Linkin Park Cross The Halfway Point

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda revealed some new information about the upcoming and soon to be released Linkin Park record. According to the Linkin Park emcee, the band have now reached the halfway point of their brand new record and are now sifting through the near 60 songs they have made together with Rick Rubin to find the most suitable results.

"When we were making Meteora, we wrote 70 to 90 songs to come up with the 12 tracks that are on the album,"
    he said. "For this one, we're going to write more than that. We're about halfway into it. But it'll be out this year. And I can already tell that the record is going to sound a little different than our previous ones.

Although the statement above would appear to only be guesswork at this current point in time, with Mike Shinoda's ambitous solo album "The Rising Tied", including well over 16 tracks, the possibility of Linkin Park's next record being their longest to date is a very real possibility.

"Rick and I are going to be producing it together, and that's something different too," Shinoda continued. "We've always based who we are on the fact that we all listen to different kinds of music, and we try to mix all those different styles as seamlessly as we can. And Rick's done everything from Beastie Boys and Run-DMC to Dixie Chicks and Justin Timberlake and Slayer. At the core of his being, Rick understands so much. He doesn't have to work for it. So in the studio, there's no thought, there's just feeling."

With those 60 or so songs being narrowed down with every passing day, the only remaining challenge left for the band is to find a suitable place to record their new record. Currently the band is leaning towards Rubin's Laurel Canyon mansion, which has played host to sessions for everyone from Slipknot to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"We're starting to get a feel for what the songs are sounding like, and we're going to determine where we want to work based on them," Shinoda said. "It's early, but from what we've already heard, we can't wait to get into a studio. We're completely excited to start work."

For more information, as well as the article in its entirety, please click here.

Thanks to Paul for the news!

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

That's great news ! Really hope the album will contain more than 12 songs.

Derek

Well apparently Mike is on to Brad's "12 Game" so yeah :lol:.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Sounds good! I just wish they were even farther. It seems everytime they interview they haven't even made progress from the previous. Like one made me believe that they were actually recording things, and then they say they're still writing, and then they say they're still working on that. Ugh...Waiting.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly. I really don't want just 12. I am hoping for 16 tracks, including 2 instrumentals from Hahn, which would really bring the total number of actual songs to 14. That would be the smart thing to do, imo. But that's just me.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Rob said earlier that they will record when they narrow it down to 15 songs. So my guess is that the new album will have 15 tracks, but one or two of them will be an instrumental and or an intro/outro track...

I hope the time spans out to 45 mins long this time, that would be neat.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I reckon a november release

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Ok, but maybe im wrong? or is just me? if they haven't started recording how come i remember chester sayign that he had 2 go in the hospital from screaming so much Due to recording?!? maybe im stupid...or i havent read it right? lol or maybe im right! :)

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

He was probably talking about recording the demos at Mike's house or something.

Derek

Nein herr Tied, das ist nicht korrekt. XP

Chester said he had to go home and lay down one night because he got nauseus from screaming which is common for people who do not sing from the diaphragm (which I believe Chester does not). Das ist allen :p.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I'd be pretty cool to hear all the 60+ songs....

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

If their only half way done, I don't think they will be done by summer like they said, tho I hope they do.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

yo D man wth is up with the german?!? lol

n wtv i guess i read it wrong

Derek

I was being a smartass.

Consider me the "House" of LPA. (If you dont watch house, you have problems!)

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

:lol: You, the House of LPA? LMFAO. Yeah right. :p

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I believe the album will have 14-15 tracks. I think the first track will have a huge intro and turn into a song. I also think there will be an interlude and an outro. I also believe this record will be close to an hour in length because it seems to me like they are expanding their music. I also believe they will record in Rick's mansion. After reading about Slipknot's recording process and stories while staying there, it leads me to believe that LP will record there. It just seems like a great fit to me.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Blasphemy! NO ONE compares to House! lol. :eek:

as for the record, I'm still hoping for a summer release *crosses fingers*

LP_D_BEST

LP_D_BEST Member

man, i cant wait for this album, i'm fed up waiting but i know that when i will buy the album i will be satisfied.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

awesome i cant wait

Link

Link lolwut

Halfway point? I thought it was further along. Oh well I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.