Mike: It's Not Rubin's Fault!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

You could at least indicate that that's for people who DON'T like MTM. :p

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

Or maybe he just meant "hear, hear!" :p

life_drainer_04

life_drainer_04 Member

yeah maybe you`re right...shouldn`t have said that:D...i didn`t meant to say that the new music is crap...i wanted to say that the new music is not unique anymore...i think it`s just normal music nothing special...i didn`t say i don`t like it but i didn't want this to come out of lp...anyway i still like lp alot otherwise i wouldn`t be listening to their MtM album for ...20 times maybe...thx for accpeting my post:">

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That post looks like a convuluted mess. Please use better grammar and punctuation, when typing out posts. Thank you.

life_drainer_04

life_drainer_04 Member

OK.I am sorry:|

Dean

They're still a hybrid band though. Punk, alternative rock, metal, pop, indie, hip-hop, ska, gospel, dnb, folk... all those genres are present on the album and it still sounds cohesive, to me anyway.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: lmao

About what Mike said, it's obvious he's confident with the new record and the "new style".

I don't really think they've changed their style per se, they just matured and made a record that suits today. That's what I think, anyways.

mikhailpreda

mikhailpreda Active Member

maybe the next Linkin Park album will be a new age album complete with brad playing a lyre and such

DarkEmporessKt

DarkEmporessKt Member

I like the way theyve "matured" in this album.
    It still sounds like LP, just different. I think it's better.

Brad playing a lyre would be cool though...

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

You tell em Mike.

Their old sound was legendary, but all good things must come to an end.
    I know I'll love MtM, of what all the positive feedback I've heard of it. The way i see it, they'll just keep on improving and become the next Pink Floyd with there 4th album. Perhaps better than 'The Dark Side of The moon'?
    Only Time will tell. And I think they can do it!

Nemesis23

Nemesis23 Well-Known Member

yeah, i dont get why people cant see that this was something that the band wanted to do. they were tired of getting categorized and stereotyped, and they wanted to create an album that you cant put into a category. personally, i loved hybrid theory and meteora, just something about chester singing and then mike dropping in and laying out some lines, it was awesome, but this new change is nothing to worry about, this will still be good old linkin park

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

If they wanted an album that can't be put into a category, This isn't it. I like the album, more or less, But that has to be said.

Dean

You can't categorise it any more than anything else they've recorded.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think the person meant they didn't like being categorized as nu-metal/rap-rock, not that they wanted to make something that couldn't be categorized.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

What some of you need to realize is that no matter what a band does to avoid a certain label, there's always going to be another one waiting for them. No matter how different their sound is, they're going to be labeled something else. Linkin Park simply didn't want to be categorized under Nu-Metal or Rap-Rock or whatever. They're shaking off that label with this album, but that doesn't mean that they're going to shake off the possibility of them being labeled something else.

Another thing that you guys have to realize is that labels are opinions, not necessarily a matter of fact and lie. When people call Linkin Park "Rap-Rock", that's just what they think Linkin Park sounds like. When people call The Killers "Indie", that's what they think they sound like. I call Linkin Park "Alternative Metal". What are you going to do, criticize me for my opinion on what they sound like? It's a matter of opinion.

So get over the fact that people are always going to stamp a label on the band, even if it is a different one from the usual "Nu-Metal" or "Rap-Rock" stamp. That's how people are.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Mike should accept critism. He's making a point that it was the band not Rick, but some people were also critisizing the band for this album. ~Mike should accept that were not all gonna like it.

And yes, Louis you make a good point, LP will be catorgorized under
    another labal. I never call bands any label, if I had to choose for LP, nu-metal/nu-ballad jk :p.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mike does accept criticism. I think you're misconstruing what he was saying.

jr927

jr927 New Member

I totally agree with Mike its time for something new some even though people say the songs sound like crap it doesn't matter because if your a true Linkin Park FAN you would support them in any way.

REMEMBER TRUE LP FANS MAY 15 FOR MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. I ALREADY PRE-ORDERED MY ALBUM

FROM A TRUE LINKIN PARK FAN THAT LIVES IN LAREDO, TEXAS and that has never gone to a LP Concert:(

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I agree with what he's saying. Thought I don't like all of the songs on the new album, but I appreciate the fact that they're doing something new. I did expect their sound to change with this album, if just not to challenge or match the current sound of rock radio, then at least for their own sake as musicians.

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Agreed with Mike...

I remember the band recalled a change of sound while writing Meteora, but they took the biggest stand with Minutes to Midnight...

I love the new record, I think is something deeper than just "I've been betrayed", or "It's like I'm paranoic".. (just examples)..
    The thing is that people are more arguing for Mr. Hann than because of their new sound... And yes, we all know the band is within LPA... I mean, if you think about it, after Joe made his interviwe with LPA, two after that Mike responded already..

It's a challenge to come up with a new sound and expect that people will just like it that easily... It's a matter of time..
    and What I've Done results have been more than good from what eveybody expected...

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.