Shadow Of The Day

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cal, Aug 18, 2007.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Now that the dust has settled and the albums had a while to settle in, has anyones opinion on this song changed?

When it was first released it took a hellish amount of stick, and i coudnt understand why, but ive noticed around forums alot of people bigging it up now, anyone else found themself totally in love with something they hated not too long ago?

I personally think its fantastic

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I didn't like it at all in the beginning, now it's not so bad, but still not among their finest.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's one of the better songs on the album.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The sound didn't appeal to me at all the first few times I listened to it. But now it's one of my favourite songs in the album :).

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I personally think it's an absolutely fantastic song. Might be my favorite off of Minutes to Midnight.

Actually, it's really just one of my favorite Linkin Park tracks in general.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Same as eveything above. I really didn't dig Shadow of the day when i first heard it, I mean I didn't hate it, but other songs such as No more Sorrow, In Pieces etc just blew it away, but now as the months have gone by, I've really grown to appreciate it more, and admire the lyrics and music in genral.

Hearing the live version on ProjRev also made me fall in love with the song more, one of LP's tracks were everyone in the band is doing somthing. & Chester on Guitar was the iceing on the cake ;)

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I still dont really like it.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I love this song, it would be awesome if it turned into a single.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

i beleive this is one of the best songs the band has made, i admit i didn't like it much at first but it seriously did grow on me

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I liked it at first, I like it the same now.
    Awesome song, but not one of their best.

chair

chair Member

This has become my favorite LP song. I did like it a lot when I first heard it, but it is definitely a grower. I think it would be a fantastic single. :)

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Loved it since the first time I heard it. It's one of my favorite songs in Minutes To Midnight.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

this song was one of my favorites right from the start. i just love the electronic beat and brads guitar when he comes in. i like it the same now, if not more.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I loved this song right from the start. I want it played at my funeral.

And no my funeral isn't any time soon. I just love the song that much.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Yeah as other people said No More Sorrow and In Pieces etc. blew me away at first and I didn't really care about Shadow of The Day. So after I've listened to all the songs I liked 500 times Shadow of The Day became one of the interesting songs to me because I hadn't listened that much to it. I still find it interesting and it's one of the best songs on the album. Might be THE best.

I love the solo's feel and the way the whole song is build up, it's structure.

I also think the big amount of reviewers saying that it sounded like U2 ruined it a bit for me, though I don't think about that when I listen to it now. Now it's just Shadow of The Day, the song from LP that has most feel in it.

And for Shadow of The Day lovers. You gotta see this performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptvMa119qs

Kippers

Kippers Active Member

It's the only song on the album that i still skip when it comes on. I have no idea why, it's not even that abd of a song. I guess it just isn't to my personal taste for some reason.

Maybe skipping it has just become a habit because i used to do it when i first got the album :p

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I skip it occasionally, but I still think its a fantastic song. They play it almost perfect live as well. It kind of bugs me how people say it rips off U2. It sound
    a bit like "With or Without You", but not so much that I'd accuse them of copying them. At least they didn't try to base an entire career off of sounding like U2
    (ahem, Coldplay).

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

It wasn't what any of us expected from LP. So therefore many of us condemned it and disliked it for what it wasn't. In essence it is an exellent song that really showed another element to the skill and musical ability of Linkin Park. I personally thought it was to slow when I first listened to it, then each time after it got more of a hold on me.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I want that, or Leave Out All The Rest. Probably LOATR, but yea, just thought I'd throw that in there.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

I suppose I did it backwards. When I first heard Shadow of the Day I was absolutely in love with it, but as time has gone on I've found that I don't like it as much. Although that may be due to the fact that my friend overplayed it way too much.