New Ringtone Picks Up Where We Left Off

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dude, please do not take a picture of you taking a shit.

I will be banning you for that :lol:.

2. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I would only have my excited half-constipated smile holding Minutes To Midnight with my headphones on and a good shot of the toilet behind me so you know where I'm at. Nothing from the nipples down!

3. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

I wonder if there will be any swearing on the new album?? I hope ill get to ask mike when he comes to chat with fort minor?? But im so excited for the new LP Album! i think we'll be all shitting ourseleves when we hear this new record :)

4. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I will be. Literally.

And there is a clean version of the album being advertised, so there probably will be swearing. Not confirmed yet, though. We probably won't know until more album information is provided.

5. Kobe #24

Kobe #24 Well-Known Member

9 days left!

6. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

I thought it was 7?

7. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Watch... I'll be right.

8. EdGreene

Well 7's the official number in my book. If it happens before then great but I really don't care anymore. When I hear it I hear it and will savor every morsel.

9. Kobe #24

Kobe #24 Well-Known Member

hmmm maybe its 8. haha i dont even know anymore. all i know is its in single digits now

10. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure that's Mike in the backround.

I like how people are saying that Mike won't be involved in the band anymore because he's probably going to be rapping less. People, he CO-PRODUCED the album. He probably created 75% of the songs on the new album.

Without Mike, who knows where LP would be. Even though Chester is the lead vocalist, it's safe to say Mike is the frontman of Linkn Park. He is the most involved with the fans, he crafts every song, and does the artwork.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  11. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think it's only been said that he won't contribute as much vocally. I've made a point in all of my posts about that that I specifically say I'm referring to vocal contribution. I said it doesn't matter, because he's been busy, and will be busy, playing tons of instruments on this album. He's contributing, definitely, the question is how much he'll be contributing vocally.

12. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I agree 100%. Mike is also more involved with the audience at shows and really gets the crowds going, moreso than Chester does. I really can't wait to hear what Mike's contribution, vocally, to this CD is going to be like.

13. Paul

Does it really matter how much he contributes vocally? Most of LP's best songs doesn't feature Mike that much on the vocals (Breaking The Habit, Crawling, My December, etc..)

I'm not saying that Mike rapping is bad, because the other half of LP's best songs DOES feature Mike on vocals (Papercut, In The End, etc...)

All I'm saying is that if Mike isn't on the mic as much as he used to be, it won't really bother me. If they want to get rid of the whole "Rap-Rock" label, toning down Mike's rapping is mandatory.

14. EdGreene

Although I like his soft rapping like in From the Inside, maybe they will have morer of that instead of out and out rap verses.

15. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I know. If you've read my posts, I've said that it doesn't really bother me if Mike doesn't contribute as much vocally. I know how much work Mike has put into this album, and I think he'll be very busy during the live shows doing other stuff.

EDIT: But, I would like to add, I'm 100% confident that he will contribute a lot vocally. I just can't imagine an whole album going by with Mike saying "no no no". (If that's even him.)

16. Paul

I wasn't aiming that post at you, I was speaking in general.

I'm sorry, I should've made that clear in my post. :)

17. B_Jeezy13

B_Jeezy13 Member

Originally Posted by erasethepain
    He meant not layering vocals over each other. Meaning singing the same thing a little deeper or the same multiple times to make it different/deeper/we. there would be no point in mike singing if he doesnt have a different style than chester. this is clearly chester, you just want it to be mike and cant accept it.

Well if you don't think it is Mike i will reccomend my hearing doctor, he's great ;)

Edit: Yea defintley would have done a quote...but apparantly the check box won't work for me...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  18. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think I need to visit them.

19. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I dunno, the voice in the background pretty clearly sounds like Mike to me. Especially since Mike has stated in one of the MTM interviews that they aren't tripling their vocals or anything.

20. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Yeah.. it's probably Mike. But, like I said earlier, it doesn't matter, because it will be Mike anyway when they play live shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.