Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The fucking thing is finally over!!!! (w00t)

2. somekid

somekid Well-Known Member

LOL @ ZIDANE

3. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

WHAT THE FUCK IS ZIZOU THINKING?? HE'S A FREAKING PYSCHO!

4. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Zidane got given player of the tournament haha

5. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

:lol: it gets funnier everytime...

6. Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

I heard that that Italian player provoked Zidane or something saying something about Zidane himself or Zidane's mother. He was also being fouled constantly by the Italians the whole game and the Italians are known for their dirty play. That Italian player also like, pinched his nipple or something a few seconds before hand, you just need to watch the clip again on youtube or something.

Other than that, Zidane freakin' pwned the guy.

7. Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Zidane was lucky not to get kicked in his crotch by that other player. :lol: Now that would've been funny!

I'm glad Italy won, though.

I would've preferd Germany because that would've been fair but football isn't a fair sport I guess.

8. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

People seem to have suddenly disregarded the fact that Zidane was actually in really good form when he was playing, and are acting surprised that he won player of the tournament. He was the best, other than maybe Cannavaro. His penalty was rubbish though. He could just as easily have missed. He was either very nervous or laid-back.

And I'm sick of players diving even when a blatant foul is committed against them. Materazzi did it last night with Zidane, and everyone on the Portuguese team must have did it at least once.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  9. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

10. CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

The Zidane head-butt should be trademarked. Too bad he chose to do it minutes before PK, where he probably could've helped France win instead.

11. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

are you kidding? if the refree saw everyone of Portugal's dives, all their players couldve been sent off....TWICE!

12. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know, but they (and a load of other players/teams) did it even when it was clear they would get a free kick or whatever.

13. Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Oh my God :lol::lol::lol:

14. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

15. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

AHAHAHA.

16. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

ymnd im guessing. that sites loaded with zidane fads

17. Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

well The Guardian reported that the italian player(Materazzi) called him a TERRORIST obviously due to his algerian descent.Don't know whether its true or not

18. Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

AMEN. In the Times today, apparently 53% people have lost their respect for
    zidane after this. I meanm Ok, maybe that was a bit pyschotic, maybe he was stupid to do exactly what Matarazzi wanted him to do, and Matarazzi added that special, 'I'm in soooooo much pain' touch that made Zizou look even worse. But what about how he played, this match and others? And plus, I'm pretty sure football experts voted and all during the course of the tournament and not just after the game, and anyway, everyone was repecting Zidane and prasing him so much after the Spain matcg, the Brazil match, whatever. How can you judge him like that? I got somewhat angry when many Indians on the Times were all I've lost my respect for him, blah blah. You can't let 5 minutes judge over a decade or so of great football, can you?

And I think the penalty was him being arrogant, or as you said, nevous/laidback.It's still amazing for me that it went in though. And It's really great how the whole of France and his teammates stood by him.

And cheers to Italy. They may have played dirty at times, but overall a great world cup captained by an amazing defender who was once a fifa ball boy.

In TOI, there are speculations that Materazzi called Zidane's sister a prostitute. o_O

19. heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

Hey the italian dude insulted his sister by calling her a prostitute. If I were him, I would have done the same thing.

20. Cale.

Cale. Banned

The Daily Mail has reported that Materazzi said "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore," among other things during the match, to Zidane and that is why he headbutted him. After this, no one can blame him. He has faced racism for, not only his entire career, but his entire life, and he had obviously just had enough and had nothing to lose since it was his final match. I personally don't care what anyone else thinks, I think he was totally justified, and in a way, I wish he did more. Zidane is still one of the greatest footballer there has ever been, and he will be remembered for that.