Demo songs.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SergSlim, Mar 1, 2006.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

There are 2 versions of State of The Art, one is the promo version where you can hear sounds like 'The sound of the future' and 'scratch answer' and the other is the album version wich you don't hear sounds like that.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There was never an album version of State Of The Art released. As stated before, there was only the radio rip and an edited version of the radio rip.

SergSlim

SergSlim Well-Known Member

Anybody heard about Home Sweet Home song?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Home Sweet Home was originally written by Motley Crue. For Katrina Relief, Motley Crue and Chester re-recorded it and performed it. You can buy the song on iTunes. It sounds great.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Responding to various posts...

The instrumental beat of 100 Degrees from the VMAs was in a full song on the mixtape though.

To add to the list of covers, LP has done a short cover of Outkast's So Fresh N' So Clean, and a short cover of Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl.

And it sounds like you don't know that The Morning After was released in remix form on the Underworld Evolution Soundtrack.

And there's also 'Let Down' which was performed at the MTV Special for Hurricane Katrina.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

^ There are also both a live version and a studio version of Home Sweet Home with Chester.

SergSlim

Broken Glass, Faded, Linkin Park & Adema - Giving In, Fairgrounds Aren,
    are these a LP songs?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

No. They're all fake. Just labeled as Linkin Park on p2p programs. Also, "Giving In" is just an Adema song. Has nothing to do with Linkin Park.

SergSlim

Head Like A Hole - I heard that this song is a KoRn feat. Chester (NIN cover).
    Plaster (One Step Closer Demo), Mr. Hahn (Cure For The Itch Demo), Shifter, Paranoia - are they real?
    Other songs such as:
    Blow your mind, in yourself, Dead & Bloated (Chester feat. Stone Temple Pilots), Poem (Chester feat. Taproot), wonderful (Chester feat. Stone Temple Pilots), Let Down (Chester), Something I can never have...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
    Astat

Korn's Head Like a Hole cover with Chester was recorded but hasn't been released.

Plaster was the working title of One Step Closer, but no demo of it under that name exists as far as we know. Cure For the Itch was just labeled as "Mr. Hahn" on programs like Kazaa and Bearshare, it's not a demo.

Nocturnal and Shifter were 2 song titles Mike mentioned in a pre-Meteora interview, and are supposed to be either tracks that didn't make the album or earlier titles of songs that did. Nobody knows for sure, and they haven't been released.

Paranoia is a fake demo name that people gave Papercut. Mike said himself that Papercut was a working title that stuck, so there's no point in having a working title for a working title. And there's no available demo of Papercut either.

Blow Your Mind is the title people gave to a little instrumental Joe did live on their 2002 tour. It starts with a sampled voice that goes "We don't wanna be left behind, all we wanna do is just blow your mind."

In Yourself/Be Yourself is a title people gave to an interlude track the band played several times in 2001, most notably at Rock Im Park. The only lyrics in it are Chester singing "Be yourself" a few times. People thought he was saying "In yourself" at first, so it's under both titles.

Poem is a song on Taproot's CD "Welcome." Chester isn't in it, some idiot heard Stephen Richards scream "Break" in the song and was all OMGZ CHESTAR! and posted it on his website as "feat. Chester Bennington." The song was a hit single off the album, so it's absolutely ridiculous that people are that ignorant.

Wonderful by Stone Temple Pilots with Chester is a live track on the Family Values 2001 CD. Chester also came out to sing Dead and Bloated with them at a few shows, and there are at least 2 bootleg live recordings of him doing it.

Something I Can Never Have is a song by Nine Inch Nails that was played over the speakers before a lot of LP's live shows in 2003/2004. Some people thought Chester was singing it, and labeled it as a cover, but it's really just the original recording by NIN.

Kilo Lee

Kilo Lee Guest

hey guys, i've got 3 versions of Points Of Authority-one called "Points Of Authority (Demo)", another called the same, and i have "Vertical Limit"

on one of the "Points Of Authority (Demo)" 's, the track length is 4:10, and mike is still in the middle of rapping "forfeit the game" and the track ends.......in the other chester doesnt sing his chorus after mikes raps........and in my copy of "Vertical Limit", track time is 4:06, and he gets cut still.......so......has anyone else come across these?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My hard drive was whiped clean a little while ago so I lost some of my files, but here's what I can remember and believe is right. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

"Vertical Limit" is just a title a fan made up because "Points of Authority" was featured in a commercial/trailer for the movie of the same name that came out a few years ago. From what I can remember, there are two existing "Points of Authority" demos with no specific titlenames other than "(Demo 1)" and "(Demo 2)".

One of the demos (03:23, I think) features the line "Forfeit the game, stop the talk show, product of what, you're taught to know" in the bridge towards the end of it.

The other one (02:51) has a bridge with Chester screaming where Mike raps "It's time to sink or swim, it's time to sink of swim, it's time to sink of swim to see who gets scared when the lights go dim." over the screams. It's the more similar demo when compared to the album version of "Points of Authority" that was on 'Hybrid Theory'.

Astat

The shorter one was labeled as "Points & Authority" instead of "Points of Authority" on the demo CD it was on, that's how I distinguish the two.

The 3:23 one is actually closer to the Hybrid Theory version (The shorter one doesn't have the chorus in it at all), but other than that all Mark's info is right.

SergSlim

Does anyone has a video of DJ Z-Trip feat. Chester - Walking Dead of good quality. 'Cause mine version is terrible..... I wonder if there exists any good version of this video. Also as for other cover videos, or rare one's.

SergSlim

Are you 100% sure, that "Something I Can Never Have" and "Poem" are without LP collaboration? 'cause too many sites say that it is LP.

Astat

Poem is on Taproot's CD "Welcome." I have this CD, and there is no mention of Chester Bennington anywhere in the booklet. The song was a hit radio single as well as a video on MTV, Chester wasn't in the video and was never mentioned being in the song on TV or the radio. The only reason anyone thinks it has Chester in it is because some stupid Brazilian kid on linkinparkbr.com (one of the worst sites for accurate information i might add) who barely speaks English heard Stephen Richards scream "break" in the bridge and assumed it was Chester. It isn't. It's about as ridiculous as people thinking Bring Me To Life by Evanescence has Mike in it.

As for Something I Can Never Have, if you download the Nine Inch Nails song and compare it to the live versions being played before the intros of LP's concerts, they're exactly the same and it's clearly Trent Reznor singing.

SergSlim

Thanks on the detailed info about that songs. Now I understand everything.

SergSlim

Question about Grey Daze -

What's In The Eye
    Sometimes
    Hole

Are those songs similar in two albums or they differ in something?

Astat

They're different on each album.

By the way, you're not supposed to double-post.

MorningGlory1985

MorningGlory1985 Member

They are all similiar and different if that makes any sense. It seems like they tweaked certain parts to improve or change those songs when their 2nd album was released; you can relate this to the difference between the original High Voltage on Hybrid Theory EP and the remixed version later released, hope that helps.