Global Warming

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by El Muerto, May 27, 2007.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Staff edit: We moved the bickering from the news post about Live Earth Tokyo to the Global Warming thread, and as a result JJ87's intro post was moved down the page because the debate had started in that thread before this one had been created. Just carry on despite the chaotic sequencing of the posts.

The effects actually are showing in our lifetime.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly. We're having unusual weather patterns (this is going to be the busiest hurricane season in years) and nobody cares. They think global warming is just BS made by scientists.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

there are people that are so ignorant and unaware about the real world

this must be another brainless teen that only thinks about getting laid...

blueeye

blueeye Well-Known Member

Because of the ignorant people like you, the world is like it is today. Sad.

I hope you`ll think about it again and maybe change your mind.

El Muerto

I think this was one of the warmest winter here in last 100 years. I almost forgot what snow is.

On the other hand, I was doing some reading about global warming couple of weeks ago for my classes, and I found out the things considering global warming and glasshouse effect are much better now that 10 years ago. So if they're not lying the improvement has been made. Hopefully events like this could only raise the awarenees a bit more and make governmens pass the laws about not letting out freons and other shit into the atmosphere.

LP ftw.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

we all no about it, and and force-fed the scientists views on the news and such. just wondered what your views on this topic are. with LP set to play Live Earth to raise awareness about 'global warming' and thought it would be a good topical thread to start..

personally i dont think we are suffering from global warming. yes pollution isnt going to help the situation but in the past we, the world, have been in this predicament before.

i havent got the stats and figures to baffle you all with but when i was doing my geography A-Level at college this was something we disscussed in great detail. however that was two yars ago so my explanation maybe a little sketchy. simply put - the world is going through a 'warm phase' this has happened several times before, and temperatures have fluctuated throughout time. i said simply put. this time round we have tonnes of pollution in our skies - some parts worse than others across the world with deforestation and such things playing a huge part in - that wasnt a facture in years gone by. even tidal parterns play a roll in this. as you can see - there are many factors and something needs to be done. but part of this is just nature i believe.

we cant just blame whats happening on 'global warming' - its many things.

El Muerto

Global warming is a myth.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You're probably giving people the wrong impression with that comment.

An Inconvenient Truth is a great movie to pick up if you want to learn more about global warming. Many of the statistics in the movie are very scary. I mean, 13 of the hottest recorded summers in history have been since 1990. That's got to tell you something.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Something's wrong when I had to drive with the A/C on in the beginning of March....

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

My city's temperature went up from the 70's to the 90's in less than 2 weeks in April. That's kind of unusual. I mean, Arizona is naturally a hot state and we're going through a drought, but I've never seen such drastic changes.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Winter is much shorter in Alaska. The permafrost is melting up in the arctic. I'd say it's happening right now.

El Muerto

Yeah, maybe.. but I said pretty much everything in that live earth thread and I was too lazy to type it again.

On topic, there's almost nothing we as individuals can do about the greenhouse effect at the moment. It's all up to governments i.e. to the USA government. The best we can do is to use public transport when we can instead of driving cars all the time. :)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Pretty much. That's what I meant in the news thread when I said “as if no one knows”.

People could be doing much more productive things than Live Earth. Even Bob effing Geldof thinks so.

mikhailpreda

mikhailpreda Active Member

Brainless teen concerned about getting laid? Did it ever occur to you that there are other opinions besides yours? Global Warming is not my concern at all and if we all die because of it or what not OH WELL

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Excuse my french, but global warming is a bunch of bullshit.

I mean, think about it. The earth warms up and cools down, it's just phases that it goes through. And oh em gee we're such bad people driving our SUV's and hurting the Earth and depleting the ozone layer and melting all the ice caps, while on Mars, they have found evidence that the ice caps are melting there too. I don't see anyone driving SUV's on Mars, does anyone else? Exactly. Global warming is a phase that the Earth has always gone through, for example, we went through an ice age, and it warmed up considerably afterwards. So, yeah.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
    El Muerto

Yeah, it happened before, but this time people are here to make even worse ;)

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

:lol: I know I'm going to get flamed eventually for my post, but it's my opinion. And I still think it's bull shit. Period.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I don't agree, are you saying it's the USA that's the most harmfull country to global warming, because that's not true, you shouldn't forget about China and a lot of other countries that are putting just as much CO2 in the air as the US.

Or are you saying the USA has to "fix" this because they're the ones that always try to "fix" stuff that's wrong in the world?

Global Warming is happening now and people should care about it, but it's up to the governments to promote a greener life, they're the only ones that can influence people to change.

El Muerto

What I meant was that USA are the most influental country in the world at the moment and if they do something huge about it, like bringing some new laws for example, everyone else will follow their example and do the same.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

I totally agree andanother factor that is warming up the planet is a completely natural one, the sun. The suns emits solar flares into space and of course they will comes towards earth and other planets.