Track-By-Track Analysis in Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

AHHHHHHH!! This hype and this track by track description is just killing me inside! I wish they released it sooner than May 15! lol. It's about time we get a "fuck" out of Chester..and hes gone mad! My god! And Mike singing..and Brad's solo!! DAMN! lol..u can tell im excited as hell for this.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I'm not really sure if I agree with Mike singing a song. I hope it sounds good, but from what I've heard, I, honestly, don't think he has a very good singing voice. I'm sure he probably recorded it a billion times, though, and it'll sound just fine.

The cussing disappoints me. Not that I really mind cussing, but the way it's being used is in no way a mature new LP. It sounds like their old teen angst lyrics with even more anger thrown in. I'm not sure, though.. I was just really looking forward to this album being something special lyrically.

I was disappointed with the lyrics to What I've Done at first, though, and now, the more I listen to it, I've come to think that they're perfect. I'll probably end up changing my mind about them a billion times while listening to this.

The release date is too far away it seems, but then I realize it's only a little over a month to wait. I can't believe we're finally getting this album.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

So..if Mike is singing, whats chester gonna do? This is gonna be interesting..:D

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm also hoping there will be more rapping than it seems there will be. That was always one of my favorite things about Linkin Park.

I'm still excited about the canges they're making though. It's good to see them spread their wings, after what I felt was a solid but lifeless Meteora. HT in my mind had life and energy to it, and from what we've heard MTM may be the same.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

This sounds ... AWESOME! I really have big expects about The Little Things Give You Away !

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

i really hope they're not overhyping it and i feel the same way they do about this album... but i'm pretty sure i will, so i'm VERY happy :)

yeah i hope it's still a step above "the reason" or "where'd you go?", and by that i mean it has more staying power, anger, and creativity than either of those songs

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
    underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

He's gonna rap....MC Chazy Chaz lol

maclieberman

yeah! I feel the exact same way..I really cant wait for May 15..i hate to say this, but i hope the album leaks..lol..there are "Minutes to Midnight" cd's on music programs, but they're all fake! I want the real one leaked dammit! lol.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i cant wait for the guitar solo. it better be some steve vai-ish quality.

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

I see something interesting. Everyone is all excited about the new album, new sound and many, if not all of us are wondering if they will still be the old LP. But, they revert back to what they built their band on and now we act disappointed.

"Aw man, they didn't grow up at all. They are still the same LP they were, when they made Hybrid Theory. Shucks..."

We're told some of their old elements are still in there songs and now we act disappointed. So they through in a few F-bombs as well. Who cares? I'm speculating it's purely for shock to start off the album and really change things up. I'm going to have faith the song is worth being on the album and what they did was needed in the song. Doesn't sound like it's in every song either, just one probably made this album explicit. Little confused by that though.

Anyways, nice to see some light shed on these track names. The Valentines Day leak on YouTube is more then obviously fake according to LP.

I am most looking forward to The Little Things You Give Away. This song just sounds really incredible and I cannot wait to hear the guitar solo either. I thought it was pretty cool that Brad didn't want to show off, that's why I like these guys. But this song sounds incredible and probably going to be the focal point of this album. I also am interested in In Between, this song sounds really deep.

I think after reading this it just re-confirms my beliefs about this album, definitely a powerful piece of work.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, this just proves that the little preview to Valentines Day was a fraud. " put my out of my fucking misery"

Anyhow, interesting news..so if Wake proves to be nothing more than a minute or so, essentially, we'll only be getting 11 tracks. Boo! Nevertheless, I'm still really excited about this album. Bring on May 14th!

Misi

Misi Well-Known Member

Chester : "we’re a very dark band and we like it like that"

i like those words :)

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

holy shit, yes this is what i've been waiting for man, hmmm mike singing, chester cussin, poppy song(could live without it but ok), heavier song, guitar solo. what more could we ask for other than another instrumental from joe?

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

I think Wake could easily be 2 minutes. I am hoping for an Announcement Service Public type of intro. That's more of a song then an intro.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Scan posted. Thanks to JJ87!

maclieberman

hey thanks for the scan..it looks good..cant read it very well, but thanks! :)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Oh man.. I'm excited as hell after reading this. Mike's singing, there's gonna be a guitar solo from Brad, there's even new instruments being used.. also it seems to be that Brad helped write lyrics for What I've Done..? I think that's what Mike said.

The album is sounding even more amazing by the second.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

I think doing a session or cfti is letting joe have the spotlight and they probably dont play them live. So why not spread the talent across the whole CD! Instead of having one hahn track, we are having 12 LP tracks! This is a band.

I have a feeling this album will be exactly 60:00 Minutes. It would be nice if some type of doomsday clock is on the back and the tack titles are located on the different hours.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

All the songs would have to be 5 minutes for that to happen. No way in hell. :lol:

Mel

Mel Well-Known Member

Cussing? good, Mike singing? nice, Guitar solo? what more can you ask for? Only 42 more days to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.