RAR'07 Webcast: No LP?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

i didn't mean to say that the performance was weak, because of the band ws bad (eg. in singing or playing etc)
    the audience just didn't seem to be involved that much as last time (remeber that fan, benjamin, who came on the stage in 2004 and sung "faint" with them? - now THAT was something what made the whole audience like "wooooooooooooot!")

just take crawling as an example - to me, and to a lot of other fans, this is the perfect song to scream and jump along with the band - this time it didn't seem to be so.

I saw KoRn afterwards and right now "Die Ärzte" (a german band) - and the audience is/was going crazy. I mean ok, this time i see it on tv - but anyway - you can see very well if the audience liked what they saw or not.

Chesters voice eg. was great to me - but I'm kinda sick of hearing the old things done over and over again - there are so many songs that they could play. It doesn't have to be M2M. Just as an example: I think that it would be great if they performed "And One" or "Carousel" or ANYTHING but the typical songs. I remeber when I heard them performing "Wish" by NIN, or "Reading My Eyes" - that was something different. And instead of just changing the intros and outros of their songs, they could pick songs they don't play that often --> I'm sure that a lot of fans would go crazy if they did so.

sorry for writing that much. I still feel like I can't really express myself very well right now (not because of the language ^^), but I'll stop here, and hope that at least some of you guys know what i mean

panza

panza Well-Known Member

I agree with YKA. when I wrote this was the best performance, I meant the set design, lights, it just looks fantastic. but yeah, LP just seem more, I don't know how to name it, but...this whole thing about not allowing to stream the show, or the setlist, it's just weird. I mean, if they did an album that is like a new beginning, why they don't want to play like half of the songs from the M2M. In my opinion they should play mostly new songs, some hit singles from the past, like Numb, Crawling, In the end and like 2 or 3 songs from the past they haven't played that much, like Parts of me, Easier to run etc.
    all in all the setlist is not good, the new songs are fresh and great, but some older songs aren't, because they aren't new now are not fantastic either (don't stay). that's my opinion, but maybe I'm just angry because of this whole "we don't want to show you our show for free, buy a ticket or dvd instead" thing :)

Timmeeey

Timmeeey New Member

yeah you're right. the crowd is really going crazy right now with "die ärzte".
    but hey, on "no more sorrow" the crowd was really excited. it was one of the earlier songs they played that night, so i think we'll see a more excited crowd when we see the whole concert with the first songs like "one step closer".

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

You're talking out of my soul!
    There are some songs where I think that they don't really perform it that well anymore (lie don't stay or papercut, though i LOVE papercut)
    Why the hell don't they replace these songs with M2M, older things or covers?

well, they didn't made me feel like they were headliners this time. I'm still watching "Die Ärzte", and it just keeps getting better, and the audience keeps getting more and more motivated to do crazy stuff! I'm not a fan of "Die Ärzte", but THEY REALLY know hot headliners should be like.

nzlmbrino

nzlmbrino New Member

Yeah, I guess so, too.

And I hope, that "Rockpalast" (on WDR) will air the whole concert of Linkin Park in one of their "Rock am Ring 2007" rock-night-specials in the next couple of weeks (I think, on June, 16th, there are some of those night-specials).

I'd be so excited to see the whole thing. :bounce:

blueeye

blueeye Well-Known Member

I agree with you all in some point (they definitely need a new setlist), but also i can understand that even LP can`t be at their best every single performance. And we didn`t see the whole show so i`ll wait with my final judgment. ;)

Mkoli2

Mkoli2 Active Member

Maybe they've messed up something really bad and they don't want us to see it :D

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

maybe

one guitar got kinda broken during the show.
    and from the songs we have, I can say that chesters voice was great, but sometimes couldn't keep the tones he was singing. Of course those things can happen - but this time, it happened more often than it should usually happen.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

I think his voice was ok, but the sound is always bad at RaR. If they messed up something or not, that doesn;t explain why they didn't give the permission to broadcast it BEFORE the show. from what I've seen it wasn't a bad show, beside the setlist I enjoyed those songs and BTH was performed really really good. Today, I saw the Muse (the played before LP) and the crowd wasn't crazy either (not to mention they weren't so crazy at depeche mode last year too), so I guess it's just the fact it was in the night and you can't see every shouting person like in the day (like in the 2004 performance).
    But the point is, the show was shot, so I guess they will let us see it someday. Maybe it's really just a matter of mixing, they knew the sound here isn't okay, so they wannna give us the best sound that is possible.

that guitar problem> you're digging into details, I haven't noticed any guitar broken, just a little feedback during faint, where brad was putting off his jacket ( I really don't know why he did it 3 minutes before the end of the show, but I guess, it's just Brad:) )

Mkoli2

Mkoli2 Active Member

...So they took the videos to the studio to fix the sound! That's it, that's the logical explanation...:lol: I'm just joking

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

i was digging into details because of wondering why they didn't pick some other songs. BTH was great - so no wonder why they took that one. But Numb etc. - i'm sure there were better performances than these songs :)

but you know what? why the hell are we talking about it that much? i'm sure that we will see some much better performances soon enough. I guess I was kinda dissapointed because I expected it to be at least as good as RaR 04. Well, I was really angry yesterday, and in this case, i prone to complainting about details...

something else:
    what I was wondering --> as far as I know, they started performing BTH because so much people asked them why they didn't play it. Do you guys think that we might be kinda able to change the setlist (at least one or two songs) by mentioning often enough that we'd like to hear more songs they don't perform usually?
    I know this sounds a bit stupid, but actually I believe that it might work --> MENTION IT IF YOU EVER HAPPEN TO MEET THEM :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.