most under-rated lp song

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by mmmmtastycookies, Jun 22, 2007.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Forgotten

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

pushing me away, lying from you, hit the floor

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

I'd have to say With You. Although it's been played live quite a lot, I don't hear about it much from the fans...

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Forgotten, With You.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Off MTM, Valentine's Day for sure.

Meteora- Hit the Floor and Easier to Run

HT- With You (I love mike's rapping!)

Pre HT- The ORIGINAL High Voltageb

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

forgotten and hit the floor mainly. definately two of my more favoured songs by LP

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Actually thats true, Valentines Day does seem to be underrated by a lot of people. I wouldn't say its my favourite off the new album, but I seem to listen to it the most of all the new songs.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Let me do this in the category section-way so I can say which one is underrated for the albums.

Hybrid Theory: With You (I love the song man, the intro was funky), By Myself, Forgotten, Pushing Me Away (The singing was great)
    Meteora: Hit The Floor, Lying From You, Easier To Run, Figure.09
    Minutes To Midnight: In Between, Valentines Day

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Back when HT was out it seemed like every single song on the album was somebody's hit except With You and Pushing me away. PMA is no longer under rated though and has become quite watered down with the reanimation live mix and piano live version played over the years...So With You is definitly the most under rated from HT. Forgotten is not under rated, they just never play it live anymore, unfortunately...

Hit the floor and Easier to Run are the most neglected songs from Meteora, but I still say Lying from you is the most under rated song, it deserved way more credit then it got, hell...the entire Meteora album is very under rated by not only the critics, but by fans! Meteora is probably my favorite album by Lp, I sure love it a hell of a lot more then MTM, but I probably love HT about the same as Meteora...

Honestly from MTM I see a bunch of songs that are way over rated, like Leave out all the rest and No More Sorrow for example, two good songs, but people blow it way out of proportion for what it's worth...

In Pieces, TLTGYA, What I've Done and Given Up are all great songs to me. TLTGYA is the one song on this album that actually has a timeless feel to it, but unfortunately the album as a whole just doesen't.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

well i think, to be honest, Esual.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

i think i probably should of made this thread as a poll

giorgoslp

giorgoslp Banned

forgotten easier to run hit the floor nobody's listening. AND THEY ALSO STOPED PLAYING a place for my head

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Wow...

Is that me typing? :p

Radish

Radish Guest

I Think With You, Forgotten, Pushing Me Away and maybe By Myself are under appreciated on Hybrid Theory, and on Meteora; Hit The Floor, Nobody's Listening, and Session... Session because it's completely different to Cure for the Itch and i think that's what fans were expecting, another wacky, fun instrumental made Solely by Joe.
    I don't understand though, With You was my first favorite on Hybrid Theory, and Hit The Floor was my first favorite on Meteora, they're great songs.
    Oh and yeah, i also think they stopped playing A Place For My Head.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

they should play and one, with the rap verse at the end and all.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

totally agree. I didn't really like 'And One' live. They complety messed up the bridge at the end of the song. the soft acoustic 3rd verse leading to the bridge was completly gone, and chester just dived into the screaming.

The part i do like about it however was the final chorus "keep it, locked up, inside, stand alone on, the outside"; but they cut the 'Keep my distance' ending. + Mikes Rap verse made the song complete and unquie.

LP should play this song again but properly along with Step Up, High Voltage. And especialy get round to playing Carousel & Part Of me. That'll be fantastic.

obb

obb Active Member

Easier to run in my opinion . It is one of my fav song from Meteora

morbid

morbid Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about Meteora and HT, though I like Meteora better cus I got it before Ht..anyway....lying from you, and hit the floor are probably the underrated songs for that cd for me..I love Hit The Floor but I've never heard much about it being played live or anything[I've never seen LP live:(.

As for HT With You and By Myself....maybe Forgotten, but I always listen to that one whenever I listen to HT!!!!so its not for me:)

MTM was blah to me..I like only four songs alot which is NOT normal for me cus it's LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!!!! I've always liked all there songs about...........I don't know this cd is missing something....:( I really tried hard to like it but it wouldn't work.....as for underrated songs I wouldn't know..I do like TLTGYA, but it's long and I get tried of it fast.

TheCure

TheCure Member

Since I'm new here (hi guys!,) I'll just put the songs on here that weren't made singles that I believe should have been.

As for M2M, it's finally starting to grow on me. Chester mentioned it to us, but I really didn't expect it to be this different... but I digress, the list:

EP: Carousel
    Hybrid Theory: Points of Authority
    Meteora: From the Inside
    Minutes to Midnight: Hands Held High (God... please release this?!)

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

Wasn't this supposed to be track from their three proper studio albums?

Well anyway I would say Pushing me Away and Forgotten. Alot of the others mentioned aren't as good as their other songs in my opinion.