Biggest Letdown of 2006

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jan 3, 2007.

Ark

Ark Active Member

I definitely agree with the AVA... "life-changing experience" my ass, it was boring.

Evanescence wasn't too great, either, but at least it didn't completely suck.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I must've been the only one who really favored The Open Door.

Wow. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Evanescence's The Open Door was a huge disappointment. Fallen had an atmosphere. The Open Door seems way too forced and cliché.

Hoobastank's Every Man for Himself was just awful.

Papa Roach's The Paramour Sessions wasn't really my cup of tea. I didn't like the majority of the songs at all. I don't know why.

Angels and Airwaves' We Don't Need to Whisper sounded like every other pop-punk band out there, with a little more atmosphere. I didn't like it at all.

Killswitch Engage's As Daylight Dies was amazing at first, but I don't care for it so much anymore. It's good, but every album before it was better (except The End of Heartache).

Breaking Benjamin's Phobia wasn't that good. I wish they'd go back to their Saturate days instead of their radio-friendly rock.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

there album preview of it topped the album itself.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

The Crusade.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

Trivium - The Crusade was a huge letdown for me.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

....The Crusade. It wasn't an overly bad album per se, it just wasn't anywhere near as good as Ascendancy. then again, that was always going to be a tough album to follow up. But Matt needs to scream! The Crusade just sounds like a Metallica album IMO. I'm sincerely hoping Trivium play more songs from Ascendancy than The Crusade when i go to Big Day out next month.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Blue October's Foiled.

AFI's Decemberunderground. It was continuing in the STS vein (which isn't a bad thing) but the lyrics weren't up to par. As usual, the drum and bass were spectacular, but I was sorely disappointed by Davey's vocals.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

It Dies Today- Sirens.

like, i know that Nick's voice got all sorts of screwed up, but all of the songs sound the same. The only good songs on the cd were "Sacred Heart(Sacre Coeur)" and "On The Road(To Damnation)". After such a solid release like Caitiff Choir, and the rerelease of CC with Forever Scorned and the Depeche Mode cover for Masters of Horror on it...I was expecting something a bit more...aggressive?

It sounds like Nick is barely getting his old screaming voice back, but on CC he sounded like a demon. He sounds like a whining little emocore kid on Sirens. And that makes Rachel very sad.

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

Hoobastank and Trivium for me

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

AFI- Decemberunderground. Honestly, I don't really like how emo they've become lately, but Sing The Sorrow was still a good album. Decemberunderground's lyrics weren't as good as they could have been, and none of the songs really clicked with me (except for "Miss Murder", which I'm sick of).

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Trivium - The Crusade, definitely.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

yeh man :)

Testament

the new Rob Zombie disappointed me a bit, come to think of it.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

lostprophets "Liberation Transmission", Hoobastank "Every Man For Himself" and Tom Delonge's overhyped project that quite possibly was more overhyped than Chinese Democracy will ever be for the next 20 years: AVA (only thing it inspired me to do was hit the stop button).

Testament

come to think of it, Christ Illusion disappointed me, but at the same time it didn't, because all of their albums since 1991 have sucked.

come to think of it, they only really made 4 good albums.

ECU Tekkie

ECU Tekkie Well-Known Member

Evanescence - The Open Door:

Actually, my girlfriend loves Evanescence, and even she was extremely let down by the new album. After a while, she said it grew on her, but I still feel like there is something really missing to the album. It feels really incomplete and lacks a lot of the good dark and melodic style Amy used in Fallen.

Crossfade - Falling Away:

When I saw Crossfade live a year ago, the energy and pure power they produced on stage matched what I expected when I listened to their album. After hearing Falling Away, I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. It's not hard enough for me, and seems like they're kind of moving towards a more 3 Doors Down style, which they could never pull off.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

That's the reason why I love the +44 album.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

i'd say the Crusade sucked big time.....i mean it was a photocopy of any damn metallica album....i had hopes from this band but not anymore

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Jay-Z - Kingdom Come. He set the bar too high making it so anything less than a near classic would be a disappointment. After about half way through, most of the remaining tracks are throwaways

Evanescence - The Open Door. Recycled garbage to me. I loved the entire Fallen album but this has only a couple listenable tracks.