Billboard Charts: October 4th, 2007

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

the first part can be very arguable, and the second part, well i barely ever see them on T.V anymore, at least anywere near as much as i used to during the Meteora cycle...

and people dont talk about them as much as the time of the album release and that was just a few months ago

jonah

jonah Well-Known Member

I've never seen them plummet down so fast on the top 200 before.

And it's quite surprising that BIO made it into the top 10 along with WID before the single even released, yet isn't able to steal #1.

Spike

Spike Member

Guys, its ridiculous saying "i hate BIO, its the worst song on the album, thats why it fell on the charts!", thats only your opinion. I have met people that love this song. i loved it at first listen. Also because of WID and BIO, here in greece, radios finally play some LP music...But as I said, thats only in my country, and my opinion...things may be different for other countries/cities/persons.

As for the sales and the whole "MTM vs Meteora" thing...Do you listen to LP because they top the charts and win grammy's?...Or you are not satisfied with all the #1 we have seen from them,and forget the LP succes because of a #2 spot, of one single song?!...I'm not trying to teach anyone here, but please listen to LP for yourselves, not because others buy them...

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

That's complete bologna. It took Meteora exactly 13 weeks to SELL 2 million copies in the US alone, Minutes to Midnight has been out for four and half months and has only sold 1.75 million in the US and is floping the charts...This thread is about six days overdue, well the sales from this week are already in and the album droped another 10 percent...

Meteora sold 11 millon copies worldwide and so far Minutes to Midnight has sold about 4 and a half.

Meteora is WAAAAAAY better then Minutes to Midnight. I mean your entitled to your own opinions as am I, but it sounds totally humiliating that you'd even think of comparing them to each other. Saying Minutes to Midnight is better then Meteora is like saying St. Anger is better then Master of Puppets....utterly rediculous.

I'd be shocked if it sold even half as much when it's all said and done, in the US anyway. It might sell 7 million worldwide maybe, 3 million at the most in the US.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

You're comparing apples to oranges here bud. Meteora came out four years ago. Album sales have been on a steady decline every year since the early 2000's. Why don't you look up the album sales of Evanescence and 50 Cent.
    Two other artists who had big albums in 2003. Evanescences Fallen
    has sold 14 million copies worldwide, while their latest disc The Open Door has only sold 4 million*. 50's new album hasn't been out that
    long, but it's still vastly under selling compared to his previous albums.

Saying it's "totally humiliating" for someone to like MTM over Meteora is
    a very demeaning thing to say, and I'd appreciate it if you quit insulting peoples musical tastes, kthnx.

*(all of this info via wikipedia, btw)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Okay, so when did you become the spokesperson for everyone in the world's taste in music?

It's my opinion that MTM is better than Meteora as I'm sure many others here think, so don't attack people's musical tastes just because you have a difference of opinion.

Also it's spelt Ridiculous. ;)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

QFT.

With albums in decline, of course they're not going to sell as much as 4 years ago. But if you take into account the recession that's going on and compare, in real terms it is DEFINITELY outselling Meteora.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

theres no need to read wikipedia to see that LP is loosing its popularity

before it used to be a comom thing to turn up the radio and listen a LP song if you listen for 30 min

all my friends that used to like everything the band released didnt buy MTM

and album sales are very dissapinting, that the rest of the music industry sucks now doesnt mean that LP has goten better

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

That's where your wrong. Their album sales were better than they'd thought
    they'd be. Chester said in an interview before MTM came out that the album would have top sell 2 million copies to be considered a success. They've done double that worldwide, and are well on their way to achieving that in the U.S.
    The albums only been out for 5 months. Your labeling of it as a failure is
    presumptuous at best. Your complete disregard for the state of the music industry is both ignorant and stubborn.

The truth is, aside from Kanye West and 50 Cent, nobody's selling albums at the rate LP is. That's a fact that, no matter how much you hate the album,
    can't be denied.

*end of thread*

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

on the next billboard update, see if you can mention Shadow of the Day.

it's seemingly soaring up the charts. with What I've Done and Bleed It Out STILL in the Top 10... Shadow of the Day might join them in the Top 20 soon. :X

I don't even know if a single band has had three singles in the Top 20 at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.