Halloween Meets Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

ok i really liked that...

Mike did that already with Fort Minor's first single...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

But that wasn't just giving the clips to us to put together... that was giving us the clips in a fashion that you didn't have to figure out what went where... it already looped in a way that no work was needed other than waiting for the next layer to be released.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think that's going to serve as the song's closing piece that leads into Joe and Mike's instrumental song on the album, to be honest.

The piano is reminiscent of the guitar from the end of the clip, so I've got a feeling the guitar is going to fade into the piano, and slowly end the song.

Rob's percussion is what makes me think that. There's no base or snare: just a hi-hat opening and closing and his sticks banging against each other.

His drum sticks.

So, I think it's the ending of the song. I could be wrong, but we won't know until April 2nd.

fosto

fosto Member

I'm no drummer, but I could swear that I heard snare and toms in alternate beats during the clip....could an actual drummer comment on this?

LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

That sounded so awesome, but it's so tempting!!!! I can't wait for two months!!!!:eek: :eek:

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I like it. It's very haunting and I think it would serve as an awesome intro.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

And um youre remix makes no sence...rob is playing the drums in clip of what ive done and in the piano version hes hitting his drums...so he cant be playing drums and hitting on his sticks at the same time?? lol i think that is the intro to the song..and the beggining is just fadded into the previous track. Thats what i think but thats jsut me :)

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

The music sounds so haunting, spooky, dark in a friendly way (not overdone with extremes) and has a tune that I really take interest into it. For some reason I can already feel that the album will surpass the legacy of both Hybrid Theory and Meteora... Maybe its just a thought, but eh.

fosto

fosto Member

huh?
    lol well i know there are other songs where joe would be assisting with adding the accent beats for rob... actually a lot of bands have a drum machine playback an overlying accented beat....
    and remember, the 'remix' or w/e u call it, that i made is just something i did for fun....
    and since when did music have to make any sense?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I agree. It definitely sounds like an outro of the song, going into the next track.

I'm really digging it though.

Chriznis

Chriznis Member

almost sounded like a polyphonic ringtone there or sumthing..w/e...its still badass!!

darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

I think it's the outro of What I've Done.Because it makes sense.It sounds like a clock ticking down.It would set the pace for the rest of the album.I'm willing to bet that they have an intro song where it's just fx or maybe a short song and then it goes to what Iv'e done which sets the clock for the rest of the album.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Iunno about that...it might be the intro to the song...cuz the beggning might be the end of the previous track? iuno i cant really tell until the final piece.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Hmmm, it really could go anywhere in the song. But I don't think its the intro, you can hear the guitars fading in.
    Sounds awesome though, this song just gets better. Still pop-rock? :p
    :cloud:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i don't know about you but that clcking sound in this loop i making me ansious...

tic tac tic tac

*counting down the minutes to midnight*

actually i thought they were going too use a sample of a clock ticking, not actually play it, so they were serious about organic sound...

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Hey thats a good point, it does sound like a clock ticking.
    :cloud:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm talking about in the piano loop. The only things you hear are the hi-hat and his sticks banging against each other.

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

do you think Linkin Park will release more layers of the track every time a certain amount of minutes have passed by?

just a thought.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

that is probably a big "no". they are just getting us pumped for it to be released in a few weeks. this will probably be the last teaser on the song until it comes out [or leaks]

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

Nice, I can hear the Minutes to Midnght kind of sound :lol: kind of ery (I think I spelt that wrong. meh)

This is just a guess but I reckon this song will sounds like numb or a bit like crawling and I'm guessing the lyrics will go (Chester)"In this farewell there's no blood, there's no alibi (Mike) No alibi" but it would be soft and harmonising

I think I'm wrong :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.