NHL/Hockey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Apr 20, 2006.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Hell yah the Oil ar elooking good so far. Actualyl most the terams are looking good so far. This first round could be one of the most competative in recent history.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Why-why-why would you put Weekes in instead of Lund?! Smart move, Rangers... ugh.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Lundqvist has been nursing a sore hip, and he is a rookie who allowed 6 goals in his last game and 11 in his last two (he hadn't allowed that many in any three-game period during the season), so I can see why they went with the veteran.

He should be back in net for Game 3, though. He deserves another chance.

Damnit, Carolina lost again. And I'm doubting they'll be able to win both in Montreal.

Philadelphia got absolutely smoked. Wow. :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

Yeah, now my picks are dead in the water for sure. lol

Weekes had a horrible regular season if I remember correctly, and constantly let in soft goals... that's what I was referring to. I posted that before the game today, too, and he ended up giving up even more weak goals. I guess you're right about Lund, though.

I kind of figured if one of the high-ranking seeds in either conference was going to be upset it'd be Carolina. They coasted through their last 20 games or so. Montreal's a fairly good team.

Philly... I smite thee! Knew I should've went with the hot team. lol

Mark

Philly's a hard team to beat at home, so Buffalo's going to have a tough time if Esche can play like he did in Game 1 and Forsberg can break out of his mediocre play thus far.

Edit: Dallas got owned, again.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Dallas screwed my pool over. I seriously thought they were going to sweep the Avs... the Avs had been underacheiving all year.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I thought Dallas would've had it easy. Boy was I wrong.

Ryan

Yah Dallas was a huge surprise to me. But I am glad. Maybe Edmonton can meet Calgary in the second round.

Mark

That would be one hell of a series.

Holy crap, Colorado won AGAIN in overtime! 3-0!

I was so happy when Staal scored in overtime tonight.

Man, I haven't missed a game on CBC all week. I love this time of year.

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

Fuck, we lost to Detroit, what a horrible game.

Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Well-Known Member

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I KNEW there were some serious hockey fans on LPA forums.

I am going to game 4 tomorrow (today, technically) in Philly, and if the Flyers keep this physical game up, they're going to grind the Sabres into little nubs. That's what the problem was in the first two games, letting little snots like Briere and Pominville waltz around the net. Just because the refs are calling everything doesn't mean you can't be physical and... goshdamn, the Flyers are a big team.

Even though I'm not Canadian, I am excited for Canada that you get 4 teams in the playoffs this year (very nearly had all 6). Best part is, the way things are going, if all four teams win, they'd play each other, guarunteeing a Canadian team in both conference finals.

Mark

Call me unpatriotic, but I'm cheering for Tampa and Carolina against my sworn enemies; Ottawa and Montreal. :lol: Edmonton and Calgary are great, though. I'm going for them. Heh.

I've been saying all along that Philly needs to intimidate the small Sabres into playing at Philly's desired speed. You can't just let players like Briere and Drury freewheel it around your defensive zone without fear of being crunched by one of Philly's big d-men.

Jimmy Mac

When he wants to, Peter Forsberg makes it look like he's playing against a midget team. God damn, he's good.

My personal Flyers attendance record is 6-0-0, including 1-0 now in the playoffs.

Mark

That play on Afinogenov to get the empty netter was great.

Ryan

Fuck yes, how bout them Oilers!!

I am not sure what my personal Oilers record would be, but the regular seaon this year was 1-2. In the playoffs I am 2-1 now since they lost to Detroit on Thursday. They always win game three and i dont know why I didn't go to game three this year.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
    Jimmy Mac

Flyers were made to look silly again today. This series has all the makings of a seven-game classic, and it's gonna come down to which team can win a freaking game on the road.

Ryan

Yah its a pretty crazy series, but Philly played liek shit today. Nice to see Colorado put all the sports analysts to shame by eliminating Dallas in 5.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

What now?

People doubted me by saying that the Av's were gonna lose. Those bastards.

Justin

Justin See you there

HELL YES!! Go Oilers! This is absolutely amazing. Colorado beats Dallas, and Edmonton beats Detroit.

Edmonton totally changed their style and that worked to their advantage. Talk about an underdog success story.

Mark

That Hemsky goal with 1 min left was amazing! What a pass from Samsonov! What a comeback!

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

Woot, Edmonton won, bitch! We were so excited that we went outside and started screaming, until the neighbors got pissed. Also, I predict a black horse will win the cup this time around (hint, it's not Tampa)!