Hybrid Or Meteora

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MidnightMovieMaker, Jun 5, 2003.

MidnightMovieMaker

MidnightMovieMaker Well-Known Member

HEy wut songs do u think r better: sessions-cure for the itch, crawling-

easier to run, somewhere i belong-in the end ect.... :phoenix:

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Since you're new i'll reply, i have to say that i still enjoy Crawling over all the other old or new songs from LP.

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

I still listen to Hybrid Theory just as much as Meteora.. Plus I have a load of Linkin Park music videos on my Computer.. Most of them from Hybrid Theory.. I watch these quite alot..

MidnightMovieMaker

see but my question was: u kno how lots of songs sound alike?, which of the songs r better: like somewhere i belong and in the end sound alike, but which one is better? :phoenix:

Part.Of.Me

Part.Of.Me Banned

Ooooh.. I get you know :rolleyes: thats kinda a wierd question.. :wth:

I dunno really.. I have to be in a certain mood for me to like certain songs.. So I don't really wanna say because tomorrow I might like the song I said wasn't very good.. If you get me? lol ;)

MidnightMovieMaker

o ok kool...see i like forgotten more than hit the floor, lying from you then points of authority and numb more than pushing me away :phoenix:

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory songs are better than Meteora anyday. Truthfully, I'm still not tired of HT but I'm almost sick of Meteora besides Figure.09 and From The Inside.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Actually if you think about it, Figure.09 is a lot like One Step Closer.....or am i the only person that thinks this?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, well Meteora has a new kinda feel to it and the music is a bit different style wise so I'm sticking to good old Hybrid Theory. I lost my HT cd's (all 3 are in a 3cd case) I gott a find them, cuz all my MP3s got deleted. In my opinion HT is easier to listen to multiple times than Meteora. With Meteora, after listening to it through, you really dont want to listen to it again... I listen to Meteora whenever I cut my lawn..... :D

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i think HT is one of the greatest albums ever made

meteora is new, but i dunno if i`ll be listning to it in 3 years time
    =/

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

I think that Meteora is the best Linkin Park album yet...the beats and the style that they played is way better than Hybird theory to me and i think the lyrics are much better to me also. HT is still a kick ass CD but i think Meteora is better...and about all the songs sounding the same..i think all the songs on Hybird Theory and on Meteora are different and unique in there own way.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I listen to them both equally since they both kick ass. They're a little different from each other, but both kick ass in their own seperate ways.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

LOL. Meteora just doesn't have a darkness to it besides "Figure.09" and "Breaking The Habit" to me. I think the art is a big reason behind the feel of the album and the art on Meteora is nothing compared to Hybrid Theory.

I mean, when I listen to Lying From You, how am I suppose to feel a darkness to it? Yeah, I know it's a problem they've been through and so have I. It just doesn't give me the feel I had with LP on Hybrid Theory, the EP, and even on Reanimation.

Maybe if the orchestra sounded dark than maybe I would be more into Faint than I am One Step Closer.

I know I didn't expect too much because this album isn't even close to Hybrid Theory.

AeRo

AeRo Well-Known Member

I cant really compare the songs because mostly the older ones win since they are much more familiair that doesnt mean the ones from meteora are worse not at all...just songs like one step closer, crawling a place for my head give me a bigger rush then the meteora ones they are compared to (like Figure.09 Easier to run etc)

However songs like faint and Breaking the habit DO give a rush since they are imo total new material then HT

but that could be just me :)

ps Crawling still is their best song :)

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

This is why I want LP to get really innovational on their next album. Too many songs on meteora sound similar to those off of HT. Lp is most hated because they are "overproduced." (Although I argue against that) Anyway, Crawling is not one of my favorite songs from LP, but it is a million times better than easier to run. Pushing Me Away is better than Numb, Points of authority is a little better than lying from you, but (comparing don't stay/ figure.09 to one step closer, I give the edge to Don't Stay or Figure.09. I think that Lying form u is a mixture of Points of authority and with you. Overall though, I like Meteora because Faint, Figure.09, Don't Stay, and from the inside are better than any song on HT, more than Points of authority (my opinion here). Songs like Forgotten, crawling, in the end, and By myself can't keep me alive as long. I like meteora more and the key factors are the instruments. There are some parts is HT, not lyrically however, that kind of bore me. Songs like with you, crawling, and papercut could be even heavier songs if they had better guitar riffs

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I like the songs of Hybrid Theory better.
    I love Meteora but the songs off of Hybrid Theory will always be the best, in my opinion.
    Crawling and In The End are my fav songs by LP.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

If you really care for Linkin Park's music you will take to attention that the music from each CD is unique in its own way. So how you can even pair these songs together is beyond me. But all in all the music from both of their CD's are good and it would honestly be tough to say which is better.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

To me I think that Meteora is better. I know that some of the songs are similar, but the Meteora 'versions' are better.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Actually if you think about it, Figure.09 is a lot like One Step Closer.....or am i the only person that thinks this? [/b][/quote]
    yes, the "GET AWAY FROM ME!" bridge is similar to the "SHUT UP!". I noticed that before.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

yes, the "GET AWAY FROM ME!" bridge is similar to the "SHUT UP!". I noticed that before. [/b][/quote]
    No, it's closer to the "By Myself" bridge, lol.