Trivium - Entrance of the Conflagration

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Friskey™, Sep 2, 2006.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

It sucks. Sounds exactly like Metallica. I loved Ascedendacy, but this is just horrible.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah, this Metallica rip-off shit is gonna get old, fast.

Xero_

Xero_ Well-Known Member

if the next trivium album is like this piece of shit i'll stop listeting to them.it suck very very big time

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Matt Heafy's voice is just annoying in this song. I wish they'd stop telling us how they stopped screaming because Matt can sing now...he can't...at all. He's trying to sound like James Hetfield but he's failing miserably, it's bad enough trying to mimic what Metallica sound like but it's fucking terrible when they fail in doing so.

This song is bollocks, Anthem was okay and Detonation was only good when the chorus kicks in so unless all the other songs are masterpieces I don't think this album will be good.

The thing is that you can tell in all three of the songs that screaming is necessary. Ascendancy was fucking ace, 10/10 IMO, but so far the crusade isn't sounding good.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I like the new song. Sure it's a Metallica rip off, but i like Metallica. But to be honest, this album is going to be shit in my opinion. The 3 songs they have realeased are all completely different, and if it wasn't for the vocals they could each have been by completely different bands. The album will lack consistancy and i'm really not looking forward to it as much as i was. Detonation is good when the chorus kicks in, in really don't like Anthem, and this song is really good, but none of them sound anything LIKE Trivium. As much as i loved Ascendancy and Ember to Inferno, i can see myself getting bored with Trivium soon.

After talking to Kay about this, we've decided it's going to be more like another Roadrunner united, except nowhere near as good.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2006
    a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

Ugh. Detonation was good in parts,though sounded like a bad Metallica rip-off in parts. Anthem was quite good,but nothing on their earlier stuff. This actually sounds like a B side from Master of Puppets, that went badly wrong on the vocals.

Well, Trivium certainly look like being the new,slightly worse than original Metallica. Metallica had 4 good albums (Kill 'Em All,Ride the Lightning,Master of Puppets,Black Album) then it all went wrong, I guess Trivium are gonna have two good albums then have it all go wrong lol.

Who knows, maybe when this album (most likely) bombs, then they'll wake up, and stick the screaming/the originality back in.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Yeah, thinking and thinking more and more, i'm actually starting to agree with the lot of you that this album has the chance to be one of the most disappointing records I have ever heard. I've heard alot of those this year and this could very well be the icing on the cake. The songs are ok. (and BTW, the song "The Crusade" has leaked). But I just don't feel anything from it like I did with Ascendancy. Yeah, both songs had the same structure, but these songs just seem bland. If I wanted to hear these songs, I could very well pop in "The Black Album" or ...And Justice For All.

I'm just saying that these guys decided to crack under their own pressure. They got called "the next Metallica" and now are running with it. We very might just have to call these guys "the metal version of Avenged Sevenfold", it's that bad.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

People need to stop saying that he's ripping off Hetfield's vocals in this song. At least Hetfield can change the pitch of his voice. :p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    Luke

I'm not gonna lose faith in Trivium over this but if this album turns out to be a disaster then they better make up for it with the next album they make.

The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

i agree with you 100%. ascendancy is one of my favorite albums but i have not been impressed at all with this shit they have put out and im a big metallica fan. i probably wont buy the album but they better put out some good shit next time.

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

I like the first song for a while.. then the old album got boring.. but now this takes the piss.... if you wanna be metallica cover their songs! Dont nick their riffs and make it your own!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Ugh, I think I've stated my stand on Trivium's new approach enough but this just makes me sad. Trivium had potential to establish something different but traded it in for something like this. It's not impressive in my opinion. As I look at it, screaming wasn't what made Trivium unique. It was their overall performance, sound and style--what we have now is something that doesn't showcase much and now sounds sub-par/a step down in terms of originality.

I'm not against Metallica, hell I love Metallica but when I see a band try to replicate something like Metallica I know people are going to get mad. It's either because Trivium changed their style all together, or because they're trying to mimic a band that is in high honor amongst the metal heads. Either way, it's going to upset veteran fans of either band.

I don't know, though. Like Hellflame, I won't lose hope in the band just yet... Experimentation is part of growing so I can understand this movement. I just hope Trivium snap out of it and realize that if they're going to continue with this crucial change, at least put a little originality back into the songs.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

This song is too generic and boring for me to give an honest review.

Luke

Would you believe that the video for this song is even worse...

Testament

I'm not going to ask. is it "Miss Murder" bad?

Luke

Basicly they just filmed 'a secret show' and it's live footage with studio quality music except they kept the timer of the camcorder :lol:

Testament

hahahahaha. I thought Ascendancy made money.

Luke

Ascendancy is like nearly Platinum over here and they can't afford to produce proper music videos...the only music video I've thought was really cool by them was Like Light To The Flies. Martyr, Gunshot and Dying could have had such better videos, hell I could make a better video in Media studies class.

Link

Link lolwut

Wow. I can't believe that wasn't Metallica.