Bands that you used to like and now are sick of,

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by sup103, Aug 22, 2003.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I would have to say Creed. They were one of the rock bands that first got me into Rock. But after thewir last CD they put out it has just really killed my interest. Their music is starting to go poppy and they are just becoming way too famous. Pklus they ahvn't done much in a while now. But I will admit i really love their first CD, it has some really good hard rock stuff on it.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Same here.
    Same thing with Simple Plan. I remember back when I heard "I'm just a kid" at the beginning of last summer and I loved the song. But there voices started to annoy me and I heard "OMG THEY ARE SO HOT" way too many times. Perfect is a great song though.

fun at the gallows

fun at the gallows Member

Evanescence. I liked Bring Me To Life, but after hearing it far too many times (like one time when I changed the channel to MTV and their video was on then I switched to VH1 and it was on at the same time) I decided to see if the rest of their album was listenable, so I downloaded the songs. Their songs are so horribly bland and repetitive, it's sickening. And Amy's voice and lyrics really aren't that great, in my opinion.

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

Blink 182-can they get serious for 2 seconds once in there life?
    Sum 41- there music isnt as "serious" as it used to be its just full of jokes now
    Good Charolotte-THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! Yeah i agree there music was really good when they werent that popular but now its just annoying.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Try listening to the Hell Song, bud. It's about someone they knew that contracted AIDS.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Why's everyone dissing Blink-182 just because they joke a lot? people shoudlnt take life so seriously.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

All of the pop bands that I used to listen to. I used to think that they were so awesome because of the voices and stuff. Those cds are dwelling in some dark corner of my house now, collecting dust.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Believe it or not.. My mood about a band will shift with my feelings at the time. Usually when in a good mood... I like listening to just about anything (except for rap... rap will shoot me straight into a bad bad mood). When in a umm... normal mood... The bands get limited. Usually when I'm in a normal mood... That's when whatever band I listen to will justify where my mood goes. Usually if it's depressing, I then turn all depressed... or if it's heavy, I get pissed off, etc. If I'm pissed off, it has to be metal.. or seriously heavy stuff. Everything I then listen to will just piss me off until all that... anger (I guess?) is gone, lol. Usually constant listenings to rap songs will piss me off very much where I will have to listen to heavy rock or I'll go insane and start breaking stuff or something.

:chemist:

But I agree that teenies and popularity will have me stop listening to a band sometimes. For example... I used to like Good Charlotte more when they first came out without all that uh... punk-gang stuff they have now with all the piercings and what-not. I used to like Simple Plan for awhile... Then they became popular and I just started to dislike them a lot. I used to listen to Trapt more, but then they got popular as well, and I stopped listening to them a lot. I still listen to these bands, but not as much. It's mostly because if my school likes any rock at all, it's these bands, and I cannot stand them. I dislike the fact they think they know rock and tell me what is and what is not rock music... It's so stupid. So yeah, it's basically the teenies and popularitiy that will turn me from a band. For some reason it hasn't happened with Linkin Park... That's really weird :blink:.

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I used to be a fan of Sum 41 but not anymore... they changed a lot...

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Yeah I don't really listen to the radio at all anymore. I try not to watch MTV2 or Fuse too much...but when I'm watching the n I can't help it because they play music videos in between shows *shudders* i don't usually watch them unless it's 'Faint' because that's one of three good videos they play.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

True that

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Try listening to the Hell Song, bud. It's about someone they knew that contracted AIDS. [/b][/quote]
    that's right and they are not "full of jokes now"

first i liked the used
    but that singer screams like and old lady
    and i just dont like em anymore

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Sorry for going off topic, but are you the same PPR:Kut that's been banned here twice?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Sorry for going off topic, but are you the same PPR:Kut that's been banned here twice? [/b][/quote]
    No.

lpfreak

lpfreak Banned

OK PPL THIS IZ WEIRD BUT I USED 2 LIKE NSYNC N BSB!!!! EWWWW GOD MAN!!!! Y DIDNT LP COME OUT B4 THEY DID?!?!

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

f*cks sake is it so hard to type normal :rolleyes: :eek:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

LYK OMG

Thank God Man!!! Go back to being a teenie. I think they'll appreciate that way of typing there... Wait.. You're banned. You can't see this. Oh well.

:chemist:

[/off topic]

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

Evanescence - I liked "Bring Me To Life" the first few times I heard it, but I don't know. I guess I stopped liking it because the voice doesn't go well with the music.

Good Charlotte - It's not that I'm sick of them, it's just that I like them less. (They're everywhere)<< very true. They're faces are plastered everywhere. And some of their fans who make crap websites and Benji or Joel is all you see.

I guess I don't get sick of bands too often. I only listen to the radio in the car or Sunday night, and I don't have all those music channels, so I don't listen to a certain song too many times.

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

Weezer - I still listen to pinkerton and the blue album i just dont really like there other stuff

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

Disturbed - I really love listening to The Sickness, Stupidfy, and Prayer, but I never really listen to them anymore. They don't really appeal to me and I hate how they use uptuned guitars. They sound so dry and weak. Like needles piercing your skin.