Unkown Stuff?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by wookiebastard, Jul 3, 2007.

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

I've been doing some research on rare LP tracks, and i got to Broadcast Music .Inc (BMI) that has a complete catalog of every artist and the songs that where registered under their name... so, i checked Mike Shinoda / Michael Shinoda / Michael Kenji Shinoda / Mike Kenji Shinoda... and some weird tracks showed up:

Songwriter/Composer___________________Current Affiliation________CAE/IPI #___Legal Title
    SHINODA MICHAEL KENJI________________________BMI_________________355854139___2005 VIDEO MUSIC AWARD-BG CUES
    Those are the VMA's "intros" Mike did nothing weird about that.

NBA INSIDE STUFF-BG CUES (Legal Title)
    Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #
    BOURDON ROBERT G BMI 355850837
    DELSON BRADFORD PHILIP BMI 355851344
    HAHN JOSEPH BMI 355851834
    SHINODA MICHAEL KENJI BMI 355854139
    WAKEFIELD MARK ASCAP 347045273

Publishers
    BIG BAD MR HAHN MUSIC BMI 357210087
    KENJI KOBAYASHI MUSIC BMI 357209554
    NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENT MUSIC BMI 357145359
    PANCAKEY CAKES MUSIC BMI 357209848
    ROB BOURDON MUSIC BMI 357209652
    ZOMBA SONGS BMI 481788115

Rob, Brad, Joe, Mike and Mark?... that's Xero lineup, what the hell are those songs? i suppose they must be kind of MTV VMA's stuff Mike did.

WITHOUT A TRACE THEME (Legal Title)
    BMI Work #6792971
    Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #
    BENNINGTON CHESTER C BMI 339235654
    BOURDON ROBERT BMI 357242755
    DELSON BRAD BMI 355851442
    HAHN JOSEPH BMI 355851834
    SHINODA MICHAEL BMI 357242657

Publishers
    ZOMBA SONGS BMI 481788115

I read that the Without a Trace theme was based on In The End, but apparently, the song registered as Without A Trace Theme actually belongs to them?

I thought LP used their music on the LPTVs right?... well, i've been checking on old LPTVs from Meteora, and i found some clips stuff in there that i can't identify the song and i doubt they belong to the released songs. So, just check them out:

LPTV9 from Meteora

listen at 03:13 a beat n some sounds, a short clip of a song I can't identify.

p5hng or Wth>You (can't remember) starts at 02:50 ends at 03:12
    12 secs of unknown beat
    then My December starts at 03:24

same "unknown beat" is repeated in LPTV7 from 02:24 to 02:39 and it's certainly NOT my december.

There are some weird beats there in LPTV7:
    from 00:09 to 00:25
    from 00:51 to 01:08 (beats + scratch)
    from 01:27 to 02:02[/QUOTE]

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Wow, great find, this is really interesting.

LP apparently wrote the 'Without A Trace theme'??? That's awesome. But i doubt it was performed by them though.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well you have to remember that LP writes interludes and new intros to songs before just about every tour during rehearsals, whipping up a new beat probably takes 5 minutes. There are tons of random beats like that in both LPTV series, all the DVDs/Making Of segments, etc., I really doubt they're all from b-side/demo tracks.

As for the BMI stuff, that's interesting. NBA Inside Stuff is a show that's been around since 1990, it used to air on ABC and NBC before moving to NBA TV. The fact that it's listed as "BG Cues" means that whatever it was, was probably used as background music during a highlight reel segment or a lead into or out of a commercial break. It may have just been one of the Xero songs we already have heard, if you look on the BMI list, you'll see that Rhinestone is registered (probably because part of it was re-used in FRGT/10), but Stick N' Move, Reading My Eyes, and Fuse aren't.

You could probably find it if you could somehow find every NBA Inside Stuff episode since 1996...but I doubt anybody would be able to do that.

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

Ok yeah, i understand what u mean, but still, i think it was interesting... it'd be nice to have a cd with those stuff on it, not an album release i mean, just a cd or at least to post them on their web pages, for fans.

Regarding, those NBA Inside Stuff, just wanted to know if anyone knew what was all about, now with your info it's almost impossible to get those. But well, im not from the US so didn't know what NBA inside stuff was, so thanx for at least clearing that up.

But Tasta, what about the Without A Trace theme?... i read a long time ago that LP were going to be involved in the making of the new theme, but then it turned out that the new theme was supposed to be based upon LP's ITE. So, do u know anything about that WAT Theme?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I never even knew anything about the Without a Trace theme until LPFuse posted a "did you know" fact on their site that it was supposedly based on In the End.

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

ah ok.
    I think i read the news regarding LP and WAT in linkin park chile and linkin park espaƱa y believe, but it was waaaaay before LPFUSE had that on the "did you know" section.

ok then... this thread is dead then.