'Minutes to Midnight' & New Single Confirmed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Finally actual news rather than "it's different sounding"
    'm excited that there's a release date set in stone rather than approximates so now we have to wait on LPTVs to start coming up.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

You can expect to hear the first piece of brand new music starting on April 2, when the new single "What I've Done" will be released.

from the LP newsletter, damn FINNALY THEY TELL US, and the album title sounds really nice, it flows good

cannot wait

culdadoo

culdadoo Member

when i click "enter" i get to the lp "under construction" site as whe have seen for a very long time. by the way i like the countdown clo:D

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I was just watching TRL, and one of the news girls said that Linkin Park will announce a new tour next month with an "unmissable" line-up. This should be very interesting.

ArisLP

ArisLP Active Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.FINALLY.MAY14th

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.FINALLY.MAY14th.I CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Hell yes! Hopefully it's a U.S. tour.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

So in the next three months I'm getting new LP, Chester with Young Buck, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Movie, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie, the NCAA Basektball tournament, possibly a Wii, a pass to my junior year in college...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidou

kidou New Member

How long does it take to get the new site running? I'm getting bored with that under construction one.
    But at least I now see the countdown thingy. Some progress. It looks pretty cool.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

This has really got me excited. May is going to be the greatest month ever.

And as for the tour, if Linkin Park really brings along a band named Coheed & Cambria as has been rumored, I cannot miss it.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well, it was rumored about 2-3 months ago that My Chemical Romance was going to be on the Projekt Revolution bill.

So who knows. I'm pretty sure the tour that they'd be announcing would be Projekt Revolution considering the time frame that they have.

EDIT: As far as Coheed goes, they're doing Warped Tour. They won't have enough time to do both tours.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

YES, FUCK YES.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The most recent rumor of a PR07 tour I've heard of had a lineup of LP, MCR, Taking Back Sunday, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. That apparently came from one of the people that works with MCR on their messageboard, but I wouldn't take that as trustworthy. Not a very good lineup IMO anyway.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Bummer, I was really hoping for Co&Ca. All those bands are fine, but seem so far below the level that we've come to expect from Linkin Park.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah I was excited for Coheed too. They really were offered the slot but they've recently been confirmed for this year's warped tour.

kevin515

kevin515 Active Member

The new site is working for IE. It shows you a blank black page for like 5 seconds then brings up the Minutes to Midnight ticker.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

The title is a new direction and the new logo is pretty damn sweet. So far so good...

fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

Billboard.com Article

After 14 months in the studio, Linkin Park has set a May 15 release date for its new Warner Bros. album, "Minutes to Midnight." First single "What I've Done" hits radio on April 2; the band recently shot a video for the track in the California desert, directed by DJ Joseph Hahn.

"This was a year-and-a-half long process of really hard work and experimentation in the studio that yielded about 150 rough songs," guitarist Brad Delson tells Billboard.com. The band recorded 17 tracks and is now whittling down which ones will make the final cut. "Not only is this album incredibly diverse, but the depth of the material is really strong,” Delson says.

Delson is particularly high on "The Little Things Give You Away," which he says is "the song of which I'm probably most proud that we've ever done." Another cut, "Bleed It Out," sports "Motown drums, almost '80s rock guitar, rapping and an early hip-hop influence in terms of how it was recorded. I think it will be really fun to play live," he says.

"Minutes to Midnight" will also include a track with two current working titles ("When My Time Comes" or "Leave Out All the Rest") that Delson describes as "a really moody, almost electronic-based song. Lyrically, I can definitively say this is our strongest record, and in particular, this song I really connect to personally. I think it's a really touching song."

The new album was co-produced by group member Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin. "He can hear a rough idea, then point you in a direction like, 'Check out this score by Ennio Morricone,'" Delson says of Rubin. "You'll listen to it and you'll go, 'That totally jarred my imagination.' He was an incredibly helpful guy throughout the whole process."

With "Minutes to Midnight" finally complete, Linkin Park is already in rehearsals for an extensive tour slate, beginning with a May 6 appearance at New Jersey's Bamboozle Festival. Delson declined to reveal specifics, but Billboard.com has learned the band will reprise its Projekt Revolution tour later this summer alongside My Chemical Romance.

"I always get into this fight with Mike in the studio, where it's like, 'Oh, just add another guitar part,'" Delson says with a laugh. "And he'll be like, 'But we're not going to be able to play that live.' I say, 'Dude, don't worry about it. It sounds good.' But now we're in rehearsal and we're stuck with these stupid decisions we've made, where parts are almost impossible to play. Some songs, Mike is literally moving back and forth between an acoustic guitar, an organ, an electric guitar, and singing. We have our work cut out for us but they've been sounding great."

kidou

kidou New Member

Man that sounds cool! Now I'm really awaiting to hear the new album.

EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Cool. Were'd ya find that?

EDIT: Nevermind looked closer at the top.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
    KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

Niiice.
    I could tell this is gonna kick ass!:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.