'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

im loving this album...i think its brilliant!
    ok, its not a epic classic...but its a damn good record. im liking every single song, in particular leave out all the rest, valentines day and the little things give you away, i feel that they are beautiful.
    i can't wait till when (if) they release the next album, i think it may be magical after listening to this. i sure am NOT disappointed =D

awesome album by the lp boys! =) 8.5/10

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

it's obvious that it's about Bush... they'll acknowledge that

3. kng of yin yang

kng of yin yang New Member

WOW!!!! i'm really impressed. to all the people that think mike and joe aren't the album: FYI mike and joe still contribute a lot to the album, although u might not hear it. Mike does great on the harmonics and the guitars. joe is still there, yall (i'm from texas). where would the nice sound effecs in the ballads be if he wasn't there? how were the strings played? and he does other songs in the album with the turntables ex: In Pieces.

Here's what I think of the songs.

Wake- nice instrumental. much better than the Hahn turntable songs (not that he's bad. HE'S AWESOME!!!). very complicated 6/8 time signature. 4/5

Given Up- nice heavy punk song. it's just that chester's cussing is a little too excessive. the music, though, is great. man, can chester scream for a long time! 4/5

Leave Out all the Rest- My favorite song. sounds like All-American Rejects' "It ends tonight," just the A minor chord at the chorus instead of A major. It's emotional and calming, but it doesn't let go of the crashing guitars, especially noticeable at the end. what i like about it is the lyrics. it means something to me and i can connect personally like Brad Delson can. Recap: I love everything in the song. 5/5

Bleed It Out- A good song on my standards. the last air of rap-rock. quick and up-tempo. a song i would rock out an dance. 4/5

Shadow of the Day- sounds like a classic U2 song. the drums and the abient-like nature of the song. very easing and calming. an excellent song. love the progression of the nusic from just drum 'n' bass to full blown guitars at the end. i think this is the song that the TR 808 was used on. and the string effects are awesome. something i would play while i'm just chillin out. 5/5

What I've Done- huh. this song has grown somewhat old on me. overall a good song. 4/5

Hands Held High- Nice rapping (YAY Mike). i understood everyone of the lyrics and now i question the war in iraq. not sure if it was right to go in. the drums are awesome. a marching sound to it and the lyrics fit. 4/5

No More Sorrow- Nice intro to the song. loved all of it. still can't tell if it's personal or political. nice marching drums. mike sings the harmonics really well in this song. 5/5

Valentines Day- speechless (in a good way). progression to the wall of guitars at the end was nice. the end of the song reminds me of MCR's "Famous Last Words." the guitars and everything. another one of the calm songs i would just chill out to. my second favorite ballad. 5/5

In Between- Mike has a beautiful voice and yall need to respect that. he has more talent than rapping and rhythm guitar. what turns me off on this song though is that the song lacks any kind of guitar or effects. a song that i would play when i want to go to sleep. 3/5

In Pieces- The reggae sound and vibe in this song make this song really interesting. the guitar solo is fantastic. another song that uses the TR 808. the effects in this song are at there greatest point. another song with turn tables in them. love the progression of guitars 5/5

The Little Things That Give You Away- yeah. this is the one that i believe what other people say. wayyyyyy too much hype on this one. the progression is unbalanced through the 6:25 minutes of the song. the only thing i like about it was the solo. the 6/8 time signature didn't fit in with the nature of the song. overall of the song: average. 3/5

overall of the album 4.7/5.
    missing: guitars on In Between and the balanced progression on TLTTGYW

4. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Is there someone else singing the chorus on Bleed It Out along with Chester?

5. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Album is growing on me.

6. klutch

klutch New Member

be serious...

I can't believe more people are not upset about this lame album...

I was really excited and it was a big HUGE letdown...

there is like 3 songs max that are worth playing in the car. The past albums totally rocked with energy and now its gone. What made them great is gone.

Its happened to the best of bands...i e METALLICA

The magic is gone for me...

After years of waiting this?? And Rick Ruben producing it? Shameful. Its like they expected him to write the sings or guide them totally cause they are artistically bankrupt.

1. Wake - not a song, waste 1/5
    2. Given Up - boring teen angst, repetitive 2/5
    3. Leave Out All The Rest - OMG, its Third Eye Blind!!! worst song 1/5
    4. Bleed It Out - repetitive and boring 2/5
    5. Shadow Of The Day - Third Eye Blind again or a poor U2! why is LP doing pop?? 1/5
    6. What I've Done - OMG its the best song, they were doing false advertising for the rest of the album 5/5
    7. Hands Held High - OK, like Fort Minor, but poor Fort Minor, its boring! 2/5
    8. No More Sorrow - You;re not Metallica, its been played out. So so 3/5
    9. Valentine's Day - Again boring pop, no LP of old i tell you 1/5
    10. In Between - Beatles? boring... 1/5
    11. In Pieces - NOFX? pop punk! what is this??? 2/5
    12. The Little Things Give You Away boring, they sing like retards 2/5

overall 2/5

Lets be very honest, I know you guys are all fan boys of LP, but this was a big steam of crap. People will be very disappointed, i guarantee it.

Its embarrassing after releasing 2 previous masterpieces.

Oh well i just guess they are just too rich and comfortable to make kick ass music anymore.

7. Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

the more i listen to it the more i like it. as i've stated previously, it's different, but it's still good.

8. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

First off, your taste of music must be very small and it seems you're looking for HT/Meteora II so you're disappointed. Second, you say they sing like "retards" in TLTGYA? I highly think that statement is ridiculous, plus you're basically calling the band that. I smell warning coming your way. Your "review" of each is pretty lame in itself and make no sense to it. Have you really 'listened' to the album? Widen your musical horizons and you'll realize this album has some fantastic high points. If not, then yes you'll be disappointed, but you're review still won't make any sense. Anytime you say "no LP of old", that's the point; they changed their sound on purpose because they didn't want to sound like a broken record and put another album exactly the same as their previous work. And I have to completely disagree that most people on here are NOT "fan boys of LP". A majority of people on this forum are casual listeners or have actually grown out of the band over the years and listen to other things more often than not. I know I don't listen to LP near as much as I used to when they came out. I would say I'm a pretty good fan of them, but nothing more than a casual listener.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If you come in expecting the best, you should be ready to be disappointed.

Artistically bankrupt? Look at Hybrid Theory, then listen to Meteora. METEORA is being artistically bankrupt. It's HT II.

If you frequent here enough, you would know that we are NOT fan boys. One of the admins of the website doesn't even LIKE LP anymore. We're an intelligent group with our own tastes. Obviously you have yours, and that I can respect. But don't write all of us who LIKE the album off as fan boys. We have diverse tastes (mine are ridiculously so), so one man's trash is another man's treasure.

10. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Hey, just because it's the intro, an instrumental and just under 2 minutes long, it's still a song. I won't argue you calling it a waste, as we all have our own opinions, but I bet you couldn't come with anything as good as it within the same criteria [intro piece, instrumental, short], without it being a "waste".

11. KameeR

KameeR Member

alright well in my opinion..this album has its good and bad sides..one..you dont hear that much of mike nemore, but the song that you DO hear mike in is amazing..i heard In Between at the perfect time, when the lyrics meant the most to me..cuz that song is basically saying how I feel at this time..so yeah...

12. Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I look forward to you getting screwed for that...

:mellow:

heard the album...definately gonna buy it...cuz...well...I like the songs a lot...just...I know that I'll feel better about listening to them when it's coming from my CD player at home

13. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

And who the hell are you?

14. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Here's my review score for your review: -800/5

Sorry, I can respect your opinion that you don't think much of the album, but that review was one of the most unintelligent things I've read in my entire life. I'm disapointed by how radical the change was in LP's sound but I also realise that after a while bands do need to take a different approach.

I don't find the album to be bad at all, in fact I think there are some great songs on there, but I think LP has gone slightly too far in their new sound. They can't really call themselve's a dark band anymore because I find this to be a very soft and slightly upbeat album.

15. klutch

klutch New Member

I call some of you LP fan boys because you take anything that LP throws out as good. I am a huge LP fan, but not of this album.

But I am astounded that some of you are saying things like "its growing on me" with means "I'm gonna force myself to like it because I dont want my LP world to shatter"

Seriously can someone tell me what is good about it?

Revolutionary? NO
    Unique? NO
    Experimental? NO
    Catchy? NO

Totally going away from what it means to be LP? YES

LP Is RAP ROCK AND WE ALL LOVE THEM FOR THAT

They are not:
    Pink Floyd
    NOFX
    U2
    Beatles
    METALLICA
    Radiohead

All of which they are trying to imitate expect LP OF OLD.
    "What I've done" is closest to what they were, or a natural evolution. WHY IS THIS THEIR FIRST SINGLE??? THink about it. So they dont freak out the potential CD sales. Once the kids buy it they will hate it, but by that time they will have their money.

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Prepare to be torn apart.

I'm getting out of this thread because I know people are going to not like you for that post.

17. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

You are quite possibly one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of reading a post from.

18. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I love how you make so many assumptions about everybody here. The point is that there are a lot of people here that don't listen to Linkin Park anymore. Meaning that they don't listen to Meteora or even Hybrid Theory. Personally, I thought Meteora was complete shit and as a fan, I was really let down because they didn't do anything different the lyrics were flat-out terrible.

This CD, however, is a change and while a lot of people (you for one) don't accept change, they had to do it. They had to do it drastically because they don't like that kind of music anymore. The band grew up and the fans need to as well. Just because the CD is ballad-heavy, it does NOT make it a bad CD.

I can't stand people who only listen to songs because they're heavy.

19. mrbusto71

mrbusto71 Member

Do you know what the term pigeon-holed means?
    It means that by constantly re-iterating yourself through an artistic medium, you prevent future growth and prematurely stifle any ability to grow. You're just SO jaded by the fact that this album isn't Hybrid Theory 3 that you're lashing out. You're not backing up your points AT. ALL. You say the album isn't Unique? Bullshit. It's the most unique effort these guys have put out to date. If you're striving for the textbook definition of unique, then they should have made a CD where the guitars are actually Kleenex boxes with rubber bands on them while the lyrics are samples of walrus mating calls. THAT'S unique.
    You say the album isn't experimental? Bullshit. The reason you HATE the album is BECAUSE it's experimental. They tried something new, you don't like it. Tough. You say the album isn't catchy? I'll give you that, ONLY because catchy is a point of reference.

LP went for what THEY felt as a BAND they needed to do to progress. This CD was for THEM, nobody else. This is the progression they wanted to make. Think about it. How old were they when they wrote the original HT? 19? Fuckin' 20? How old are they now? 31. THIRTY-FUCKIN-ONE. Linkin Park grew up, and if you can't deal with it, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, bitching about the album being different is like bitching about finding out the world isn't flat. Just because it blows your preconceived notions of what said world should be, you can't accept it. Oh well.

20. kng of yin yang

kng of yin yang New Member

i agree with you. rap-rock has grown old on me, listening to the same stuff for 4 years. and to tell u, i'm friggin sick of it now. this album was a change. and so far i like it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.