War has broke out

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anthony., Jul 13, 2006.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

We're currently witnessing what I believe will be a very important moment in the 21st century's history... The conflict between Lebanon and Israel is currently taking serious proportions, Israel having struck all three runways of Beirut's airport, its tanks entering Lebanon. On the other side, rockets are striking Israeli cities, so far killing one civilian and injuring many. The Israeli cabinet has authorized use of serious military power, and the Israeli people have been warned to brace for the days to come.

The danger is for this conflict to extend to other countries, setting the Middle East ablaze. Two weeks ago, the Gaza Strip, today Lebanon, and tomorrow? And I'm not blaming Israel for that, as it comes in retaliation to kidnapping of soldiers... But heck, this is getting out of control.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I think that's taking it a little too far, Rohan.

Just the thought of the other countries nearby getting involved in the war makes me feel terrible. I hope that this war won't take decades to cool off.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Well, I think it will take decades to cool off since it's a war with Israel involved.

They should just solve all problems in one by giving everyone a piece of what they want...

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That was WAY over the line. Sorry, you're warned.

I know you're angry over everything that has happened recently, but you can't make intolerant statements like that.

--------------

This is very serious stuff. I see a major escalation coming from other countries.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Because I always see Israeli civilians walking into crowded areas in other countries and blowing themselves up :rolleyes:

The issue is land. Arab countries have a shit ton of land. Israel has a tiny little dot. Let the Israeli's have their countries and live in peace.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

soon, if it should come to, the whole Middle East will be divided into their various factions and it would be world war III....and i mean factions like the Allies against the Axis kind of thing

NurcX

NurcX Active Member

lol.. i dont understand to much of this conflict..

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

duh i meant the israeli ministers.the people there are fine.people out there have to die and live in fear because of selfish people ruling the nation.

Todd you should be warned too for indirectly implying that people from Arab nations love to blow themselves up.that is a highly communal statement(Remember most arabs are muslims).this place is a bigger battlefield with people out to grab every oppportunity to pinpoint mistakes of the new or not-so-active members.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Rohan, that was sarcasm coming from Todd.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

dude...that...sucks...I mean...I don't think a war like that would involve only the countries surrounding them...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I never said they love to blow themselves up. I didn't imply it either. You're putting words in my mouth. Now if you want to deny that virtually every suicide bomber who has attacked Israel was from an Arab country, go right ahead, but you and I both know it's true. I'm not saying that all Arabs are terrorists, I know they're not. The Arab governments are the ones funding these terrorists because they want Israel wiped off the map. They need to back off, punish their terrorists instead of fund them, and let the Israelis live in peace on their tiny chunk of land.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Today's update :

- Beirut's airport bombed for a second time, fuel tanks set ablaze.
    - Lebanese highways bombed.
    - Bridges and strategic points in the suburbs of Beirut bombed.
    - Katyusha rockets strike Israeli port city Haifa as well as many border cities.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

but you know what while i feel that not all muslims are terrorists its sad that most of the terrorists are muslims.You are right these countries do fund terrorist organisations.I read the other day that some saudi textbooks have equated jews and christians to pigs and the govt there is not bothered.Firstly this hate business has to stop.countries shound learn to compromise-it keeps all the parties involved happy.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Isn't most of this because of religion?...I mean...muslims kill themselves for what they believe in right?...so basically...if you tell them to do something for their beliefs....they will....that includes blowing yourself up right?or....am I just talking shit right now?

Mark

Then perhaps it'd be prudent to be more specific in the future so you can avoid getting warned for a third time.

If you think I'm head-hunting with that warning, then you're sadly mistaken. This is not a conspiracy against "new or not-so-active members", nor is it a popularity contest.

-----------------

Lebanon has sent 20 rockets into Israel today in response to the second bombing of the Beirut airport. I think Israel is being a little too aggressive, though, and are only escalating the problem. They're creating more enemies than they are eradicating. Revenge can be self-destructive.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

alright i said i'm sorry.you gonna guillitine me?no hard feelings.And you are right i'm pissed at whats taken place in the last week.guess you can't help it when a bomb containing RDX goes off in front of you.

the UN seriously needs to solve the Israel-Arab conflict and the Pak-India-China conflict quickly to avoid becoming another "League of Nations"

Mark

The UN isn't going to accomplish anything if the US keeps vetoing their bills.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't you just love the US?

Mark

:lol:

I think the US has to support a bill condemning Israel's overagression, for the good of peace in the region. They did say that Lebanon's government was a "model for democracy" in the region and they said they didn't want to upset the institution/infrastructure of Lebanon itself. Bush then called on Syria to become a "world leader" and try to curb the hostility. Good luck with that, heh.

I think there's a difference between being defensive and just being overagressive, and when it comes to Israel shutting down shipping lanes to Lebanon, it seems like it's a little overzealous. In no way do I agree with the Hezbollah government's tactics, but going to the brink of war over two captured militants might be a bit of an overreaction, and both sides will be at fault for any escalation. Israel should be taking the high road, though.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

no shit...anyway if any international team is being sent it, we shouldnt let the US be the main contributor of forces etc, they're already stretching resoruces over Afghanistan and Iraq not forgetting to mention they could be doing a power grab...