Imposter (Am I?)

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Seinfeld, Aug 24, 2007.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Please Comment.
    (And try to see what I'm telling you. don't just tell me that some of the wording seems awkward. I know it is. It's supposed to be cryptic.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imposter (Am I?):

I'm done trying
    (Oh, how I wish)
    to be like you
    I could see right through

The curtain
    (you hang)
    in front of tinted windows
    Hoping to find

Everything you see,
    (a lie)
    in my eyes
    and I want out again

You have become, (all)
    I hate and fear
    everything I view,
    when you are near

When I am you, inside of you,
    will I become
    yet another false truth?

When I peel, from the skin
    you shed me
    and the air we breathe...

...each time you exhale...

I am just another
    Follow, like every other
    Imposter​

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

To me, it seemed to be saying someone seemed perfect, so you originally tried to emulate them. You became obsessed with them, and could think of nothing else, but they didn't seem to care about you at all. Now you feel like, by emulating them, you are becoming a part of them, like so many others have already done. But you're not them, so you're just an impostor, a "false truth" (as you are just like this person, trying to appear perfect but truly just being deceptive). So you wish you could be yourself again, as you see this person was not really perfect, and you were deceived.

Personally, the song makes me think of Jesus. Loving and worshiping him, seeing he doesn't answer your prayers and that he isn't perfect, so you try to stop being like him and using him as a role model.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

i can't really relate anyone to the poem, like Ross did, but just any friend in general, who has used you, and you kinda know that, and you begin to lie to that person because he or she is sucking the life out of you. but this only makes you feel guilty and draws you closer to that person, and it's like before you know it, he or she is under your skin, and you are them. nothing but all the lies you both used to share with each other.

but i totally love the pattern of the poem. it's the bravest attempt i have seen yet. and i like the fact, that at frst it might take you time to understand the whole scenario and it might not seem that appealing as longer fully filled lines, but when you read it over and over again, it gives you a stronger sense, and more than the story of the poem, the pattern seems beautiful. a brilliant attempt!

duongtran

duongtran Member

i get the poem a lot of people have done this or tried to do this to me. It sounds a lot like figure 0.9 imo

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I love your interpretation of it. It makes me look at it in a completely different way...

As I see that you've called it an attempt, I'll keep practicing until these poems become 'success' and not just 'attempt'

Thank you very much ^_^

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007