NHL Discussion

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Fatal, Apr 3, 2007.

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

Any NHL hockey fans here on LPA?

If so let's discuss some NHL related chat.

Playoff predictions, trades, pick-ups, teams, players in particular, goalee's, and such.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I've been saying since the beginning of the year that Nashville would win the cup, and nobody believed me. I'd be happy if they ended up first overall in the league. But I currently don't think they'll go too far (2nd round).

The winner of the cup will be from the West, though. They're just so powerful. Detroit, Nashville, San Jose, Anaheim, they're all threats. My pick for the darkhorse of the playoffs: Minnesota.

I'd just be happy if my Leafs made the playoffs, but your Rangers certainly didn't help us out. :lol: Playing 3 games in 4 nights is tough, though.

Buffalo has the skill to go all the way, but do they have the grit to be able to withstand the tight checking of the playoffs? Time will tell.

Pittsburgh has potential to do damage, too. If the Leafs don't make it in, I'm rooting for the Penguins all the way. Sidney Crosby is incredible. Fleury's a question mark too.

Vancouver has no chance unless the other team scores none or less than two goals each game.

Anyone but Ottawa. It tortures me to even conjure the thought of Daniel Alfredsson raising the cup at centre ice. I think I might be sick.

NeoMan5

NeoMan5 Active Member

i think i agree that the winner is most likely gonna be from the west... they just have more "firepower" if you ask me

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

go sens go!

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

Rangers have officially clinched a playoff spot today. :)

Flyers clinched 30th like 20 games ago. :p

Buffalo Sabres are playing with alot of talent and skill. 110 points now.

3 records were struck today:

Jaromir Jagr has 15 consecutive seasons with 30+ goals. Ties leauge record.

Sheldon Souray has gotten 19 powerplay goals for a defenseman. Most powerplay goals by a defenseman ever in the NHL.

Martin Broduer has hit the most all-time wins in a season (48) who has just beaten Bernie Parent's record (47) and Roberto Luongo (46) is on the verge of doing it also.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Dany Heatley has two 50 goal consecutive seasons!

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

I would realy like the Pens to get to round two, but I doubt that will happen.

"/Shawn08\"

"/Shawn08\" Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be great to see, but they're going to have to play better than game 1, that's for sure. Fleury can't give up 6 goals.

Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

i think buffalo is going to win the cup this year...but that's just my thought:lol:

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

...thrashers :(
    its gone all pear shaped for them...:eek:
    though they say its not over till the fat lady sings :D

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

My Rangers are taking them down at Madison Square Garden on tuesday/wednesday.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The Red Wings finally are getting their team built-up and I think the younger players are finally stepping it up in the post-season. The Flames aren't even getting a chance to score more than 1 goal a game with the Wings defense keeping them at about 15-20 shots a game. I think the Rangers should get pretty far too but here's to hoping the Wings hoist the cup!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Wings certainly have a shot. We'll just have to see how the Flames play at home. On the road this season, they won only 13 out of 41 road games. So obviously their home record had to be pretty amazing for them to get into the playoffs (albeit at the 8th spot).

This Nashville vs. San Jose series is, bar none, the most exciting in the playoffs thus far. Blinding speed, crushing hits, great goaltending, great goals, and lots of fights. What more could you ask for.

Dr. Faust

I'm going to take pleasure watching the Flames getting eliminated, going down with the once mighty Oil.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I don't think it can get any worse after getting outshot 51-15. :lol:

Chris.

Man those Calgary fans are out of control. The crowd was so insane! Needless to say, the Flames took game 3, 3-2, but I'm still confident that the Wings will take the series in 5 games.

Dr. Faust

Wow, Atlanta disappointed.

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

Same, I mean the build up to the playoffs seemed so promising, then they go and get white-washed! :(

Chris.

Well, now that the Wings finally moved past Calgary, their next match-up shouldn't be too hard. Especially since they out-shot Calgary by well over 100 shots. The only problem was Kiprusoff stopping just about everything.

By the way: I thought what Calgary did when they lost 5-1 was extremely childish and any professional athlete should not even think about acting that way. It was ridiculous.

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Well the Dallas Stars vs Vancouver Canucks just started their game, finishing the 3-3 tie. Im rooting for the Canucks no problem, but if they do beat the Stars, I doubt theyll get the cup 'cause all they ever do is rely on Roberto Luongo.

GO CANUCKS GO!