What You'd Like to Hear in the New Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Matt, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    -x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Seems everybody wants pretty much the same things. What I want to hear:
    Chester - More singing. Meteora had a lot more screaming then singing.
    Mike - PIANO OMG PLEASE, play the guitar more too. Rapping's fine.
    Phoenix - Try to play something other the the bass version of what Brad's playing
    Brad - SOLO's! Those of you how siad solo's are boring should leave now!
    Rob - Good job. Keep it up
    Joe - one word... intermissions...

For the band as a whole I'd like to see them use some acoustic instruments, and also make an album thats longer then 30 friggin minutes.

Slats-LP-J5

Slats-LP-J5 Well-Known Member

Some more powerful rapped parts from Mike. Possibly with less effects on his voice (eg.. less like Shinoda in In The End, more like Shinoda in Right Now). A song with a rapped 4 line chorus. His Fort Minor stuff is that good that some of it deserves to spill over into a LP song.

iridianwolfdante

iridianwolfdante Member

heck, I would like to see some more screaming from Chester, but Don't overdue it. too much screaming will ruin the album. I would also like to hear longer tracks (4 min instead of 3), with more intricate lyrics. most of their songs have been about pain, redemption, etc. how 'bout mixing it up and changing it up a little? other than that, it doesn't matter what they do. Anything they do sounds awesome.

hajen

hajen New Member

some more guitar . want to hear brad play:hug:

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

It would also be really cool if they could make just one or two songs (with words in them) on there that are at least 4 minutes in length. They could maybe experiment with pianos and guitar solos? idk

EMIN3Mfan

EMIN3Mfan Active Member

As long as there's no remixes i'll be happy...i want something new. thats when they sound the best! it would be pretty good if they had a guest appearance or two....maybe EMINEM???? i've always wanted that him and shinoda would be tight as hell!!!!

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

I seriously dont believe mike and eminem would get along well. No offence because i do like eminems songs and we do have to respect other peoples tastes in music on these forums but i think Mike is more of a centimental more Morally Correct person well as Eminem has a few songs that really show the shallow less meaningful and sometimes foul types of nature...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

god, i love how after playing tracks off "meteora" and "hybrid theory" for so long, they could work out such great ways to change and experiment at rock am ring - those intros (esp. "don't stay", "somewhere i belong" and "numb") should've been on the album, 'cause they fucking rocked! :D - "somewhere i belong" had the best guitar work, and i wanna hear that kind of harmonics on the new album with guitar.

intros like that on this new album would be awesome; i also want a better intro for the album itself - "foreword" was a bit short. also, with the lyrics to mix with the music and all, i want to hear something really atmospheric, like "1Stp Klosr", "KRWLNG" or "PPR:Kut" off "reanimation". not that long, but with that kind of feel ... if you know what i mean.

back to guitar, some songs they should take ideas from are "figure.09", "breaking the habit", "step up", "points of authority" and "pushing me away", to name a few.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
    lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

As for Mike, I don't think he should bring his Fort Minor style to LP. I'd rather hear him rap like in the days of Hybrid Theory (not the CD). The Demos and the EP were great for Mike. The Untitled has some of the best lyrics I've ever heard and Mike is just awesome in that song. It's fine if they change their way of doing things, but I hope the songs are still as deep as they were before.

Mk_Spike

Mk_Spike Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: solos solos solos!!!!

And One

And One Active Member

I really think they should Studio-record a Wish cover, and have Hahn do some insane sampling with it. Chester sounds so awesome singing a Nice Inch Nails Song. Limp Bizkit covered Faith. Is it really so wrong for Linkin Park to do that in the album?

And, for Brad. More Hit the Floor/Points Of Authority/A.06-esque Hard Core playing. Yeah. *Medli idea has just struck*

Hahn, I'd like to see him use the beats as well as he did in Numb/Encore and With You. Totally.

And, that's my ideal Linkin Park album.

Spectral

Spectral Active Member

Something just popped in my head just now... how about an epic? (a fairly long song with different parts) one like shine on you crazy diamond or November rain... That would be very good IMO...

And yeah... solos. I'm not asking for Free bird, but this would be just SICK! Imagine a solo like that (less joyful) at the end of a song like faint! oh... I need to stop dreaming....

And work these lyrics 'cause... you know... hearing how LP feels so bad for 30 minutes is on the borderline of being boring...

Keep a sound where each instrument completes the other (I like it a lot, but that's just me)

Marty Kirra

Marty Kirra New Member

I think we should have Mike with Xero sorta rhymes. It sounded great, and that's something I really would like LP to get back to.

Also, with this album, they should release some Acapellas and Instrumentals with it.

Mousey

Mousey Member

songs like faint really rock my world because i'm rap/hardrock fan, i'd like more tracks like Faint and Figure .09 and mb some more like breaking the habit and numb, but they're all awesome so who cares lol, i'll like it whatever's on there.

If you visit the official linkin park website i think they're playing some of the tracks that will be on the new album 0.o

Marty Kirra

Marty Kirra New Member

Those are just Fort Minor Tracks :p

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

No they're not.

Nothin*2*lose

Nothin*2*lose Well-Known Member

At least some guitar solos!!! and something please that doesn't sound like another Meteora... and they could nearly change the way they have the verse and chorus because it's nearly always Mike-verse Chester-chorus. They should go wild!!

Sub6

Sub6 Member

Whats wrong with One Step Closer, and Don't stay?

manutd

manutd Member

i'd like to hear more songs like "figore09" or "lying from u", which sound more on the metal side.

@li

@li Banned

i'd like to hear songs much like, "a place for my head"......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.