Dragon Force

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The Outsider, May 7, 2006.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

I like this power metal band. They are said to be the next Power Nirvana. I like the song "Through The Fire and The Flames" I love the drums in that song.
    Anybody like them as well?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I love them. The lyrics are kinda cheesy, but they aren't trying to be serious. Every instrument in this band is phenomenal. It's kinda like how The Darkness is cheesy, but Dragonforce is 100000000x better.

They kinda suck live though =/

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

Screw the drums in "Through The Fire and Flames", all the guitar work FTW! The solos towards the end of the song are INSANE.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Dragonforce are fucking amazing. What's better is that they're becoming very well known now, they have quite a big fanbase here in the UK and they just signed with roadrunner in America so I'd defenatly say they could be the next best metal band.

Astat

The guitar/keyboard work in like every Dragonforce song I've heard is INSANE. The drums are awesome too...hell, everything about them is awesome, at least on the album versions. But if you go on YouTube and search for a live version of that song, you'll see they need to work on their live performances quite a bit.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Their instrumental work is fantastic, vocals could be a bit better though.

EDIT: I've changed my mind; His vocals aren't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
    linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

Sounds great, until you look at the facts, like when green day when they went global.... now they have millions of 'fake' fans that only like them either because they only like their 'American Idiot' album and they dont know anything about then band, or because they just like the singer.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, they may be good on thier instruments but everything else about them I'm not into. Pointless solos, bad vocals & lyrics and worst of all they hardly hold any real emotion in their songs. Yeah, that maybe what they're going for but overall it's not my thing.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Great instrumentals, but honestly, some of the worst vocals I've ever heard.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Like most power metal, the whole atmosphere of the songs is so artificial there really is no feel to it, no emotion, its way too cold and calculating for me. Also the stuff they sing about in their songs and the whole execution of it really bothers me. Its really cheesy and they try to be so serious about knights and dragons....whatever! They are good at their instruments but I can't stand their style and their singer!

Check out Symphony X for power metal done right!! At least their last three albums have been gold!

Astat

^ First of all, MAJOR props for having John Coltrane in your sig. <3

Anyway, I think Dragonforce tries to sound serious, but they act goofy enough to know that they're just having fun and not really being serious. One example is in the Through the Fire and Flames video, the guitar solos are all done in picture-in-picture, and while one guitarist is playing, the other casually sits there sipping a drink. :lol: