'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

ive downloaded it....its very awesome that all im saying =D

im still gonna go out bright and early on the day of release and buy the cd

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I suggest you guys don't download it if you find where it has leaked. Support the band and wait for the actual album to be released an buy it. That's the best thing you can do.

Conjure

Conjure Active Member

Amen to that Louis.

Daniel8474

Daniel8474 Member

right guys, everyone complaining about Linkin Park losing money etc is blowing things WAY out of proportion. True, linkin park will lose some money if people dont follow up the download with a purchase, but, the money bands make from album sales is minimal. it is VERY uncommon for a band to make more than 15% from each CD Sale, just to put it in perspective for you. A rock band will make their money through touring, and merchendise, NOT through cd sales, that's the record labels money mainly.

Linkin Park got the bulk of their money through the advancement that Warner gave them before MTM, that money takes into account the predicted forecast of music sales and band popularity, which the record label will either recoup, or make a profit from in album sales.

So please guys, dont hate people and acuse them of 'ripping LP off', if LP were losing so much money, they would ask us not to download it, notice it's the record label doing all the chasing, not LP, because it's the label who know it's THEY who will lose out, not the band.

thanks

dan

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    maccadaspacka

maccadaspacka New Member

I always said I wouldn't download any of the Linkin Park stuff but it's just too tempting. I will of course buy it though.

MrT

MrT Member

I dont think the fan sites should expose this that a leak is avaialble ...So far i have found one torrent which is real it is still possible to reoport it and get it of cuz it aint that popular yet ....i am willing to help . Cuz this will be bad after all the hard work lp have done

dancingjesus

dancingjesus Member

You can download and then go buy the album later ;)

Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

Well I just listened to the whole album, and I'm somehow disappointed.
    Really.

The songs just are kind of the same. The highlight - Leave out all the rest sounds like Chester's own Be let down o_O

Not that I would be canceling my pre-order or anything but I guess this will get better by listening to it more.

orangemangoes

orangemangoes Member

has anyone embelished the theory that maybe LP did that themselves?

hmm?

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

What I am doing. I love having their CDs in my collection. Some of them I bought first then downloaded because if I rip them onto my pc it gets put into a WMA file and I HATE THAT!

;)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Technically, the best thing you can do is go see them live, since they get more money from concerts than from CDs.

sandstorm77

sandstorm77 New Member

Oh my

I must admit i could not wait. I have already preoreded my special edition. My first listen i was very dissapointed, not the old LP but nevertheless listen to it a few times. A million little peices is fantastic.:rolleyes:

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

I'm downloading it right now, but I've already preordered the CD/DVD AND the album & bonus tracks from iTunes, so I think it'll be ok.

corsabubble

corsabubble Member

my preorder is still going through........

but this is really dissapointing

Ada the Mental

Ada the Mental Member

I'll just wait for the album.I've waited 4 years, a few days are hardly a big deal.
    What surprises me, though, is that I don't even feel tempted to do it.Not at all.:confused:
    Perhaps it's because my connection is not really high and I don't have enough patience to download all these tracks.:p

JAYFAB

JAYFAB New Member

Hey guys, I downloaded it and here is my take as a long time fan

1. Its a more mature sound I would say, but its welcomed and its NICE!!
    2. Its most def a diff sound for them tough, but I like this album alot already more than Meteora.

quick notes: Bleed it out .....ROCKS!, and No more sorrow is MEAN !!!

There are some big anthem songs, that I know will KILL at their concerts.

Album gets 2 thumbs up !

Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

Wow it's leaked! I wonder who leaked it. Probably someone at warner :eek:

Well i wanted to pre-order it on amazon.de, the special edit.(cuz I'm from germany) but they can't decide if they are pre-ording or not. Yesterday u could pre-order the special edit. today u need to wait.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

I have a conundrum. I've already "bought it" as far as having paid for the pre-order special edition version, so I don't think I'd feel too bad about downloading it, but on the other hand I want to wait until the 14th or 15th to actually listen just because.

From one review on a website about someone who has heard it all already I guess, they think it's kind of a redundant and "typical rock album". I'm kind of worried now. But maybe if it doesn't strike me as amazing at first, maybe I'll enjoy it after a few more listens. That happened with the new Chevelle for me, and it's been in my cd player for about 3 weeks now.

I do think if people can wait just a few more days, then it'll be worth it. I mean you've already waited 4+ years at this point. :)

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    loco

loco New Member

I'm not gonna buy the album. Big disappointment. I'll be just buying the NMS single.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

"Shut Up" simply put. Linkin Park have always and will always SUPPORT online downloading. it's how they first were discovered, and as THEY THEMSELVES have said, it's not about selling the music, it's about people hearing the music... Besides, they are all quite financially stable by now... it doesn't matter to Chester whether her makes an additional 365 or 366 million dollars... That's why they give away DVD's and goodies to people who buy the Cd, as a reward. Personally, I'm going to download the Cd (When I find it) and then buy the CD when it comes out... Everybody wins, so stop yelling about people downloading, you can't stop them, and Linkin Park personally encourage it.

/rant off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.