Bleed It Out and Faint

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CHW42, May 22, 2007.

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

I think they sound kind of similar. I mean they both start off with some really nice guitar play (although Faint's is much better) and the rapping style seems kind of similar. Plus to add on to that, the hook is kind of screamy yet very good. I'm not saying they're twins or anything, but I think if you would compare Bleed It out to any LP song, Faint would probably be the closest to it. Thoughts?

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

yeah..but Faint is better in my opinion

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

faints intro is violins.

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

Guitars start after that. That's what I meant.

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Chester screams in the end on both of them. And they're very close in track time. I think Faint was 2:47 and Bleed it Out is 2:44.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Sorry to sound like a mod, but don't double-post. The edit button is your friend. ;)

Personally, I think Bleed It Out is better. Faint is more whiny, and although it has a catchy drum beat, it's not as good as Bleed It Out. The guitar in Bleed It Out is way better, in my opinion. It has a U2 feel, kind of like the opening guitar for "I Will Follow." The rapping is not all dark. It's more open, more raw. I like that. And Chester's voice just owns. I mean, I'd rather Chester scream "I've opened up these scars, I'll make you face this. I've pulled myself so far, I'll make you face this now," instead of "Hear me out now. You're going to listen to me like it or not."

Faint is good, but I think Bleed It Out ousts it. They are kind of similar, though. The structure is pretty much the same as well as the song length. Bleed It Out seems more mature, in a sense, than Faint does, though.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I kinda agree with ya. Bleed it out in my opinion is a slightly better song. The guitar, rapping and bass are miles better than most of the songs from HT & Meteora. And Chesters proved that hes still got his 'Hybrid Theory' voice and scream.

Although havning said that, after hearing the 'Faint Live' off the 'What I've done" single, it sounds so much better than the version on Live in Texas. I'm really hoping we'll get a hi-quality version of the new Faint we heard on the AOL concert thing in New York. They improved it so much. I can't help but say 'wow' everytime i hear it. And what a song to end the gig on!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I think Bleed It Out is a tad better than Faint.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

i think bleed it out is more fun than faint is, and mike's verse is a lot more creative, however chester's verses get repetitive and feel like filler at the end. They could've had another rap verse or at more lyrical diversity. Plus i have yet to figure out what bleed it out actually means... but i have guesses. Oh, i have guesses. lol.

I sound like a hardcore critic, but Bleed it out is actually my favorite track on m2m, it's fucking addictive.

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

I think Faint pwns Bleed It Out out of the water. Not to diss Bleed It Out at all, because it's a great song. But to me, Faint is the best hard and fast paced song LP has ever done. But that's just me. The harmony of the violins and the great guitar play just sounds so...so...awesome. Evertime I hear it, it reminds me how great LP are as musicians. The music is great, the rapping is meh and the hook is amazing. I dont' think anyone can duplicate what Chester did on Faint (but himself of course lol).

O yea Louis, I'm under 50 posts so I can't edit my post until I get it approved. I forgot something so then decided to just double post anyhow since I was goin' somewhere.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think faint actually beats bleed it out for me. I think mike and chester just seem more cohesive in faint. where as in bleed it out, it's almost fort minor featuring chester bennington. but I really love bleed it out to. These are two of my more favoured LP songs as they are up tempo. They do have similar qualities when you pull them apart but just for he listening value I like faint slightly better

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm going to say that I think Bleed It Out is way better than Faint.

Yes I'm going against the general consensus in this thread.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

BIOFTW.

I used to hate the repetitive chorus, but the song is just too damn fun now. :lol:

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

Faint is one of my favorite Linkin Park songs, so I'll have to go with that. Bleed it Out is "fun", as you people put it :lol:

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

Both BIO and Faint are great and similar in song structure, but BIO is more funny, and Faint is more cool because of the strings.

mis

mis Well-Known Member

Faint was always one of my favs. Bleed it Out is one of my new favs. It gets me pumped just like Faint use to. I think Bleed it out is more fun, I don't know if its becuase I first heard it on SNL and they guys looked liked they had so much fun playing that song.

KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

Hmm..

Well i think faint will always be one of my fav songs.. it makes you wanna run around like crazy
    Bleed It Out..
    makes me wana get up and start clapping
    They are both good.. cant compare it.
    hah =)​

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They're both the shortest (full) songs on their respective albums. That's about the only similarity I see...

Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

It's absolutely different songs, there is nothing similar between them.