SHINODA & EMINEM????

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EMIN3Mfan, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Eminem is a lyrical genious. He may over use themes and the music may not be the greatest to some but he is lyrically a top 10 emcee/rapper/lyracist ever. He rhymes words that you didn't even know rhymed. I personally think he needs to lose the whole pop album mentality and make a real hip-hop record. The Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP are the closest he's been but he is on top of his lyrical game on the Eminem Show IMO.

Mike Shinoda is, in my mind, in the top 40 ever.

I'm too lazy to make my top 10 list but BIG and Pac are an easy top 2.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Shinoda wouldn't be in my top 40. He'd be in my top 60 for sure though.

My Top 10 List:

1. Notorious B.I.G.
    2. Rakim
    3. Krayzie Bone
    4. Tupac Shakur
    5. Dr. Dre
    6. Nas
    7. Jay-Z
    8. Big L
    9. AZ
    10. Common

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You're going to call Canibus overrated, then put Dr. Dre & Tupac on a Top 10 list?

Damn!

Paul

The only reason I put Dre on that list is because he's a good producer and The Chronic is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Tupac's on there cause....well, because it's Tupac.

Seriously though, All Eyez On Me and Me Against The World will be better than anything Canibus will put out.

Don't get me wrong Casey, I like Canibus. I just think people praise him for being a hip-hop savior when really he's not. He's a great artist but they're a lot of better people than him on my list. He'd be Top 30 for me for sure.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Canibus is no savior to hip-hop, that's for sure. But he's no curse either. He's alot better than Kanye, in my opinion. And Tupac, just for the sole reason that I find Tupac to be boring. There's only so many momma and thug songs I can listen to before I get bored.

NickelNine

Good list. Most of them would be on mine. I respect your Big L and AZ a ton! They are very underrated and they rip.

Paul

I hate Kayne West so I agree with you on that part.

That's just Tupac's style that a lot of people like (like me) and a lot of people get bored with (like you). It depends on the person.

Take Tech N9ne for example. That guy is a motherfucking weirdo to some but he is sick as a rapper in my opinion. It all depends on the person.

Just for the fuck of it, here's my top 10 producers:

1. DJ Premier
    2. Dr. Dre
    3. Just Blaze
    4. RZA
    5. Pete Rock
    6. Prince Paul
    7. Stoupe The Enemy of Mankind
    8. The Alchemist
    9. Heatmakerz
    10. 9th Wonder

Linkin_park_chick

Linkin_park_chick Active Member

mm.. Mikey wins this one for me. Yeah Eminen is well great but I dont like him. Rock chick not into rap. Only Mike for this one though because hes part of linkin park the best band ever!!!

NickelNine

My Top 9 (10 is too tough for me)

1. The Notorious B.I.G.
    2. Tupac
    3. Nas (my personal favorite)
    4. Eminem
    5. Rakim
    6. Slug
    7. Black Thought
    8. Jay-Z
    9. Wu-Tang Clan

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

We've seen many opinions in this topic folks, although I'd like to point this one out to you as it's special.

The quoted opinion is called a biased opinion.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm glad you said that.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i am into rap.. i was before i got heavily into LP and rock... but i find ALOT of rap and hip hop very very boring.. Mike is everything i like in rap and there are a rare few that bring my same taste..

I dont like the idea of Mike working with Eminem.. i like that he sticks with his buddies rather than who's popular

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Mainly because he sometimes copies others music to use it for his own. That is the only thing that shows a lack of talent and reason why I hate most of his music...

Big freaking deal if Eminem can destroy rappers by raping faster. Is that what gives rappers talent? Speed and dissing? I much prefer quality lyrics over speedy profanities...

All of his bullshit sounds the same. I hate my mom, want to kill my wife, etc... Gets a little old after a while.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

iloveyouforthat.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

*bows to Andrea and Amanda* Thank you, thank you.

I love some of the opinions in here, they completely amuse me. Everyone's making a HUGE deal about something extremely stupid: Who's the better rapper? I have a better question: Who cares!? I mean, you're wasting your time for something really stupid, and it really comes down to your own opinion. There's no right or wrong answer/opinion here. Everyone thinks different about music. You guys are just shooting bullets in your own feet and constantly reloading here, in an infinite loop. There will never be a final decision of who's the better rapper, trust me. Everyone'll have their own opinions. Sure, some people'll slightly change, but I highly doubt someone'll completely go from liking them because of what someone has said. And if you do change your musicial opinion's because of someone else's opinion, there's something wrong with you.

Now, everyone, man your guns, I'm out.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The guy got treated the way he did because he came into this thread acting ignorant. He basically stated that Eminem was the best rapper ever (basing his opinion of talent on album sales might I add) and wouldn't offer to see it any other way.

He was just asking to be attacked in this thread. Especially when he used disrespectful/bordeline homophobic language.

Anyways, there is no reason to keep this thread open at all. So therefore it gets a big closed sticker *slaps it on*.

If you guys want to make a PEACEFUL and RESPECTFUL discussion about hip-hop in Other Music you are more than welcome to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.