New live "costumes"?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by GigaScythe, Apr 5, 2007.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

They more or less dress in the style of the m2m cover, but not as formal. Speaking of which, anybody know what kind of jackets chester and mike wear? Theyre nice. And im tired of my Dc jacket. lol.

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

I'm split on this issue (if you can really call it that)
    I think wearing "uniforms" can really add to the show. It, literally, makes it a show, makes it theatrical.
    I saw Green Day last year and if they had come out wearing what they wore during their Nimrod days, they crowd would have responded just as warmly and loved every minute of it, but I don't think it could have lived up to the show with their "uniforms"

But, at the same time, Linkin Park are not Green Day.
    GD is more about theatrics while LP would be perfectly fine with a strobe light and a disco ball.

So I like the fact that they can come out on stage and be just normal people, dressed like normal people, doing what they love, but I also think dressing up can really help the show if its done right (both the dressing and the show)

But if Mike or Chester start wearing eye liner.......................no.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

oh my god if that happened, I'd kill my self. apart from stop listening to linkin park.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

People can be so shallow.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I don't really care. I mean, I liked that fact that they seemed like they didn't care what they wore - they were just there to play music, however, if they started dressing up for shows, I don't really care. As long as they give a good show.

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

Doesn't make much of a difference anyway...."Costumes" don't make you play better.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

theyre not costumes, they just have a certain style of dress now. Wearing all black isnt a costume... lol

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

I don't think they have costumes. It's only for the "WID" vid ithink. I can't imagine if they wear a costume like emo bands like MCR, or HH?? OMG...

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Imagine how hot chester would get screaming his guts out all show...while wearing black leather. He gets to boiling point already in his casual wear. He just about die of heat stroke up on the stage...and doing what he loves lol

Totti10

Totti10 New Member

Just saw them in Copenhagen, and it was pretty casual clothing. Chester reached his boiling point after 5-6 songs, and therefore took of his shirt, which the girls liked. The concert was great, although they only played 6, maybe 7 songs from MTM. To my big disappointment they didn't play In Pieces.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i wouldn't care what they wear but it's nice that they accompany their new sound with a new look. ;) i don't want to see them adopt a permanent style of clothing for their shows *looks accusingly at 30STM* <.< ... but it's not that big a deal to me, all the same.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Yeah Chester will still end up half naked at the end of the show whatever clothing he wears so WTF lol.