North Korea Threatens Nuclear Attack

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

We've been in Afghanistan since 9/11, which at first I supported, but now I don't, since Bush even said himself we completely gave up on Bin Laden and now we're just there "liberating" the people. And no, he hasn't gotten everything he wanted from Iraq. He wanted us to go into Iraq and turn it into a democracy with a booming economy and make the country a vacation spot for Americans. He wanted the Iraqis to have a reliable source of electricity and clean, running water, and match the US in technology. He thought our presence would immediately cause all violence in the country to cease, and Iraqis would join Americans in song and dance in celebration of Little America. He thought all we had to do was capture Saddam and that would happen. He thought our presence over there would make the world love us for bringing our democracy and western ideologies to Iraq. And more importantly, he wanted to boost his tanking approval rating. Here we are, nearly 3 years after Saddam's capture, and Iraq is worse off than it was before we went in there. Violence is at an all time high, living conditions are even shittier, and I certainly don't see Iraqis and Americans singing in celebration. Less than 30% of Americans approve of his job as president, and the rest of the world hates us. It seems Bush forgot his 6 P's: Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well if North Korea attack, there fucked cause everyone else will rain down a world of pain around them:p

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah but if they attack the US with a nuclear bomb, the entire eastern side will be fucked either instantly or by the strong radiation that will follow for months and years and decades to come.

Look at Hiroshima. Do we want history to repeat itself?

Although I'd admit it'd be ironic for us to get what we gave to Hiroshima over 40 years ago.

Todd

It would hit the west coast, and with some of the crap coming out of LA lately (Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, ect) I don't think getting hit would be all that bad :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm happy I live in farthest-east city in North America. :p

While I do agree that Kim Jon Il would be stupid to send off a missile and provoke the world, I don't think he really cares about the consequences of his actions. He'd probably rather go down in history as a martyr in defiance of the US instead of peacefully disarming.

That being said, can anybody justify the US retaliating with a nuclear bomb of their own?

Derek

Call me horrible, but I think the sooner someone puts a bullet in Kim Jong's head, the sooner we can put all this behind us and leave peacefully.

Really. The guy's an asshole. Even his own people dont like him because he has no respect for them. It most be 'ronery' at the top. (See: Team America).

Todd

Putting a bullet in his head will only create more problems. Whoever would follow him as dictator would now have a reason to attack...revenge. Right now, Kim Jong Il has no reason to attack and won't because he knows how fucked he would be if he did launch a missile at us. But some crazy whackjob who takes his place might just consider the downfall of North Korea as a small price to pay for nuking the US for revenge. So for now, just let him be his ronery self, he may be insane, but I doubt he has any intention of actually harming anyone.

Derek

I don't know, it's just Bush made a huge stink about how Saddam treated his people, and yes while it was bad..Kim Jong is the true meaning of a dictator.

I'm for the liberation of those people, but I know Bush staging one of his liberation wars would probably spell death for us all.

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Well, has anyone, including the asshole himself, thought about the consequences to the rest of Asia, especially the countries closeby? Plus, if Bush spies another 'terror-striken dictatorized country' in N.Korea, then they're fucked. And if US launches a nuke back, it's not just N.K. that will suffer, but all the other countries nearby too. And then, soon it'll build up, sides will be taken, and goodness knows WHAT will happen next. I doubt even the N.A.M. countries will be a ble to stay out of it. I mean, look at India and Pakistan's affiliations with Bush already. Pak more, obviously, but Bush's frequent visit's her make me nervous...

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

Depends who china are siding with, because very soon they will be the superpower..

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

So this is basically a case of "If we show them respect, they'll show us respect" just like how the entire world should work in all situations?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Even though Jong's an asshole, he's not that dumb to just randomly launch a nuke at the US. He's basically saying "we'll come after you if you come after us first." And of course, Bush is taking it as a major threat and acting like we should do everything in our power to stop them (Heaven forbid any other country have a nuclear program!). So in other words, Bush is putting us all at risk by being a bullheaded idiot.

This is starting to look like a second Cold War almost, neither country ever attacking the other, but both countries constantly watching each other out of paranoia.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Well don't be mistaken.I'm not saying that all that bush has done is good for you but then has any terror attack taken place on US soil after 9/11?He has been effective at avoiding those.

Even though you may not agree with him but consider this-India has the second largest casuality per year due to terror attacks(after iraq).But our government is too soft and letting those assholes go scot-free.Thats why attacks keep taking place in Kashmir and more recently in Bombay.This problem has existed since 1990 but nothing has ever been done.You should be thankful that you can live peacefully in your home because of bush.

Befor the admins jump to any sort of conclusion i'm not saying that what bush has done in iraq and afghanistan is justifiable but still hez been good at protecting you guys in the states

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

hun, this is different. and plus when you think about when the conflict began it is just some hilarious bullshit and you think `so this is the reason we are fighting?`.
    This is different, and as Bush said it is sort of like `the world being attacked by Korean tyrant and her allies`. Being here in Japan, and during the time when this happened people were not extremely angry as they should have been, they were dissapointed. Korea, China and Taiwan have not been friendly with Japan for a long time, but Japan tries to be very diplomatic and ignores that. It acts like it is best chums with these countries or something (well ignoring Bush`s and Koizumi`s champagne parties). I hope though the the `right conclusion` occurs.
    bytheway, they don`t live peacefully because Bush is their president, but because they are still number ones.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yeah money can buy security, but how long will it last? Bush hasn't done a good job of protecting the US, he's made it even more dangerous for the country on the global stage! If he tries some more diplomacy he mightend up helping his country for once.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You know what, I spent two weeks in America recently and I have to say that you lot are being almost made to fear everything. I'm not saying it's your fault at all or anything like that but my advice to you is to not fear anything anyone says about attacking and whatever no matter what source its coming from, just think positivly, your country seems so enthusiastic about your army that even if an attack was to take place it would probably be foiled. After all, security has been increased so god damn much that it would be foolish for an attack to actually even take place.

Also with no disrespect intended I'm preying to god that we stay out of this.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

is it me? or is Kim Jong pulling a Saddam Huesein? all talk no tactical assault?
    and if we do get dragged into this, id rather live in korea, because his bomb is probably bigger than our country

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Holy necropost, Batman!

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

woops sorry

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Please don't post in threads over a month without posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.