Steve Irwin Dies in Diving Accident

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Sep 4, 2006.

Mattay

Mattay Member

I still love the video of him doing a penguin belly slide down the slope in Antarctica. Bloody Legend

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Poor fella.

R.I.P

hopes his families not too bad =\

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

By, "had it coming" I did not mean that he deserved it, because obviously he didn't. The only people who deserve to die are people who kill other people. He didn't harm any anyone. He did good things to help people understand animals, and he made a good living off of what he loved to do. A lot can be said for that. I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who can live off of their passions. But still, he was nuts to do the shit he did.

I'm surprised that he died via stingray. Personally, I thought he was going to get a poisonous snake bite. Either way, it sucks.

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I feel bad for his family.
    And with Darcy's 'had it coming' I agree.
    But still, RIP.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I always thought he'd get mauled by a bear, seeing as how you can only piss a bear off by sticking your thumb up its ass for so long before it's going to try to eat honey out of your face.
    That's why I'm so surprised it didn't happen years ago. Like I said, it's one of those things you wait for to happen, but you never believe it when it actually does happen.
    And for the record, the "bear" thing was meant to be taken lightly, as a joke.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

My Mum told me about this yesterday when she came home from work. I wasn't exactly sure how to react to it but i'm definitely very sad about it :( He was an awesome guy and his crazy antics shall be missed.

R.I.P

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

That is a sin.
    And I've been talking to other people about it, and some of them said good, he deserved it because of how he played with animals.
    That's like saying a Firefighter Plays with fire and deserves to die.

Rest in Piece though.
    There goes a piece of my childhood.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Loved that in South Park :lol:

Anyways, yeah it sucks for this guy to die the way he did. But least he did it doing the thing he loved the most, even if he got killed in self-defense.

Truth be told, I always thought he would've died by the most non-lethal animal, so this is kind of true. No offense to anybody at all.

R.I.P. mate!

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I always had this cartoony, comical vision of how he'd go, he'd piss off a huge bear and it'd swallow him in one bite, then you'd hear "Crikey!" muffled from inside its stomach. :lol:

Ahh dammit...why does it always have to be the people that are actually really cool? :(

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I still am really shocked by his death. Sure many people say that he would have wanted to die in a way which included his work which he obviously loved but he had a little daughter. His wife, I’ve heard has not heard about his death yet, as she is doing this documentary in Tasmania or something like that.
    He worked with all of these really dangerous animals (much more dangerous than a Stingray) and now his death was cause by a stingray which is like harmless in front of crocodiles. It’s terrible really. Rest In Peace mate.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So last night I saw Steve Irwin's close friend on Larry King Live. The guy was filming the documentary with Steve Irwin and he was there during the whole thing. Larry King kept asking for the gorey details and other hurtful questions. He made the guy cry! It was so sad. The whole interview was kind of sick. My point is, Larry King is a bastard.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm still suprised by this. Everyone I know is to be perfectly honest... He was a legend.

R.I.P.

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Although I've just watched his show a few times, him, his accent, his nature (no pun intended), his clownyness and typical accent is just legendary, and I hate for this to happen, especially cosidering he has a family. That said, its good that he has (as I can see in this thread) gets the repect he deserves for being who he was, and respecting our Earth.
    May he rest in peace.

*AloneInHerDarkRoom*

*AloneInHerDarkRoom* Well-Known Member

I can't believe he died =[. I feel so bad for his family and friends

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Rest In Peace, a King amongst Men

Rhymaz Armada

Rhymaz Armada Member

at first i didn't feel sorry for the guy, i am so evil....
    but now i saw all these pictures of him with animals, and he was always smiling, he looked so happy, he looked like he loved what he was doing because he was so goddamn happy, i was such a dumbass at not caring at first, he had such a nice family, i am so sorry that this happened

R.I.P.