LPTV 14 Added and Possible Singles News

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

In my opinion :D

[Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

Given Up & Shadow Of The Day are good choices...

The other two should be Leave Out All The Rest & The Little Things Give You Away...

Sounds like a good move, but I'd of had No More Sorrow rather than Shadow Of The Day, then it'd have a nice balance of singles.

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

Good move, if true. Shadow of the Day is my favorite song from the whole album. Given up is an obvious choice for a single though.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping that Linkin Park would release "The Little Things Give You Away" as a single. Then they would issue a document that says the song is not allowed to be edited for radio. THAT would be epic.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
    User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Heh. I knew Given Up would be a single. I have the ability to predict stuff like that.

e_yas7

e_yas7 Active Member

I wish they could release all the songs as singles...
    but seriously, i think Bleed It Out would be a perfect single!

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

I bet Given Up will be a rock-radio only, live music video type single. Similar to Lying From You.

Then, come October, Shadow of the Day will be the next big music video, probably done by Joe Hahn again.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Gah, I really don't want them to release Given Up or Shadow of the Day as singles. Releasing Given Up as the second single completely defeats the purpose of the album, which was to move on from their past sound. I understand, it will attract people, but it amazes me daily how many people I know say that they hate LP the second I even mention their name. But if they released, oh, I don't know, LOATR or Valentine's Day as a single, they might gain some new fans.

As for Shadow of the Day, gah, thats one of my two least favorite songs on the album and I think it's waaaaay too U2-ish, and after the WID video, they need to get away from that stigma. Plus, I think LOATR is sooooo much catchier.

I really hope they release LOATR as the next single, followed by Valentine's Day, then In Pieces, and then maybe Bleed It Out or....I guess No More Sorrow. I really don't like that song either, but not many others seem like singles to me.

I just hope they don't screw this whole thing up. I'd really like to be able to just mention LP at school without being laughed at.

Glitch

Glitch Active Member

I don't think this is true. I seem to recall Chester saying that LP knew "Leave Out All the Rest" would be a single all along (and it is, I think, the most radio-friendly song on the album), so I don't completely trust this article.

[Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

Valantines Day?

Are you high?

it's LP's worst song ever!

the next one should be No More Sorrow or Given Up, then Leave Out All The Rest then maybe urm.... I'd like it to be Bleed It Out even though it doesn't have a single-type feel to me so it'd probably be Shadow Of The Day then finish big on The Little Things Give You Away...

Valantine's Day is Linkin Park's worst song ever! then it's In Between...

Other than that this album is okay :)

(IMO)

chair

chair Member

Great choice of singles me thinks. :)

Griven Up is sure to get back those angsty rockers, and Shadow Of The Day will get in some of the 'moms.' :D I'm sure they'll both be hits though.

Leave Out All The Rest is was confired as a single (by an interview with Brad, I think.) so that really only leaves on more. My vote is for TLTGYA.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I don't like Given Up as being a single; its pretty damn heavy and maybe heavier than the radio-only single Lying From You. Linkin Park should aim for Leave Out All The Rest, In Pieces and another single as their newer singles.

Coolmax

Coolmax Member

I think both Given up and Shadow of the day are very good choices. Shadow of the day is my favorite song on the CD and given up has a lot of power and it's catchy.

Blackzmyth

Blackzmyth New Member

Bleed It Out isn't a single? I heard my local rock station play it last weekend.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

givin up would make a great single as others have said but shadow of they day...probably not, i want one of mikes songs as one of the singles, i doubt it will be in between so either hands held high or bleed it out would be great for singles

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Best LPTV so far, thats for sure. Why couldn't the rest be this good?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Given Up sounds ok but I really wasn't expecting SOTD to be a single. Bleed It Out, IMO, would have been a better choice. But lets just wait for the official news.

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

well I said valentine's day, because, as far as i can remember, one of the guys said that valentine's day would be one of the more commercial songs...or did they say poppy?

anyway, that's why i said that

anyway, i don't care which song they bring out, as long as it is NOT in between....i...like valentine's day.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

Shadow of the Day is not a good single choice. It's too much of a monotone.

If I had to pick 5...

1.) What I've Done
    2.) Leave Out All the Rest
    3.) No More Sorrow
    4.) In Pieces
    5.) Hands Held High

Why make Given Up or Bleed It Out "singles"??? They're already playing on the radio.

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

Really!!! i haven't heard it yet...or maybe i just like don't listen to any radio. Oh well if i get a chance i might listen to some radio during my roadtrip...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.