What if LP Unplugged?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cuidado314, Mar 9, 2007.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

I just bought Korn's Unplugged album, and I was wondering '''What if LP unplugged?'''

I mean, Korn seems alot heavier and deeper than LP, and by releasing the Unplugged album, it just proves that their music is strong enough for them to unplug. I guess what I'm gettin at is does anyone think that Linkin Park would have the same effect if they were to someday release an 'unplugged' album?

I've heard the piano versions of the songs, and I've got the Orchestral Tributes to them, and they're so melodic, with or without the words being sung. I just wonder what it would be like with acoustics. It'd be interesting to hear Mike's raps without the strong beats backing him as it is almost needed in hiphop, or Chester's screams without the blaring guitars.

Just a thought. Be nice. :whistling :D

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't know... It might be cool if they put a lot effort into it.

LPArabia

LPArabia Active Member

I think LP's will have something similar to "Numb" in the next album..Numb brought a load of new fans to LP cuz it's not heavy or something. so most propaply they will have this "bait" song on this album to convert pop fans to rock.

it just came to my mind, don't push.:lol:

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

LP Unplugged would sound awesome .

I think it's all on Chester's voice, He can do it great unplugged.

Great unplugged songs would be Pushing Me Away, Crawling, Easier To Run, Breaking the Habit and Numb.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

They did an acoustic show in 2001, they just never made a cd out of it and frankly recycled material from Lp is geting kind of old. So this idea is an old one they already used.

lragnarok11

lragnarok11 Active Member

I think unplugged will be a great idea for the band to try out.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wasn't even a full acoustic show, they did 3 songs acoustic (Plus Brad played the intro to APFMH on acoustic guitar before switching to electric for the rest of the song) during their set at KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2001.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Well, we've already hear we're getting at least one acoustic guitar riff on the new album, so, looks like we're gonna be hearing some acoustic stuff whether everyone wants it or not :p
    :cloud:

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

if they did that, it would be just more exposure - which almost killed them in 2003-2005 lol

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

unplugged would be great, and i reckon the best songs would be the ones that aren't too rockish, like in the end, breaking the habit and numb which brought millions of fans to lp. that sometiems pisses me off that some/most people only know linkin park by those three songs.

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

It's just not possible with most of LP's songs. Screaming would ruin the calm feel of acoustic songs. Rap could be done if Rob puts in a good hip-hop beat. What would Joe do?

lief92

lief92 Well-Known Member

very true. i think that joe would have to use a record player and try to scratch on that. lol:lol: . or maybe he can scratch on some wooden discs.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, Cobain screamed at the Nirvana Unplugged show... why not LP?

I think they should do it, just so we can get a good audio of Chester covering Jane Says. :lol:

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

LINKIN PARK UNPLUGGED

01. Papercut
    02. Pushing Me Away (piano)
    03. Breaking the Habit (piano)
    04. My December (piano)
    05. Numb
    06. Easier to Run
    07. A Place for My Head
    08. Somewhere I Belong
    09. Points of Authority
    10. KRWLNG Intro -> Crawling (feat. Aaron Lewis)
    11. In the End

It can be done :p Papercut could lead it off, I know LP could go into that acoustically pretty well. The next 3 are easy to do...just do the piano renditions of all 3. I'd rather have a piano version of PMA than an acoustic version. Numb can be done. It'd be pretty funky, but I know if Crawling can be done, Numb can be done. Easier to Run is the one everyone thinks can be done acoustically, so lets see it. It's soft and I think it'd work. The next one, APFMH would be a test. Chester couldn't scream on it, he would have to adapt to the instruments like Jon did for Korn Unplugged and just either whisper parts of it or softly say them. APFMH will work if you think about it. Next, I'd like to see SIB done acoustically. The chorus seems really interesting to me. Points of Authority...that's just thrown in for the hell of it because the intro is soft and I can actually picture the acoustic guitar on that. It'd sound ok. Then do a KRWLNG orchestra intro into Crawling and have maybe Aaron come out. End it with In the End acoustic.

I'd kill for that CD :p

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

he doesn't need to scream...you don't get the concept of an acoustic album...EVERYTHING calms down , not just the guitars...mike's rapping would have to be a lot slower,and chester would have to sing the screaming parts...also...brad would have to do some strumming on his guitar,not just playing chords...numb would sound great like that

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

unplugged by lp would definitely be sick. i know a lot of people love lp for their hard side, but i think showing off more of their melodic, softer/acoustic side through an unplugged set would be very well done and further establish the band's versatlity. it's already evident through their variety of tracks and live performances.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i would like to see them unplugged...