i am ghost

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Oct 3, 2006.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

i am ghost is a post-hardcore band from Long Beach, California. Their debut album, Lovers' Requiem, will be released October 10, 2006. Lovers' Requiem can be streamed from the band's MySpace profile.

For those of you who've heard i am ghost, what are your opinions?

Personally, I like them a lot. They don't have too much screaming, which is alright. They're pretty adept musically, but they're not going to blow you away if you're looking for something completely different from what's dominating the "scene." They've got a sound similar to Scary Kids Scaring Kids, without nearly as much synthesizer action going on. Their lyrics might turn some away, as they're pretty macabre. But what did you expect with a name like i am ghost? (I guess I can't make that argument since I expected Scary Kids Scaring Kids to have really stupid music and they don't—haha.) They've even got some female vocals thrown into the mix (at least, I hope they're female vocals). Personally, I love their new album, but I'm a huge fan of the post-hardcore genre as it is, so my opinion's probably a little biased.

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

I just recently got into these guys, and in my opinion, they are really good.

But I'm pretty sure this isn't there debut album... I believe they had one come out sometime ago called "We Are Always Searching" or something. ;D

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I love them. I found Lover's Requiem while I was searching for MCR's new CD (because it said they resembled each other) and it turned out to be pretty good. I love the fact that they're heavy but they don't scream all the time like a lot of bands.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That was an EP. Epitaph re-released it with extra tracks, making it album-length, but it's still classified as an EP.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

They sound cool.
    I'll check them out.
    as well as Scary Kids Scaring Kids, though I think I've heard them before and didn't care for them.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I own the "We Are Always Searching" EP/CD/whatever you want to call it. I haven't listened to it that much though. I probably should. *shrugs*

Good band though.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Favs songs

This is home
    We are always searching
    Killer likes candy
    beyond the hourglass