What Has Verizon Done? Clip of Single Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well...in all honesty, they should just do whatever the hell they want from now on. There's no need to cater to anybody, even if it's to the fans.

2. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

In my opinion I don't think they're any better than the lyrics in the chorus of "Somewhere I Belong."

3. The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

I Wonder If Mike Raps In This Song?? And my opinion... im honestly addicted to it i dont care what anyone says! i havent heard a new linkin park song in 4 freaking years! and im just glad the boys are back and come back into the music scene and show how theyve grown up and matured and show everyone the new direction there taking. Ive been a linkin park fan since hybrid theory when they talked about like when they were kids and high school and stupid stuff like that. Now im almost 19 and i dont want hear about " it doesnt even matter how hard you try" lol! i mean come on! im not going to judge the WHOLE album based on this but i really like the guitar..it sounds like when brad remixed WYG from fort minor lol But anyways.. i wonder if mikes going to rap in this song? i hope its not all chester...maybe mike says a bridge or something i really cant tell and i wonder if theres any like electronic beats while hes rapping..like lying from you? i uno! i really cant tell lol

4. Casket

Casket New Member

Peronally I like the clip alot. As far as maturing with there lyrics I don't think anyone can say they have or they haven't because everyone interprets there own meanings from lyrics. It could be very mature to Chester or Mike. I don't think symplicaty has anything to do with it. You could have the most simple of lyrics mean the most important things via (I'm Breaking the Habbit Tonight...) But yeah I also think if Linkin Park changed there sound they did it because they wanted to not for the fan base. Don't get me wrong I know LP loves there fans but first and foremost you must make music for you. And I think this progression is where they wanted to go with it. They have said they thought this was some of there best stuff and that is what should matter. Not everyone will like it. But there will be the people who will LOVE IT(like me lol) As far as the sound of "What I've Done" I think the guitar and drums sound very melody base driven and chesters vocals are personally to me some of the best sounded I have hard him do yet (next to "My December") Even if every song on the CD sounded like this(which I doubt it will) I think I would still love it. I can't wait for this new cd...MAY 15TH!!!!

Josh

5. ArisLP

ArisLP Active Member

f****** awesome.that was great.can't wait.

6. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I don't think there is a song with worse lyrics than that song.

7. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't agree at all. Well, SIB may not have the BEST LP lyrics, but that doesn't mean the lyrics sucked completely. It was pretty decent actually.

8. Ant

Ant Ambient

Reminded me of that too, but I like the sound of this more.

9. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I just had a thought - Why doesn't someone go on the Verizon site and buy the whole song?

10. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

o_O

Isn't the buyable thing, the clip? There'd be little point in having a full-song ringtone.

11. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Well I don't know but I would've thought Verizon would be smart enough to figure that a lot of people could rip anything they put on a site and just copy it onto their phones. I know I can.

I presume though that if what you bought on Verizon was the full thing, we'd have an mp3 by now.

12. darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

Lyrics

This is how I feel.Linkin Park lyrics have always been simple.But they really get the job done.The dilivery of the lyrics melodie wise and rapping wise have always been a step up.If the lyrics remain like this, then I'm alright with it.I feel they hit a broader spectrum of people when they do it.Because when you get down to the bare bones of something, it is relatively simple.It is when a fan hears the song and ties himself/herself to it it just becomes that more complex.Linkin park songs meanings are like variables.You just fill it with what you want.I have my faith in these guys.They know how to make good music.

1. stand.
    2. Bleed It Out
    3. Get Through
    4. What I've Done
    5. In This World
    6. The Little Things Give You Away
    7. Hold Nothing Back
    8. Over The Top
    9. Promise
    10. Real Life
    11. Afraid This Time
    12. 2.World
    13. Until The End
    14. Collapsing The Unit
    15. We Use the Pain
    16. One Perfect Something

This tracklist seems to echo and I'm willing to believe atleast most of this if not all is the track list.Of course some A** hole could have just made that up trying to make me look like a D***.I just can't wait to atleast hear a full song.Really any song.But I want to hear Chesters favorate, the little things give you away.He says there is a sick breakdown in there.Another thing, the band does not pick out the singles.So yeah.I think they put this single out first to appeal to people that listen to softer music with soft subject matter.But I think they will mov onto a heavier single and so fourth.I can't believe they filmed a video for what I've done.I just love the titlle.To me, that sounds like linking park you know?I think we are going to see some beautiful songs here folks.Because the fact that What I've done has that guitar part at the end really shows them stepping up.It's going to be interesting to hear a song from linkin park that has a solo.I'm sure there will be some heavy songs because these dudes have been in a despute with warner brothers, I think chester remaried but I'm not sure.Like after going through alot of the things they have during the writing process, you have to have a heavy song or heavy elements you know?To me the weather soft or heavy or middle, linkin Park always does it great.So that's why I feel I am not like other bloggers just wanting to get to the "good stuff".Because I feel this is the good stuff.ButI can see where they are commming from.Alot of fans just liked there heavier songs and would skip tracks like easier to run or my december.So in all fairness I am not mocking them.We are all LP fans.But I'm comming from the point of this album is going to do it for me.And not just a few select songs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  13. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

this is along the lines of what i expected, dont know if i'm happy, i'll have to hear the rest of the song, and for that matter, the rest of the CD, but sounds different at least, and i'm glad they're thinking progressively.

14. NicoOrc

NicoOrc Member

It is just impossible to know how good/bad the song and album will be. It is just 30 sec!! How can you then say that it sucks? How can you say the lyrics suck??
    All I you can hear, is that Chesters voice has improved and Brads guitaring too.

What is wrong with poprock? Ever listened to Numb, Breaking the Habit and In The End? All 3 (great) singles and all 3 poprock, GREAT poprock.

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

See: Live in Texas, Pushing Me Away Remix.

16. darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

Mike can't sing?Kayce is right.Check out Pushing me away remis on live and texas.Better yet check out some fortminor shows.Of course Mike is no Chester but he can add to a melody.But back to that song Pushing me away remix from Live In Texas, the first time I heard Mike sing that I was like wow.I didn't expect that.Also, Chester can rap too.I love these guys seriously.lol
    I just hope they haven't dropped turntablism because that always added a sick element.Like from the inside before a chorus or the breakdown of figure .09 which I never understood the title to that song.And seriusly I am amongst the biggest Lp fans.Please someone school me.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I've seen it and I really don't call it "singing" (no offence Mike)

18. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

what do you call it then? its singing in my book..

19. Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

Though it was just a short clip but guess what?
    It is FREAKING TEMPTING, MAN!

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, even if you don't call it singing, looks like you're gonna have to deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.