer songs and all the lighters and phones go up.

I might try and sneak a camcorder in. I know it's illegal but I guess if people's phones aren't confescated then why should my camcorder.

I'm really excited actually, I feel like a 5 year old at christmas. :lol:

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

The o2 arena's the Millenium Dome?!?!? :eek:

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Yup
    http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/booking/event?id=95

I'm pretty annoyed personally about this UK leg of the tour. Last time they came they played five shows spread out across Scotland, England and Wales. Now, every show is just in England. OK, yeah I don't mind travelling to see LP play, it's just kind of annoying that I have to pay a fortune to travel up to Nottingham, sleep on a godforsakenly uncomfortable floor in a friend's halls, see a dissapointing set which is guarenteed to exclude all the old classics in favor of even more MTM stuff. And all this when in 2003, all I had to do was go into town.
    I'm hoping they'll add more dates. Cause god forbid, I might actually have to give it a miss. Don't get me wrong, they're my favourite band and I love their music, but it's a lot of money and hassle for something I know wont be as good as the last time.

patricko

patricko Member

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'd better take a day-off from work then... sure as hell hope I can run like mad to the tube cause I gota work the next day up near Cambridge! Cheers!

fonduelover

fonduelover Member

They've added another show in London I think. I'm hoping for an email saying "New date added: Glasgow Arena..."

*I live in hope*

s_d

s_d New Member

I don't know if I'm going abit overboard or if everybody's thinking the same way as me but I'm gonna start queing from early morning and I literally mean wake up at around 7, get ready and make my way to the Arena. The only other time I've been to an Arena was to see Incubus and once to see Motorhead, other than that I stick to more intimate venues. Motorhead didn't have much of a queue and Incubus I was seated so I'm not sure how early I should really queue. Is early morning unnecessary? I'm talking like 8am / 9am. I don't wanna take any chances, want to be front and centre. Went to see them at the Astoria and was around 6 rows back but this time I would be right up front.

P.S. Lostprophets supporting Linkin Park must have been amazing! I would kill for a band of that calibur to support them this time round. Quite frankly I think Julien K suck.

fonduelover

fonduelover Member

I saw LP when they were supported by Lost Prophets. Was v good, pity I hadn't heard any Lost Prophets at the time, so didn't appreciate them at all!!!!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

biffy clyro are joing LP on your in the UK!! WOOHOO!!! that is so cool!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Shame if they are, they've grown on me but it doesn't seem like I could make it to any.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

you have to at least try dean my man!

i saw Biffy Clyro at Leeds Fest, and in Newcastle not too long ago, any they kick major ass. this show will be amazing garenteed.

the image on the LP news letter:

[​IMG]

wooooo!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
    Luke

I hate Biffy Clyro with a passion. :lol:

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Do you think they'd add an Irish date?
    They did before so hopefully they will again....

Dean

Still haven't gotten ahold of yourself after that Weezer cover? :p

JJ: Yeah, one of my mates is going to the Manchester one so hopefully I can get a ticket for that.

Luke

That was fucking terrible but it was only a contributer. I genuinly cannot stand their music. :lol:

Dean

Well yeah, I guess they're an aquired taste whether they're playing their slightly more straightforward songs or one of their more random ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.